Face masks in the Swamp?

Would you wear a face mask in the Swamp?

• Yes

• No

• Ham sammich

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I posted in the "state of college football" thread that a very reliable source told me that plans are being made to seat 15,000 in the swamp. So my question is, if hundreds of old boosters fall out from wearing a mask in 95 degree heat, can we line up to go in as they gurney them out.

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
The UF social media sites literally shove masks down your throat every singe chance they get. I almost don't even recognize that university anymore.

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
I have no problem wearing a mask. If I were a carrier and asymptomatic, and my mask saved just one person from contracting this vicious virus, why would I not wear one???? Yeah, it sucks wearing a mask..i wear one every day at the hotel where I am a GM...and I hate it...but it is the human thing to do...I am glad that this current society were not around during WWII with all the griping and whining they are doing about something so simple as a mask and trying to help out together as a country...even Trump said this virus is a war...yet we have millions of ppl whining about a mask. If this generation were around during WWII we would all be speaking German.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wearing a mask in over 100 degree heat for a 4 hour game, I won't do it. I can watch the same game from the comfort of my living room, in the a/c and without a mask. Just too damn uncomfortable to wear a mask in that heat for that long, when a quality substitute is available at a cheaper price.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
I have no problem wearing a mask. If I were a carrier and asymptomatic, and my mask saved just one person from contracting this vicious virus, why would I not wear one???? Yeah, it sucks wearing a mask..i wear one every day at the hotel where I am a GM...and I hate it...but it is the human thing to do...I am glad that this current society were not around during WWII with all the griping and whining they are doing about something so simple as a mask and trying to help out together as a country...even Trump said this virus is a war...yet we have millions of ppl whining about a mask. If this generation were around during WWII we would all be speaking German.

Totally agree. I really don't understand why people have such a problem wearing a mask for 15 minutes in a store if it has the chance to save someone. It's really not hard or that inconvenient.

However, wearing a mask for 3-4 hours in florida heat is pretty damn brutal. I don't see how they can expect people to wear them. Maybe there are some really nice, high-tech masks that they could provide that are super breathable? I don't see how it's possible otherwise.

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
Totally agree. I really don't understand why people have such a problem wearing a mask for 15 minutes in a store if it has the chance to save someone. It's really not hard or that inconvenient.

However, wearing a mask for 3-4 hours in florida heat is pretty damn brutal. I don't see how they can expect people to wear them. Maybe there are some really nice, high-tech masks that they could provide that are super breathable? I don't see how it's possible otherwise.

Yes, that will be brutal. Shiit it is brutal in September WITHOUT a mask. As The Douglas said, there is the option of watching it on TV. For me, I would wear it, sweat like I normally do in The Swamp and be damn happy to be there watching my Gators play. Glass half full kind of guy.

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
Yes, that will be brutal. Shiit it is brutal in September WITHOUT a mask. As The Douglas said, there is the option of watching it on TV. For me, I would wear it, sweat like I normally do in The Swamp and be damn happy to be there watching my Gators play. Glass half full kind of guy.

I love it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
the lack of self awareness is staggering.

You're right tho. Today's generation would absolutely not win a traditional war. And it's bc of willing capitulation just like you're describing. The WW2 gen would have laughed at the govt mandating freaking masks and carried on with their lives.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
I wouldn’t go if I had to wear a mask. Especially to an early season game. I was at the tenn game when Grier hit Calloway with a minute and a half to go. My wife and my friends wife wanted to leave at halftime because it was so damn hot (they also went from buzzed to hungover in the first half) I couldn’t imagine wearing a mask in that heat

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have no problem wearing a mask. If I were a carrier and asymptomatic, and my mask saved just one person from contracting this vicious virus, why would I not wear one????
There is a reason no one pays you for medical advise or medical care.

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
the lack of self awareness is staggering.

You're right tho. Today's generation would absolutely not win a traditional war. And it's bc of willing capitulation just like you're describing. The WW2 gen would have laughed at the govt mandating freaking masks and carried on with their lives.

Dirty, do you think it's possible that it's just his personal opinion that it's socially responsible to wear a mask? And that it has nothing to do with what the government tells him to do? He pretty much said he believes it's his personal responsibility to protect other people and that he feels that wearing a mask does that. He said nothing about doing it because the government tells him to, or "willing capitulation" as you call it. Is it possible that maybe you watch a news outlet that is telling you the reason why some people are wearing a mask, instead of simply asking people why they feel like they should wear one and listening to their answer? Do you recycle? Or litter? I would bet that, at the very least, you throw your trash in the trashcan usually not because you are bending over for the government but because you feel like it's the right thing to do.

Would love to hear your thoughts without a personal attack.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Dirty, do you think it's possible that it's just his personal opinion that it's socially responsible to wear a mask? And that it has nothing to do with what the government tells him to do? He pretty much said he believes it's his personal responsibility to protect other people and that he feels that wearing a mask does that. He said nothing about doing it because the government tells him to, or "willing capitulation" as you call it. Is it possible that maybe you watch a news outlet that is telling you the reason why some people are wearing a mask, instead of simply asking people why they feel like they should wear one and listening to their answer? Do you recycle? Or litter? I would bet that, at the very least, you throw your trash in the trashcan usually not because you are bending over for the government but because you feel like it's the right thing to do.

Would love to hear your thoughts without a personal attack.
go back and read the post. He argued those who don't wear masks or gripe about being told to are why this generation is soft and would get it's ass kicked in a war. I don't give a sht if someone does or does not wear a mask. But as far as the comparison goes it's total bullsht. The reason this gen is soft is exactly bc they are a bunch of beta pvssies who do every little thing big sis tells them or even implies would be nice to do. We got a society scared of its own shadow. Go live in a plastic bubble if you think it'll help someone. I don't give a sht. But don't talk to me about blindly following anything the media or govt suggests, then tell me those who DONT are the reason we are a bunch of pvssies. For fcks sake :facepalm:

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
If we're lucky enough to get a real football season this year (not some bastardized reduced schedule with limited player and/or team participation) I'll gladly wear a mask for each and every game while sitting on my couch. Not really a big deal.

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
go back and read the post. He argued those who don't wear masks or gripe about being told to are why this generation is soft and would get it's ass kicked in a war. I don't give a sht if someone does or does not wear a mask. But as far as the comparison goes it's total bullsht. The reason this gen is soft is exactly bc they are a bunch of beta pvssies who do every little thing big sis tells them or even implies would be nice to do. We got a society scared of its own shadow. Go live in a plastic bubble if you think it'll help someone. I don't give a sht. But don't talk to me about blindly following anything the media or govt suggests, then tell me those who DONT are the reason we are a bunch of pvssies. For fcks sake :facepalm:

Alright fair enough. There was a veiled insult calling people who don't wear masks soft, or pussies, or whatever you want to call it. That was inappropriate and you take exception to that, as you should.

Separate conversation: is it possible that some people wear a mask out of personal responsibility. Not because they are a pussy or because the government tells them to, but just because they think it's the right thing to do.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Alright fair enough. There was a veiled insult calling people who don't wear masks soft, or pussies, or whatever you want to call it. That was inappropriate and you take exception to that, as you should.

Separate conversation: is it possible that some people wear a mask out of personal responsibility. Not because they are a pussy or because the government tells them to, but just because they think it's the right thing to do.
I've said about ten times I don't care what others do and what their motivation is for doing it; you wanna wrap yourself in plastic bc you think it'll help Gramps? Go for it, I dont care. How bout while being free to do that, those ppl don't criticize anyone choosing to do anything else? How bout that? Still waiting to see that.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
usa_today_10359715.jpg

Tennessee fans will be wearing this style of face masks again this year.

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
I've said about ten times I don't care what others do and what their motivation is for doing it; you wanna wrap yourself in plastic bc you think it'll help Gramps? Go for it, I dont care. How bout while being free to do that, those ppl don't criticize anyone choosing to do anything else? How bout that? Still waiting to see that.

Okay well at least it's good to know you are okay with people wearing a mask as a personal choice to protect others. Take care.

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn’t worry about the mask too much.
If you consider the track record of the CDC, they will change the policy 2-3 more times by September.

Nothing like direction from a clueless organization

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Okay well at least it's good to know you are okay with people wearing a mask as a personal choice to protect others. Take care.
I think you've found my point but may not realize it. We should be free to make personal choices. Not just personal choices that go along with what the media tells us. So many seem fine with anyone who makes the "choice" to do what is being told to be done. Those same ones choosing to do so are very judgemental towards those who choose a diff path. It's hypocrisy and I'm sick of it. The supposed "compassionate" ones are the ones attacking anyone who doesn't do what they do. Very compassionate don't you think?

Let ppl decide for themselves and everyone needs to stop judging others. No one knows anyone elses personal situation. Leave ppl be. That includes the ppl who have a different opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.