Fall Camp: Start Date Aug 17th

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So Mays and the TE ford transfer from UGA and get denied. Fields transfers to Ohio and gets accepted? UGA gets immediate eligibility for their QB from USC? I don't get it? They must be playing darts at the NCAA, with their eligibility acceptance.

Glamour positions like QB usually get the benefit of the doubt lately... also how much media attention a kid gets usually helps them out.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The video I saw of practice had the interior line as

Heggie - LG
White - C
Reese - RG

If Heggie can return to form, that’s a nice interior o-line. I assume Heggie will actually play center with White at LG. I couldn’t tell who was at tackle. I’m hoping Forsythe is at RT.

Gourage & Forsythe are playing OT. I'm surprised Egukan didn't get the nod over White at Center - but they're probably just experimenting right now and Heggie will eventually move there.

Apparently Hopper STILL needs to add weight.

And...there's still no updated roster from the UAA.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gourage & Forsythe are playing OT. I'm surprised Egukan didn't get the nod over White at Center - but they're probably just experimenting right now and Heggie will eventually move there.

I think there is a lot of experimenting going on right now without spring ball, and with the season start pushed back. A lot of learning is going on with both the players and the coaches. Wonder how much is lost without having a Spring and true offseason workouts.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

UAA is too busy with surfing the internet.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

They do not want Forsythe at LT. It has been reported by many beat writers that the staff does not view him as a true LT. Gouraige received every opportunity to win the LT last spring and fall but failed in epic fashion. After some solid play during the season at LG, I am hoping he has gained the necessary confidence to play LT.

Did he lose weight during shutdown like Issiah Walker? Or, does Hopper have one of those bodies that finds it hard to add weight?

I am genuinely shocked. UAA is usually on top of the roster. :lol:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Couple things I read:

1. OL has been terrible so far. No pads yet though.

2. Moon looks dominant at Buck.

3. Cox starting at SDE but Carter is out due to an injury (non football related).

4. Pitts better not get hurt because backup TEs are terrible.

5. DL looks dominant. But again, OL looks mediocre.

6. Lingard and young receivers are bringing crazy speed to the team.

If Moon is dominating that isn't good news for our tackles. I like Cox at end
and would prefer Bogle at Buck. Zip is a good TE, and I think will play a lot.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a guy like Malik Davis or Clement get some reps
at slot. Especially if the 3 receivers don't come back. Rogers was a good snag
by Torrian, but played offense in high school. If he has good hands I wouldn't
be surprised to see him get a shot catching a few bubble screens from the slot either.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Moon is dominating that isn't good news for our tackles. I like Cox at end
and would prefer Bogle at Buck. Zip is a good TE, and I think will play a lot.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a guy like Malik Davis or Clement get some reps
at slot. Especially if the 3 receivers don't come back. Rogers was a good snag
by Torrian, but played offense in high school. If he has good hands I wouldn't
be surprised to see him get a shot catching a few bubble screens from the slot either.

I read something saying that Clements may get reps at slot with Tony, Grimes, and Copeland acting like retards.

Also people are perplexed with Zip not showing much the 1st couple days.

Worth it to note that no pads and the Oline And young receivers have had no spring and we are almost in the fall before they’ve had time to practice. Offensive skill and Line positions require timing. Defense should be ahead under normal circumstances

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I read something saying that Clements may get reps at slot with Tony, Grimes, and Copeland acting like retards.

Also people are perplexed with Zip not showing much the 1st couple days.

Worth it to note that no pads and the Oline And young receivers have had no spring and we are almost in the fall before they’ve had time to practice. Offensive skill and Line positions require timing. Defense should be ahead under normal circumstances

Key Point, Defense is almost always ahead of offense at this point. The odd timing of this offseason, is really going to be interesting the first couple of weeks of the season. A couple of teams will win games they shouldn't because their opponent will not have their timing and cohesion down yet.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Couple things I read:

1. OL has been terrible so far. No pads yet though.

2. Moon looks dominant at Buck.

3. Cox starting at SDE but Carter is out due to an injury (non football related).

4. Pitts better not get hurt because backup TEs are terrible.

5. DL looks dominant. But again, OL looks mediocre.

6. Lingard and young receivers are bringing crazy speed to the team.

If they are experimenting, I would expect the line to look bad.

At no point in his career has Moon done anything but try to run around the tackle. He has no move set at all. He plays with no strength. He should be at linebacker where his athleticism can be utilized. If I were him, I'd sue Choker for coaching malpractice.

I do think our defense will be really good. But, not having Carter will hurt as I viewed him having the kind of year where he would be leaving for the draft.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Apparently Dante Lang has moved over to SDE. This is a solid move, especially if Carter is going to sit out.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Didn't someone say Carter actually had a non football related injury? The couple times I've heard him interviewed he sounded like a pretty level headed guy. I hope he comes to his senses fast.

As far as Toney and Copeland go, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't really opting out, just haven't been able to find the practice field yet.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Didn't someone say Carter actually had a non football related injury? The couple times I've heard him interviewed he sounded like a pretty level headed guy. I hope he comes to his senses fast.

As far as Toney and Copeland go, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't really opting out, just haven't been able to find the practice field yet.

His injury - and this is no bullsh*t - is a dog bite. True story.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

His injury - and this is no bullsh*t - is a dog bite. True story.

Bob Redmond making up shyt

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Bob Redmond making up shyt

I know we only really see our own world, but we have to have the worst sports coverage and beat writers of all time, right? I mean how does this happen, especially in 2020? Every one of them is an unmitigated disaster.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Redmond is saying he mixed up the info. Looks like Cox was bit. But not affecting his play. Nothing confirmed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator