Fall Camp: Start Date Aug 17th

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps there's room at Greg Nord's nursing home.

Knox just seems a little young for that. I got what you made him independently wealthy. I suspect he's going to need to spend a few years working fast food first.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This looks like and old clip, but you'll like it

How about instead of threatening with the transfer portal he threatens them with recruiting talent? And then actually brings in recruits?

Novel concept right?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How about instead of threatening with the transfer portal he threatens them with recruiting talent? And then actually brings in recruits?
like anyone would believe that threat.

the problem is it's not JUST Knox. we had the same problem recruiting for this offense the last time Mullins was here. top running backs don't want to come to a program and watch the quarterback take half the carries.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
like anyone would believe that threat.

the problem is it's not JUST Knox. we had the same problem recruiting for this offense the last time Mullins was here. top running backs don't want to come to a program and watch the quarterback take half the carries.

OK. Why can’t he just recruit a wide receiver? Or a tight end? Or help recruit linemen?

Assign him a geographical region.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
OK. Why can’t he just recruit a wide receiver? Or a tight end? Or help recruit linemen?

Assign him a geographical region.
Why indeed?

I didnt fire Juwaan Seider to hire this asshat. Maybe you should ask Dancing Dan.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

And that’s the beginning of the end of the “football” facility. First, they’ll note how well the IPF supports the other sports. Then someone will file a title ix complaint that it’s unfair for the football team to get their own standalone facility outside the swamp. Finally, the UAA will release a statement renaming the football facility to the sports excellence facility and football will only get a couple of cubicles while softball and soccer get all the corner offices.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And that’s the beginning of the end of the “football” facility. First, they’ll note how well the IPF supports the other sports. Then someone will file a title ix complaint that it’s unfair for the football team to get their own standalone facility outside the swamp. Finally, the UAA will release a statement renaming the football facility to the sports excellence facility and football will only get a couple of cubicles while softball and soccer get all the corner offices.
Likely true. /politifact

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Every day at UF I went down SW 2nd avenue to get to the law school. Every day, EVERY SINGLE DAY, there were players at the practice field running plays and drills. Almost always DW, Kresser and others throwing to receivers, getting their timing just right. But also other position groups.

So, I guess now they will do at the baseball field, dodging the bulldozers.... who am I kidding.... bulldozer, or in the IPF dodging the people lifting weights. Or they just wont practice, after missing spring practice.

the good news is we didn't inconvenience baseball in the slightest.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Every day at UF I went down SW 2nd avenue to get to the law school. Every day, EVERY SINGLE DAY, there were players atdat tue practice field running plays and drills. Almost always DW, Kresser and others throwing to receivers, getting their timing just right.

So, I guess now they will do at tue baseball field, dodging the bulldozers.... who ak I kidding.... bulldozer, or innthe IPF dodging the weights.

the good news is we didn't inconvenience baseball in the slightest

I guess our guys can do this on
Was the rum extra strong tonight?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Every day at UF I went down SW 2nd avenue to get to the law school. Every day, EVERY SINGLE DAY, there were players at the practice field running plays and drills. Almost always DW, Kresser and others throwing to receivers, getting their timing just right. But also other position groups.

So, I guess now they will do at the baseball field, dodging the bulldozers.... who am I kidding.... bulldozer, or in the IPF dodging the people lifting weights. Or they just wont practice, after missing spring practice.

Last I checked, there’s 3 practice fields outside the IPF. Did they go away? Is that where they parked the bulldozers? What am I missing?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

When they were not there, they would be in the centerfield of the track, running routes... especially before spring conditioning. Can't tell you how many time I ran into Danny W., Terry D., Kresser while at the track to get my work in. Spurrier trash talking players as they were doing conditioning, was some really good stuff.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The NCAA is set to approve:
  • Voluntary workouts: June 1-25 (plus 8 hours virtual instruction per week)
  • Mandatory workouts: July 13 (plus 8 hours weight training, conditioning, film review combined)
  • Walk-through's and meetings: July 24 (8 hours weight training, 6 hours walk-through with football, 6 hours for meetings)
  • Preseason practices: Aug. 7 (20 hours per week)
The plan will need final approval from the Division I Council, which is tentatively scheduled to meet June 17.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Last I checked, there’s 3 practice fields outside the IPF. Did they go away? Is that where they parked the bulldozers? What am I missing?
Not from what I see on Google. Looks like there is one full field and another 70 yard field. That’s it. Think the site of the IPF was the third field you’re thinking of. There is a huge track and field right next to the 1.5 practice fields that would have made for a great stand alone. Perhaps the plan
is to have the football team use some of that field for fall practice now that we’ve repurposed the IPF so the basketball team can get their workouts in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.