Fall Camp starts today!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Woohooo! Fall camp officially starts today and now we can read a lot of people telling us who is doing well and who isn't in the small portion of practice that they see!

So with that... lets take some predictions.

Who wins the QB battle? Treon or Will

I honestly think Will is going to win this. I think he is the more polished passer and more likely to succeed in the pro-style system. Treon does have the experience of starting last year and the ability to avoid tackles, but I think Will ends up the starter at the end of Fall camp. I also expect both of these guys to play during the year.

What say you?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I have said before I dont care who starts as long as we win but I do think its Grier...

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Will is going to be our next QB.

So glad camp is starting up!!

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
florida-gators-1.gif

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Grier will start and do well, but Harris will still see plenty of playing time this year.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If I remember correctly, DC usually goes to G-Ville this time of year with his son and sneaks into practice. He usually has a good report back to us. I'm excited for his reporting skills.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
NVGator;n256303 said:
If I remember correctly, DC usually goes to G-Ville this time of year with his son and sneaks into practice. He usually has a good report back to us. I'm excited for his reporting skills.

I think DC said he might be able to make it around the middle of August if he does this year. I hope so. Doesn't Goldkamp or Crucial,errrrr I mean Zak sometimes drop a report over here?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mac will name Grier the starter but will end up going to Harris after a few SEC games.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n256318 said:
I think DC said he might be able to make it around the middle of August if he does this year. I hope so. Doesn't Goldkamp or Crucial,errrrr I mean Zak sometimes drop a report over here?

Zach wont' drop over here since they have the "other" forum up and running. Goldkamp might... would love to get DC reporting again or anybody who can give us details.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our boys are sweating and bleeding today. Hope we have a bit of luck and have no injuries especially the big eaters.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n256329 said:
Zach wont' drop over here since they have the "other" forum up and running. Goldkamp might... would love to get DC reporting again or anybody who can give us details.

The only problem with Goldkamp and the other pay site guys is they generally sugar coat things way too much especially with the QBs. I remember their articles on Driskel in practice sounding so good and then you read their actual play by plays and it didn't appear the QB was doing that good at all against the 1st team defense. The same with Grier this year. I saw an article claiming Grier looked pretty good in some passing drills in a practice and then a video of the practice surfaces a couple of days later and Grier threw a couple of picks and out of bounds mostly in red zone passing drills against our good defenders. I am not counting on anything until I see it in SEC play with this offense.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gator Fever;n256343 said:
The only problem with Goldkamp and the other pay site guys is they generally sugar coat things way too much especially with the QBs. I remember their articles on Driskel in practice sounding so good and then you read their actual play by plays and it didn't appear the QB was doing that good at all against the 1st team defense. The same with Grier this year. I saw an article claiming Grier looked pretty good in some passing drills in a practice and then a video of the practice surfaces a couple of days later and Grier threw a couple of picks and out of bounds mostly in red zone passing drills against our good defenders. I am not counting on anything until I see it in SEC play with this offense.

Of course they aren't going to give us all the story. I still like to hear or read whatever is out there. I think you have to read between the lines a little and form your own opinion about what's transpiring at practice....As far as you're comments regarding Driskel, I believe he probably was pretty good at practice but couldn't carry it over to the games.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The press guys are only allowed to see a portion of the practice anyway. The coaches control what they are able to see. Nobody knows how good this team will be until we see them play, but until then... fall camp reports are the only information we get and most of us will read, analyze and debate everything we can because we are Gator football junkies. That is why we are here.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n256330 said:
Our boys are sweating and bleeding today. Hope we have a bit of luck and have no injuries especially the big eaters.

Checking in really shouldn't be all that dangerous, no?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n256358 said:
Of course they aren't going to give us all the story. I still like to hear or read whatever is out there. I think you have to read between the lines a little and form your own opinion about what's transpiring at practice....As far as you're comments regarding Driskel, I believe he probably was pretty good at practice but couldn't carry it over to the games.

I still read it - I just dont believe it as much as I used to. I never saw an extended play by play on those sites that I remember where Driskel really sounded that good. A lot of led the receiver out of bounds and just missed so and so etc. but the actual articles would leave a lot of that stuff out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n256364 said:
Checking in really shouldn't be all that dangerous, no?
Really? How many ACLs have we lost in the last few camps while the guys were wearing shorts?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n256420 said:
Really? How many ACLs have we lost in the last few camps while the guys were wearing shorts?

No No NO.... these guys were all OK ... remember... Muschamp said so....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator