Fall Practice 2022

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Listening to press conference now.

I don't remember hearing any Gator coach sound so in command. Certainly not any recent ones. Not to mention going into his first game ever.

I mean, you gotta win games, but the improvement in communication over Shuck & Jive Dan is something to behold.

I mentioned this back in the opening press conference last year. We have not had anyone speak as well and be as under control since Meyer. And yeah it’s obviously about winning games, but at this stage it’s about motivating players and their believing in you. So speaking well, especially in public, carries a lot of weight in terms of how those players respond in games.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I mentioned this back in the opening press conference last year. We have not had anyone speak as well and be as under control since Meyer. And yeah it’s obviously about winning games, but at this stage it’s about motivating players and their believing in you. So speaking well, especially in public, carries a lot of weight in terms of how those players respond in games.
Part of the trust is him saying the same things to the world that he says to them, and doing what he says consistently and fairly.

I noted that playing time is earned on and off the field. His emphasis on building good habits is excellent.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The last two pressers have been Master's Classes in communication, organization and managing expectations. I hope folks are beginning to recognize that he is more "A beautiful Mind" and less of a "Sling Blade"

Go Billy!!

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
The last two pressers have been Master's Classes in communication, organization and managing expectations. I hope folks are beginning to recognize that he is more "A beautiful Mind" and less of a "Sling Blade"

Go Billy!!

But ole sling could cut through the nonsense.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I have started to insert a up toned 'right' with a bit of a pause after the point while speaking and I like doing it. Right?
Sometimes it's followed with ! and others a ?, It's about the only irritating thing I hear when he speaks.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Listening to press conference now.

I don't remember hearing any Gator coach sound so in command. Certainly not any recent ones. Not to mention going into his first game ever.

I mean, you gotta win games, but the improvement in communication over Shuck & Jive Dan is something to behold.
There’s a fine line between confidence and arrogance and he seems to know exactly where it falls.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I have started to insert a up toned 'right' with a bit of a pause after the point while speaking and I like doing it. Right?
A reporter at the press conference made a good observation, right(?), when he mentioned the ratio of staff to players in the team photo.

Fa3B2sTUcAAZtX6

I did the counting so you all don't have to -- I got 140 staff members vs. 116 players. Good luck finding a previous team photo with a ratio like that. Gotta give props to the Admin for supporting Coach BN's vision.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
A reporter at the press conference made a good observation, right(?), when he mentioned the ratio of staff to players in the team photo.

Fa3B2sTUcAAZtX6

I did the counting so you all don't have to -- I got 140 staff members vs. 116 players. Good luck finding a previous team photo with a ratio like that. Gotta give props to the Admin for supporting Coach BN's vision.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Fa3B2sTUcAAZtX6

Napier explained they include...EVERYONE...who has anything to do with the team on Photo Day.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Fa3B2sTUcAAZtX6

Pic includes 85 undergrads from video to equipment helpers.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Sometimes it's followed with ! and others a ?, It's about the only irritating thing I hear when he speaks.
I dont find it irritating at all. Its a tell that when he communicates he is making sure the receiver understands which is a big part of why he probably is very effective with getting his vision across. Not the 'right' part but what it says about him. Right?! In fact...Ive caught myself several times either nodding or saying yes to my monitor while listening to him.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I dont find it irritating at all. Its a tell that when he communicates he is making sure the receiver understands which is a big part of why he probably is very effective with getting his vision across. Not the 'right' part but what it says about him. Right?! In fact...Ive caught myself several times either nodding or saying yes to my monitor while listening to him.
Thanks for sharing your opinion, as I shared mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator