Fall Practice Kicks Off TODAY (with notes)

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Woohoo!!! :chomp: :chomp:

NOTES on 1st Practice:

Florida held its first of two split-squad practices on Thursday afternoon, with the veterans going in the early session. GatorBait.net breaks down some of the highlights from the open periods of media viewing at the beginning of the practice.

The passing game looked crisp in its debut
It's hard to read a ton into the first practice in shorts and helmets, but there's little doubt the passing game at Florida is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was at this time a year ago. The Gators know the spots they're supposed to be hitting.

The Gators didn't show a ton of routes in the first practice -- it was primarily digs, slants and the occasional drag or seam route -- and will add more as they build on each practice. That said, it was an encouraging first outing for the offense.

What's next for the Gators? Make sure you're in the loop -- take five seconds to sign up for our FREE Gators newsletter now!

Quarterback Luke Del Rio was crisp in the fastball portion of the practice, which features four plays run at a quick tempo. He completed a short dump-off pass over the middle on the second play after Jordan Cronkrite led off the drill with a run to the left that was swarmed quickly by the defense.

Then Del Rio hooked up with DeAndre Goolsby twice, with Goolsby making a nice snag over the middle with Marcus Maye quickly closing in. The final play of the drill was a beautiful short floater down the seam to Goolsby, lofted perfectly by Del Rio over linebacker Daniel McMillian in coverage.

In routes on air work, the quarterbacks were mostly sharp, though Del Rio missed Chris Thompson once behind him on a slant and the receivers had a few drops in the drill.

In pass skeleton work, both Austin Appleby and Del Rio had some nice throws. Appleby very nearly connected with Brandon Powell on the play of the day in the periods open to the media as Powell blew by three defenders down the seam, but the throw was just a hair long and Powell couldn't quite make a one-handed snag.

Regardless, it was clear that Florida's passing game likely won't take quite as long to get in sync as it did a year ago.

Read more at: http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/P...-Passing-crisp-defensive-stars-shine-46590706

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I am curious how many bleachers our WR crew will run. They got into a little trouble during the offseason and time to pay the piper.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am curious how many bleachers our WR crew will run. They got into a little trouble during the offseason and time to pay the piper.

They have probably already run them, they should pass the conditioning test without issue due to it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm curious why we are starting today and other programs w/ the same game 1 kickoff date have already begun practice (some as early as 3 days ago). I understand if they are kicking off at an earlier date. I'm assuming they are allowed X number of practices, but will have more days off or less 2-a-days if they are started practice earlier.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm curious why we are starting today and other programs w/ the same game 1 kickoff date have already begun practice (some as early as 3 days ago). I understand if they are kicking off at an earlier date. I'm assuming they are allowed X number of practices, but will have more days off or less 2-a-days if they are started practice earlier.

The rules are explicit.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You're allowed a certain number of practices before your first game week starts. Some programs start earlier and spread them out, some start later and have more twoadays.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
J, seems you booted the thread-title ?

Hope our practices are saturated with the rhythms of confidence and the verve of Gator pride & joy.
I think our players will get extraordinarily energized as they "feel" the Mac-regime has taken shape and
they are ready to elevate the GatorNation's return to the top 10 … top 5, full SEC champs and NCs.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
J, seems you booted the thread-title ?

Hope our practices are saturated with the rhythms of confidence and the verve of Gator pride & joy.
I think our players will get extraordinarily energized as they "feel" the Mac-regime has taken shape and
they are ready to elevate the GatorNation's return to the top 10 … top 5, full SEC champs and NCs.

You silver-tongued devil...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is wearing socks. WTF?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alright here comes a ton of updates. I'd suggest to view it on the website and not the app since it's going to be all twitter posts and twitter videos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator