Fastest a human being has ever run in a football game

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I love watching that, especially when he split the 2 DBs. Never had a chance. Demps could maintain that speed. Rainey had no endurance and he got chased down a lot. The other fast run highlight I like is the Harvin counter play (first play of the 2nd half) vs South Carolina in 2008. He just out ran everyone and then you see Murphy's blazing speed catching up to Harvin.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
Awesome run. As others have said though, these runs were plentiful against Kentucky, Vandy, Tennessee and other bottom dwellers. Unfortunately, they were entirely absent against the tougher competition. I remember being frustrated that we never seemed to have even one of these type plays against the better teams.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The blocking on these plays is like something we haven't seen in a long time. Maybe 2014 UGA game.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Percy = most talented player to grace this program. Man I miss him :(

I remember those plays like they were yesterday....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Percy = most talented player to grace this program. Man I miss him :(

I remember those plays like they were yesterday....
Exactly and what set them all up was this stuff...Anyone wonder why our safeties looked so bad against LSU, Bama and Michigan....Anyone? Anyone?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Got any clips of him getting chased down by Bammers 260lb linebackers and planted on his head after a 3 yard loss on a sweep? Good times.

You know I hate to agree with Concrete Bertchump, but he is right. Without Tebow tying up the LBs, Demps and Rainey were beyond worthless.
They definitely needed a power back to be paired with. Didn't necessarily have to be the QB.

And Rainey was one of our all time best special teams players. To call him beyond worthless is just silly.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
And Rainey was one of our all time best special teams players
I'm guilty of forgetting about this part of his time here. He blocked a sh!t ton of kicks...He would have been a pretty decent change of pace back if we had been able to get a guy like Trent Richardson and he was always a threat to take a screen pass the distance....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This thread was about that particular run. Do you have a b!tch about that run? I'm sure you'll come up with something.
After watching us try to pound the defense with Jeff Demps for years, I guess we hoped the defense would get tired of lawn darting him face first, I guess I'd prefer not to hear the name again ever.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I also think stretching the field with Murphy, Harvin, Cooper, and Tebow's ability to throw the long ball was just as important to the run game. The defense never knew if they were going to get bombed over the top, trucked by Timmy, or popped with a smurph quick hitter. It was fun to watch, unless you were a rival.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I also think stretching the field with Murphy, Harvin, Cooper, and Tebow's ability to throw the long ball was just as important to the run game. The defense never knew if they were going to get bombed over the top, trucked by Timmy, or popped with a smurph quick hitter. It was fun to watch, unless you were a rival.
It was a unique blend of talents not seen before or since. I'm in 100% agreement that out threat of going deep aided our running game and the numbers bear that point. I believe we were almost deadnuts even in passing and rushing yardage between 2006-2009. It's what happened after that, lack of a strong running presence and true dominant ball carriers that have afflicted our QB's development and performance along with the offensive staff turnover created by a mindless HC. I bet John Brantley would be thought of a little differently if he had Eddie Lacey or Trent Richardson in the backfield with him. Staying ahead of the sticks does wonders for even an average QB....

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer's team was the exact opposite of a power running team. :facepalm:
No doubt. The only power was the run blocking. Even Crete's highlight was Tim on a broken play. That's where he was the most dangerous. Heck, he couldn't make the 4th and 1 against Ole Miss when they stacked the box.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We had a good line that was capable of blocking pretty well on run plays in a spread offense. However we relied on speed getting to the edge and running outside the tackle box. We did not run from tight formations and simply try to run over opponents for 80 yards. However, opponents did have to worry about Tebow who could run over opponents at any time. But his primary job was to get the ball to smurfs in the open field and let them out athlete the opposition.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We had a good line that was capable of blocking pretty well on run plays in a spread offense. However we relied on speed getting to the edge and running outside the tackle box. We did not run from tight formations and simply try to run over opponents for 80 yards. However, opponents did have to worry about Tebow who could run over opponents at any time. But his primary job was to get the ball to smurfs in the open field and let them out athlete the opposition.
And throw deep to very good WR's and a killer TE

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.