Favorite FSU Moment

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here are three that come to mind. I'd rate some of those Casey Weldon sacks in the '91 game up there, too.

Tebow bulldozes Jamie Robinson.

Hilliard's stop and pop.

Slinger to Quezzie to set up the game winner, 0:28.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Its crazy this game doesn't have more crazy endings than it does. I remember FSU beating us in 2003 with less than a minute left I think (Rix hit a 4th and long and then hit a 50 plus yard bomb to give FSU the win) but I don't remember us ever beating FSU that way. We did take the lead over them with around 2 minutes left in 97 and then got an interception to seal that game where a FG could have tied it up.

I guess scoring that late TD in 97 to screw over their #1 ranking and championship hopes would be my favorite memory.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Gotta go with the 2008 game. Percy got hurt and all of them cheered. We still whooped their asses.

That was the closest I ever came to getting in a fight at a game. Cheering when a player is down; bunch of assnoles.

Being there for the christening of Ron Zook Field was probably the most fun. Zooker being carried off the field was awesome. We sat second row with the Gator cheerleaders right in front of us. OMG what a major distraction. Buddy I went with still refers to it as the Cheerleader game.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Anything from 52-20 of course but you have to go with the...go to the 18:18 minute mark...BEHIND THE DEFENSE!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever you do, don't turn up the volume.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gators christen Ron Zook Field by carrying their coach off it in his final game. I'm pretty sure Jason Byrd is in the scrum helping to lift the Zooker.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Gators christen Ron Zook Field by carrying their coach off it in his final game. I'm pretty sure Jason Byrd is in the scrum helping to lift the Zooker.
This is mine.

Edit: it's one of my favorite two, the other being 52-20.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever you do, don't turn up the volume.

I loved that game - a Muschamp special that worked - after they took the lead we just Jumbo Packaged them into submission. I think we had over 200 yards rushing that game.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Being able to be at both the 96 title game and the 97 game, nothing will top any moment from either game for me. Hopefully we can create some new fond memories on Saturday

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I loved that game - a Muschamp special that worked - after they took the lead we just Jumbo Packaged them into submission. I think we had over 200 yards rushing that game.
Antonio Morrison just obliterates EJ Manuel and recovers the fumble. My favorite play.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
My favorite was 95 and our first undefeated regular season. It was a hell of a game and as it was unfolding OSU was beating Michigan, so you knew we were jumping to #2 in the polls, and would be playing in our first NC game. Some games like 97 500,000 people claim they were there, but 95, nobody seems to remember that game.

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
97 game. We parked across the stadium and paid for 3 parking spaces one for each car and the third for space to set up our table, chairs and grille. A few minutes before the game a car full of F$U fans pulled up and tried to muscle into our 3rd space. One of the F$U fans was a big athletic looking black guy, a real stud. He was real pushy but they eventually went on and parked down the road. Before leaving the dude told us "this is the best team we have ever had and we are going to kick your a$$.".

After the game we were back at the parking lot partying and the group of FSU fans came walking down the road. One of our guys started yelling at them. One of the F$U guys came over and told us not to F with the black guy he said "He is one bad dude and is not in a very good mood right now". Jeff took this as a challenge and started waving a beer in the air. When he got the guys attention he said " Hey we just beat the best F$U team ever, if you have the balls to come get it we have one beer left, it's yours if you wan't it". The big guy came twards us with his head hung low, walked straight to Jeff and took the beer from his hand then said. "You guys have a hell of a team, I'm sorry I misbehaved before the game". The rest of us breathed a big sigh of relief.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There are the obvious ones mentioned already. But I also really liked ‘91. I was on the field for that game and it was an epic moment in Swamp history. I can still visualize the final batted down pass in the endzone like it was yesterday. Sealed a 10-1 season.

Was in NY for the 2004 game, so had to finish up a business dinner and go to watch it at the ESPN club in midtown. Tons of Gators there that night and it was one of the more memorable games given the circumstances. Love the orange pants when we play there as well.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@78 all good ones! I agree about the '91 game. Great defensive performance and Weldon definitely took a beating. One other favorite of mine was '86 in Tallahassee with Bell to Nattiel late to rip their hearts out. It was wet and it looked like we were going down the drain. I had a date with a FSU coed and when I showed up in my Gator sweat shirt, her look told me there wouldn't be a second one. We went and got soaked and she was polite after their loss. After dropping her off, I found a couple of buddies and, as TP might say, "reveled in my abandon!" Great finish to a great win over the Nole$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator