Film Study: Florida’s hiring of McElwain spells trouble for the SEC

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I couldn't read anymore after that.

"For the record, if Muschamp were able to continue on as head coach he would’ve eventually righted the ship and restored this historic program back to its rightful place among the elite.

But coming on the heels of, perhaps, the greatest coach in the program’s history — current Ohio State coach Urban Meyer — meant that Muschamp wouldn’t be granted the necessary time to fulfill the goals that comes with a program of this magnitude."

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Yup. If he couldn't win with his "most complete team he's had while at Florida" he wasn't going to right the ship no matter how much time he got.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I couldn't get through the first half of the article. It just gave excuse after excuse for the offense's failings under Muschamp.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gator Fever;n128298 said:

"For the record, if Muschamp were able to continue on as head coach he would’ve eventually righted the ship and restored this historic program back to its rightful place among the elite.

But coming on the heels of, perhaps, the greatest coach in the program’s history — current Ohio State coach Urban Meyer — meant that Muschamp wouldn’t be granted the necessary time to fulfill the goals that comes with a program of this magnitude."
:lies2:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not bad after he got through all the WM bs.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully he pulls it off sooner rather than later. The biggest difference will be at the moment we don't have the OL to have an efficient run or passing game. We need to land a lot of high quality offensive linemen these next two recruiting cycles.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good article. Just his personal view, nothing new or earth shattering.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
"I also wouldn’t rule out Driskel returning and getting the full-McElwain treatment and rescuing his career. (Sometimes that girl looks to good to pass up, you know?)"

:sadnanner::gah::suicide:

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
QueenCityGator;128564 said:
"I also wouldn’t rule out Driskel returning and getting the full-McElwain treatment and rescuing his career. (Sometimes that girl looks to good to pass up, you know?)" :sadnanner::gah::suicide:
Sometimes the pretty girl has herpes.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Exactly what I thought. Anyone.....ANYONE! who still thinks Muschamp would have "righted the ship" is a bonafide idiot!

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014

Yeah I threw-up in my mouth a little after reading that too.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope Coach Mac and the Gators win every game in the next 20 years. Having said that, for an article titled "Film Study" there was very little either film or study. People can say what they want, but we'll only know if he's going to be a success by waiting and seeing.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He also said we were an excellent run blocking team this year. I would say that we were much better at pass blocking this year (just had no qb able to complete the balls when given time) then we were at run blocking. We drastically improved from zero pass blocking to fairly serviceable in this area while substantially regressing in run blocking. Georgia is the only game you could look at this year and say we had a good run blocking O-line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator