Finebaum on Kelly: They paid $10M for that?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Woodward knew damn well he wasn't a fit, but he was in a jam and knew he had to land a "big name" in order to please his crazy fan base. There was no one else. Had he hired Napier, a big chunk of them would have thrown a fit and called him "Sling Blade" just like our fans did. So many of our fans made fools of themselves.
He's still Sling Blade to me.

(he was the protagonist in the movie)

Yeah ... No.

If you follow me ...

Aight den.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Brutal. Just brutal for Kelly. LSU going to feel that buyer's remorse fairly quickly now. What makes this even sweeter is their answer was just down the road and instead we got him. For some reason that Notre Dame brand still has resonance for some and lucky for us LSU fell for it.
Good gosh, you are 100% dead-on. The answer was just down the road and we got him. Man that feels good. Now let’s hope our staff flips a couple.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
LSU was bent on Jimbo. And like when we got Mullen...they did not think CBN had enough P5 experience.
Many on Chatter said the same...LSU fans knew otherwise...They loved him in Lafayette...Really popular...LSU fans were miffed.
Many thought Kiffin had too much baggage...I thought he was perfect...They just dumped O...and so Kelly was their Muschamp...clean up the program.
When I heard Kelly...I thought Chip...NOT Brian...I said..."What were they thinking. That ain't gonna fly"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator