Finebaum Show - Caller Alleging That Treon is Guilty

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
The more I thought about the guy that called the Finebaum, yesterday, alleging that the evidence against Treon was an "open and shut case" the angrier I got. The caller doesn't bother me as much as Finebaum allowing the call to be aired. They had not vetted the caller or the information; thus, making it no different than something you would see on the Jerry Springer show. I thought the SEC Network is suppose to be a professional sports network, not some Bamer back-woods call in show.

I am going to write ESPN/SEC Network and voice a complaint. I hope all of you will join me. Paul Finebaum owes Treon Harris, the University of Florida and Gator Nation an apology and he should have to make it on his show, after every commercial break, for a week.

Maybe I am overreacting; however, I believe we need to stand up for Treon and UF.

Here's a link to submit a complaint:

https://r.espn.go.com/members/contact/tvindex

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The caller isn't the only one who doesn't know anything, neither do we and yet you are advocating "standing up" for someone accused of rape in a case where you have zero, nada, zilch, nothing in the way of knowledge. It's not football skippy; its real life. Leave the sports homerism out of it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
yea, maybe he does have info... or maybe he's a big dumb bammer homer. Finebaums schtick is that he lets crazed lunatics rant on. It doesnt matter what they say b/c they prove themselves to be fools on the air. This is nothing, relax man. Suggest you take a break from the PFB Show for a bit, you're starting to take it seriously and thats dangerous my brotha! :eek:hnoes:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't worry about it. Its really no different than the local shows and they don't screen the callers too much. They probably like people calling in claiming absolutes like that to stir people up.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The point of his show is to cause drama and get the crazies out. Did any of you see that phylis from Alabama rant. The show purposely called her out, so she would call up and rant. It's about drama and sunsationalism not sports news. Welcome of the ESPN which means Entertainment and Sports Programming Network. There is a reason Entertainment is the first word in their name.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
F18Bundy;n72677 said:
The caller isn't the only one who doesn't know anything, neither do we and yet you are advocating "standing up" for someone accused of rape in a case where you have zero, nada, zilch, nothing in the way of knowledge. It's not football skippy; its real life. Leave the sports homerism out of it.

That's not my point! Treon deserves the right to be deemed "innocent until proven guilty". That's a Constitutional right afforded to all of us and it should never be taken lightly. Unfortunately, in today's society, if the allegation is about gender, race and/or sexual misconduct, the PC crowd comes out in force and damns anyone who defends that basic right. There is no "Homerism" involved on my behalf. If he is guilty he should pay, in accordance with our laws; however, he should not be treated unfairly by those in the media, while the rest of us sit back on our hands and say nothing about his rights being abused or taken lightly. If you witnessed the call and Finebaum's reaction, I don't see how you could not find it troublesome. This is not the first time Finebaum has attempted to exploit the issues we are facing. During the Gator Nation episode, on Sept 27, 2014, Finebaum talked about Muschamp being on the "hot seat" and that Gator fans had called in to his show, the previous week, demanding that Muschamp be fired. They played the calls and they were his regular callers from Bamerville and Jawja. It may not bother you that Finebaum does such things, but, it offends the hell out of me. If he was still a Jerry Springer-like radio show, as before, I would consider the source; however, he is on a major professional sports network and his actions and words carry a lot more weight than before.

As I stated in my initial post, I may be over-reacting. I value our Constitutional rights and I have no tolerance for someone abusing them.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;72704 said:
Did any of you see that phylis from Alabama rant.
Yeah. We have a thread devoted to it. It's truly a classic.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n72707 said:
That's not my point! Treon deserves the right to be deemed "innocent until proven guilty". That's a Constitutional right afforded to all of us and it should never be taken lightly. Unfortunately, in today's society, if the allegation is about gender, race and/or sexual misconduct, the PC crowd comes out in force and damns anyone who defends that basic right. There is no "Homerism" involved on my behalf. If he is guilty he should pay, in accordance with our laws; however, he should not be treated unfairly by those in the media, while the rest of us sit back on our hands and say nothing about his rights being abused or taken lightly. If you witnessed the call and Finebaum's reaction, I don't see how you could not find it troublesome. This is not the first time Finebaum has attempted to exploit the issues we are facing. During the Gator Nation episode, on Sept 27, 2014, Finebaum talked about Muschamp being on the "hot seat" and that Gator fans had called in to his show, the previous week, demanding that Muschamp be fired. They played the calls and they were his regular callers from Bamerville and Jawja. It may not bother you that Finebaum does such things, but, it offends the hell out of me. If he was still a Jerry Springer-like radio show, as before, I would consider the source; however, he is on a major professional sports network and his actions and words carry a lot more weight than before.

As I stated in my initial post, I may be over-reacting. I value our Constitutional rights and I have no tolerance for someone abusing them.

The problem is this isn't a violation of his Constitutional Right, per law he is still innocent until proven guilty. If we were to infringe on people's rights to their opinion then we are infringing on their right to Free Speech. If the police in this case were arresting him with no evidence then that would be infringing on his "innocent until proven guilty"

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I am going crazy, being confined to this chair. Think I'll go dig out those bottles of German liquor that have been aging for a moment like this. I apologize for my lunacy! :-)

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n72714 said:
I guess I am going crazy, being confined to this chair. Think I'll go dig out those bottles of German liquor that have been aging for a moment like this. I apologize for my lunacy! :-)

Not crazy, just fustrated like we all are that the 24/7 news cycle and how people react in it.

G

gatorchamps0607

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its the Finebaum show, its not like anyone really listens to that show for real information. Quoting or mentioning his show is like journalist suicide, similar to citing a story from the National Enquirer.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
gatorchamps0607;n72728 said:
Its the Finebaum show, its not like anyone really listens to that show for real information. Quoting or mentioning his show is like journalist suicide, similar to citing a story from the National Enquirer.

It's on the SEC Network. One would think they would have higher standards. Guess not!

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
GIGator;n72670 said:
The more I thought about the guy that called the Finebaum, yesterday, alleging that the evidence against Treon was an "open and shut case" the angrier I got. The caller doesn't bother me as much as Finebaum allowing the call to be aired. They had not vetted the caller or the information; thus, making it no different than something you would see on the Jerry Springer show. I thought the SEC Network is suppose to be a professional sports network, not some Bamer back-woods call in show.

I am going to write ESPN/SEC Network and voice a complaint. I hope all of you will join me. Paul Finebaum owes Treon Harris, the University of Florida and Gator Nation an apology and he should have to make it on his show, after every commercial break, for a week.

Maybe I am overreacting; however, I believe we need to stand up for Treon and UF.

Here's a link to submit a complaint:

https://r.espn.go.com/members/contact/tvindex

Hello The Finger Banger show is Jerry Springer lite!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n72805 said:
It's on the SEC Network. One would think they would have higher standards. Guess not!

You nailed it! PFB show has a lot of listeners in SEC country, so ESPN hired him... it makes for good ratings for them and easy programming.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm looking into filing a class action against Finebaum. Who's gonna join me? We'll fix his red-neck pandering wagon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.