Gator Basketball Fire Mid-Major Mike - Conclusive Stats

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah they are going to set up a gracious exit for MW to either Ole Miss or Butler instead of outright firing him. All indications are that MW is as good as gone finally. Will we target the Nevada coach who just finished a 13-18 season? Go for the UCF coach? Chattanooga coach 27-7 this season? Murray State coach 30-2 this year? GWebb coach 18-13 this year? Davidson coach? A lot of great possibilities to go for even though each one probably comes with a certain gripe of two about them as usual. No surefire candidate that guarantees 24 wins a year and Final 4s every 4 years or so.

Last edited:

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Rumors of White wanting out are starting to gain. Here's another piece.

March sadness: 3 thoughts on Florida’s bubble bursting loss to Texas A&M in SEC Tournament

There are whispers, however, that White may be looking to make a graceful exit. Shaka Smart did this at Texas last offseason, jumping on a less high-profile, but still high-quality job, at Marquette. White may find a similar move, to say, a respected Big East program like Butler, equally appealing. Should the job open at his alma mater Ole Miss, perhaps there would be mutual interest.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah you can really certainly feel it now. You could see the writing on the wall especially after we lost to that 0-7 Texas Southern team. MW's demeanor on the sidelines really changed after that game as if he was told that he wasn't going to be retained after season's end. It has had a very Mullen like feel since them where you just already KNEW that he was going to be gone.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
What is most discouraging to me is that the team declined during the year. Sure some injuries happened but even before then we beat Ohio State and FSU early, anybody think we could do that again now? Not me.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even the local beat writer David Whitley is calling for an amicable change.

Florida basketball: It's time for UF and Coach Mike White to part ways

I read the article and once again, Whitley reverses his position and applies the logic we’ve applied for years that he used to mock and ridicule. He did the same thing with Mullen after mocking us over and over again.
It’s not about comparing White to Donovan, it’s about the fact that at least 6 SEC schools have passed us by during his tenure.

Should we call him a gidiot? Lunatic? Helmet head?

Nothing like totally compromised writers masquerading as journalists.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I read the article and once again, Whitley reverses his position and applies the logic we’ve applied for years that he used to mock and ridicule. He did the same thing with Mullen after mocking us over and over again.
It’s not about comparing White to Donovan, it’s about the fact that at least 6 SEC schools have passed us by during his tenure.

Should we call him a gidiot? Lunatic? Helmet head?

Nothing like totally compromised writers masquerading as journalists.

Nothing like totally compromised morons masquerading as wannabe AD's

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Because of his views and experience, I am CONVINCED that if @FireFoley was our basketball HC he would be successful here because he knows in game strategy like no one else. If he was our baseball coach and taught the fundamentals and in game scenarios that he knows we would have 2-3 more NCs than Sully has here.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's only a matter of time if the sun is allowed to write this.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Even the local beat writer David Whitley is calling for an amicable change.

Florida basketball: It's time for UF and Coach Mike White to part ways
Did someone say 'dead shark?'
img_3438-png.15181

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Go get Shaka at Marquette or Willard at Seton Hall

Wild card? Rick Pitino. Some power 5 will give him a shot this off season.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Why is Rick Pitino ostracized to a degree? Could he sullen our program more than Meaningless Mike.?
Let's begin a new UF dynamic. We need to change.
We need a basketball recruit or two that's good from the Wisconsin or Michigan or Virginia areas.
We also need an athletic near 7 footer that ain't skinny and a break-neck speedy ball handler.
But mostly a totally different coach.****

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Why is Rick Pitino ostracized to a degree? Could he sullen our program more than Meaningless Mike.?
Let's begin a new UF dynamic. We need to change.
We need a basketball recruit or two that's good from the Wisconsin or Michigan or Virginia areas.
We also need an athletic near 7 footer that ain't skinny and a break-neck speedy ball handler.
But mostly a totally different coach.****

No reason not to look at Pitino. After Wade and Pearl and NIL there is no moral high ground in the SEC or the NCAA.
Somewhere Al Davis is smiling. and saying I told you all a long time ago "Just Win Baby".

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No reason not to look at Pitino. After Wade and Pearl and NIL there is no moral high ground in the SEC or the NCAA.
Somewhere Al Davis is smiling. and saying I told you all a long time ago "Just Win Baby".

Agreed

I have always been a proponent of compliance and integrity but that was when the overarching culture of college athletics was to do things the right way.

Nothing has changed as far as doing the right thing , only the definition of the right thing has changed.
Acquire talent or sit it out.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Never thought of it before but what if UF has scouted Pitino & others and they shook us off.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator