Fire Nuss now - Spurrier would seriously consider OC job

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If there aren't any credit cards, there isn't credit card fraud. They used their student IDs to buy stuff and then sold it. That's not credit card fraud. Try to bring that before a jury and see how far it gets you.

They used debit cards underwritten by a bank.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So what was it Captain Clown?

I can't wait to hear this explanation. I'm guessing your legal career isn't going very far. I'm going to help you out by telling you the crime generally called credit card fraud is actually called fraud with respect to access devices, meaning bank account access devices. I sure hope you aren't relying on them being debit cards instead of credit cards.

I think I've read that impermissable use of credit cards equates to "wire fraud" which has been on the books long before CCs were "invented"?? = any use of electronic devices to misappropriate money.??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think I've read that impermissable use of credit cards equates to "wire fraud" which has been on the books long before CCs were "invented"?? = any use of electronic devices to misappropriate money.??
It can be though the attorneys usually charge it with the more specific charge for various reasons.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I love Spurrier. The man will always be the greatest Gator ever. Having said that, Spurrier should not be working as a coach at an SEC level.

Spurrier gave up the play calling duties at South Carolina before he quit coaching. It's a much more complex ability than most on here seem to realize. At 72 it's difficult to command the mental faculties and spend the required time and effort to be effective. Spurrier has frequently said that he didn't want to be the guy that didn't know when to quit and had to be fired. When he stepped down at South Carolina he knew he was no longer able to perform at a championship level.

Bowden coached till he was 80. He stayed 9 years too long and when they forced him out it was ugly. Beamer retired at 68 and he stayed 4 years too long. He had to be pushed out the door as well.

I'm glad Spurrier left with dignity and on his own terms. I would hate to see Spurrier as an assistant coach, no longer in charge, struggling on the sidelines as an old man. That would be the only memory of the Old Ball Coach the newer generation would have. It would taint his legacy for those that never actually saw his glory in the 90s.

I know some on this board think Spurrier can step onto the field and unleash the offensive genius he possessed as a much younger man. Fortunately, Spurrier has a sense of dignity and self awareness that has allowed him to maintain his reputation as one of the greatest ever and not be that sad old guy that didn't know when the game had passed him by.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I love Spurrier. The man will always be the greatest Gator ever. Having said that, Spurrier should not be working as a coach at an SEC level.

Spurrier gave up the play calling duties at South Carolina before he quit coaching. It's a much more complex ability than most on here seem to realize. At 72 it's difficult to command the mental faculties and spend the required time and effort to be effective. Spurrier has frequently said that he didn't want to be the guy that didn't know when to quit and had to be fired. When he stepped down at South Carolina he knew he was no longer able to perform at a championship level.

Bowden coached till he was 80. He stayed 9 years too long and when they forced him out it was ugly. Beamer retired at 68 and he stayed 4 years too long. He had to be pushed out the door as well.

I'm glad Spurrier left with dignity and on his own terms. I would hate to see Spurrier as an assistant coach, no longer in charge, struggling on the sidelines as an old man. That would be the only memory of the Old Ball Coach the newer generation would have. It would taint his legacy for those that never actually saw his glory in the 90s.

I know some on this board think Spurrier can step onto the field and unleash the offensive genius he possessed as a much younger man. Fortunately, Spurrier has a sense of dignity and self awareness that has allowed him to maintain his reputation as one of the greatest ever and not be that sad old guy that didn't know when the game had passed him by.

Seriously, dude, we could take Spurrier after a stroke and do better than the current OC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, dude, we could take Spurrier after a stroke and do better than the current OC.
And yet, this is an I agree with 2222 kinda deal, you know what I mean?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's obvious Mac hasn't asked for his input while in the same building with him. If he has, he sure as hell hasn't listened.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Now get back to telling us about SOS.
First Gator game I ever attended was at UK in 1999. My brother was getting recruited by them so we did an unofficial when UF was visiting. At some point during the 2nd quarter, SOS was jumping up and down SCREAMING for a timeout before a play, but that was before the coach could call timeout. Doug Johnson doesn't notice, and starts the play. He then hits Darrell Jackson in stride for a 35ish yard touchdown. SOS just stood there sheepishly and shrugged. :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Doug Johnson would have been the best QB of this decade if he had played in the 2010s. Think about that.

Honestly, I think Doug could suit up on Saturday, cold, probably drunk, and be our best option.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It's unfortunate that having SOS so close opens Mac/Nuss up to these awful rumors. This is the year. You guys will be wanting Nuss to not take all those head coaching jobs, watch.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Let's compromise and settle for Spurrier giving ole Nuts the Vulcan Mind Meld...

172ecb03b2e4716276345d0cdeb65165.jpg

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Doug Johnson would have been the best QB of this decade if he had played in the 2010s. Think about that.

Honestly, I think Doug could suit up on Saturday, cold, probably drunk, and be our best option.
yep, pretty sad eh?

unless....he busted his knuckles beating up some guy with his boys

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Let me just say that I'm truly baffled by the majority of your replies. Whether pumper or dumper, I think everyone here agrees that nuss sucks. No matter how far-fetched it would be for SOS to take over as OC, I thought for sure y'all would embrace the moment, whether as pure fantasy or remote possibility, to provide some better humor. I'm disappointed in all of you. Not that it's the first time that's happened...

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
It's obvious Mac hasn't asked for his input while in the same building with him. If he has, he sure as hell hasn't listened.

When the offensive philosophy is so different it would be a waste of time, one believed in an attacking offense that made the defense react, the other wants an offense the runs the ball, runs the clock and protects the D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.