Gator Basketball ***Florida at UK BBALL Official Game Thread***

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Watcging tghe replay. NIne minutes to go after a tie bal. WIth 6 seconds Castle drives on their big. Big fouls the shttt out of him but he makes the shot. Just one of many body fouls they get away with. If it was in Gville we whip their ass. Its not enough UK has 3 times the talent but gets pREFerental treatment . Fck the refs and Rupture arena. But our three pt shooting (or lack of) is our biggest problem Im telling you when Gold gets a few players and two that can shoot an average three pointer its gonna be fun to watch, UK's point gaurd beat us and letting their big camp out in the lane the last 3 minutes..........fck the refs...... castle almost beat them by hmself and completey intimidated their big fella. Give him one big to help and one three pt shooter and we are a REAL tournament team.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Watcging tghe replay. NIne minutes to go after a tie bal. WIth 6 seconds Castle drives on their big. Big fouls the shttt out of him but he makes the shot. Just one of many body fouls they get away with. If it was in Gville we whip their ass. Its not enough UK has 3 times the talent but gets pREFerental treatment . Fck the refs and Rupture arena. But our three pt shooting (or lack of) is our biggest problem Im telling you when Gold gets a few players and two that can shoot an average three pointer its gonna be fun to watch, UK's point gaurd beat us and letting their big camp out in the lane the last 3 minutes..........fck the refs...... castle almost beat them by hmself and completey intimidated their big fella. Give him one big to help and one three pt shooter and we are a REAL tournament team.
yes, its always the refs or some other external issue. its never us. weez da bomb, always.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I did say it was us. Cant shoot the three and little help inside for Castle. I guess Golden shoulda corrected all of this in his short stay at uf. Even a neophyte like yourself can see he is coaching his asss off with these guys........ I usually give the refs a break but on this night Rupture arena allowed them to play even more physical than Ive seen much this year........and I have seen really physical play in the SEC this year.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I did say it was us. Cant shoot the three and little help inside for Castle. I guess Golden shoulda corrected all of this in his short stay at uf. Even a neophyte like yourself can see he is coaching his asss off with these guys........ I usually give the refs a break but on this night Rupture arena allowed them to play even more physical than Ive seen much this year........and I have seen really physical play in the SEC this year.
Look at corch with the big words! Speaking of words, i saw a couple about our shooting and a dissertation on the refs, which is the norm. Nobody excuses poor performance like old corch. Now you want to bring up TG and frame the convo as if i claimed he isnt doing a good job. Maybe you should review the bball threads to find out my stance. It would probably shock a troglodyte like you. Touche`

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I will say I don't think we're poorly coached. I don't think we're that talented. We've got some young guys that I think can grow into really good players. But what we lack right now is a guard that can attack the basket and and create a shot.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I will say I don't think we're poorly coached. I don't think we're that talented. We've got some young guys that I think can grow into really good players. But what we lack right now is a guard that can attack the basket and and create a shot.
ltraz will be along shortly to lecture you on how the whole time is first round picks :heehee:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This team has grit. They are for sure deficit in the talent area, but have more grit than most teams. I hope this is a sign of things to come for Golden. Under White the team had zero grit and would just melt away.

Tough game at Bama coming up.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
I gave up caring during the Mike White era years ago. Despite the loss to Kentucky, I'm still on board this year and looking forward to the Bama game and seeing if we can sneak into the tournament.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Only problem with that is the two guards TG brought in aren’t that guy (at least not yet for Bonham)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Only problem with that is the two guards TG brought in aren’t that guy (at least not yet for Bonham)
I like Lofton. He's a solid ball handler, takes care of the ball plays good D, I wouldn't say he's a great play maker but a good distributor and can shoot just good enough that you can't go under screens. If we had someone like a kavaughn allen on this squad we'd be a top10-15 type of team. Bonham wasn't a good take imo. How golden recruits is going to be what I watch because I think he's a decent coach. The question is can he get players?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I like Lofton. He's a solid ball handler, takes care of the ball plays good D, I wouldn't say he's a great play maker but a good distributor and can shoot just good enough that you can't go under screens. If we had someone like a kavaughn allen on this squad we'd be a top10-15 type of team. Bonham wasn't a good take imo. How golden recruits is going to be what I watch because I think he's a decent coach. The question is can he get players?

Reeves is supposed to be our Kevaughn :(

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Reeves is supposed to be our Kevaughn :(
I tried to tell some of the folks here he was closer to DeAndre Ballard than Vince Carter when we signed him. His tape showed nothing outside of shooting that translates. That being said , he is long and athletic and can shoot. If he could learn to play within his abilities, he could end up being a good player.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I tried to tell some of the folks here he was closer to DeAndre Ballard than Vince Carter when we signed him. His tape showed nothing outside of shooting that translates. That being said , he is long and athletic and can shoot. If he could learn to play within his abilities, he could end up being a good player.

Well he’s the bad combination of poor shooting with a high volume. Dude is pressing and isn’t letting the game come to him. If we had Reeves of last season it’d be big for this team

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well he’s the bad combination of poor shooting with a high volume. Dude is pressing and isn’t letting the game come to him. If we had Reeves of last season it’d be big for this team
He's definitely pressing. Trying to prove himself every time he steps on the court. Maybe the coaches are telling him they need him to be a scorer? Idk. But he didn't start playing halfway decent till the end of the season last year. Hopefully that's the case this year

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.