Florida beat Miami. Are we allowed to enjoy it?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’m done arguing with many in here....it’s as meaningful as the political arguments. Case in point is we won and everyone still attacks our players and hates on kids. If you think this doesn’t affect them and adversely affect our team you’re delusional!

He opens himself up for criticism. His play, outside his 4Q pick, wasn’t atrocious. Him running around talking trash to the Miami fans instead of focusing on fixing his mistakes and encouraging his teammates was atrocious. The players can defend them all they want - they and he are wrong and he needs to stop acting like a child and start fully dedicating himself to helping his team.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Shuler Gang (@BuenosDias99) tweeted at 2:44 PM on Sun, Aug 25, 2019:
Players sure as hell look happy, why can’t out fan base do the same
()

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Shuler Gang (@BuenosDias99) tweeted at 2:44 PM on Sun, Aug 25, 2019:
Players sure as hell look happy, why can’t out fan base do the same
()

Of course they’re happy - they won! I’m happy they won too. I bet they are less happy today when they get stomped by the coaches in film review. “Relieved” probably describes today’s feelings.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Franks punting the football into the stands at the end of the game was not necessary. IMHO only.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Several comments about the refs are certainly understandable, but it wasn't the "2003 Swindle". Sometimes a team needs to beat the refs too. Although we had our hands full with the Gators. 4 turnovers with 2 interceptions in the fourth quarter, 50 yards total rushing, 54 total plays, abhorrent TOP, and 100 yards in penalties including one on a 4th and 30 something. But 11 sacks saved the day. Franks didn't show consistent poise or the accuracy we were expecting nor did he live up to the hype; the one positive we can take away from our QB was that he never gave up even as he screwed up. As Mullen put it; we still have some work to do.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe if the win in Atlanta was over an SEC West foe and not a depleted Michigan team, no one would bat an eye over Franks mugging for the sideline cameras during a messy week 1 win over Miami.

There's this thing called earning your stripes. He would do well to take note.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Think about that. How many times have you seen that sentence. "Florida beat Miami." .
You should be more concerned about Kintucky beating Florida, because that's what's going to happen if this coach keeps calling a game like he does and these kids keep playing like this.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly. Not sure what he's been doing since Jan. QB play is an abomination, we ran for 52 yards and recruiting is Mac level. Other than that, he's doing great.
Three Star U.

Three Star Whisperer

And stuff.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You should be more concerned about Kintucky beat Florida, because that's what's going to happen if this coach keeps calling a game like he does and these kids keep playing like this.
Teams that are good at stopping the run are going to give us fits. If Kentucky's front four is as good as a year ago, we'll struggle to move the ball.

Unless of course Mullen reaches deep into his bag of tricks like he did last night with four minutes remaining.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Teams that are good at stopping the run are going to give us fits. If Kentucky's front four is as good as a year ago, we'll struggle to move the ball.

Unless of course Mullen reaches deep into his bag of tricks like he did last night with four minutes remaining.
waiting until halfway through the fourth quarter to do anything other than options and halfbacks screens is hardly reaching into a bag of tricks.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
waiting until halfway through the fourth quarter to do anything other than options and halfbacks screens is hardly reaching into a bag of tricks.
Trying not to reveal anything sensitive ahead of UT Martin.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Trying not to reveal anything sensitive ahead of UT Martin.
I'm not in a good mood man. the truth is I bought into this maybe he's changed or maybe it was CUM who is ultraconservative and played scared, but he is who he is.

his game planning and play calling is garbage and his recruiting will have a struggling to finish third or fourth in the SEC East.

but we knew we weren't getting a champion when we hired this guy, at least anyone who objectively looked at his resume.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not in a good mood man. the truth is I bought into this maybe he's changed or maybe it was CUM who is ultraconservative and played scared, but he is who he is.

his game planning and play calling is garbage and his recruiting will have a struggling to finish third or fourth in the SEC East.

but we knew we weren't getting a champion when we hired this guy, at least anyone who objectively looked at his resume.
This offense won't be optimized by a guy who's only forte is slinging it 40 yards downfield to a streaking receiver. He had people open last night and locked in on the wrong guy.

That's not to suggest Mullen called a good game. He didn't. But his quarterback didn't help him out, nor did his offensive line.

I expected more out of the gate. Stupid me. I drank the Koolaid after Michigan. We're not much different than the team that struggled in November.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I expected more out of the gate. Stupid me. I drank the Koolaid after Michigan. We're not much different than the team that struggled in November.
#metoo.

I hate being a bandwagon fan but I bought it hook line and sinker.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Here are Nick Smith’s comments about Ventrell Miller,

NS: Refer to my tweet last night to know if I saw Ventrell Miller. The answer is: YES! If you didn’t see Miller, it’s probably because he was a blur showing off his sideline-to-sideline capability as a money ’backer in Grantham’s 3-4 scheme. He was great in the box, solid in coverage and is contributing as an X-factor when blitzing from his primary position. I believe he can — and will — go down as a Gator great.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

That was Mullen scared? Lol you’re ridiculous. In some ways, he was too aggressive last night. Dude was going for 4th downs on our side of the field in the 1Q. In some ways, it was like he was trying too hard to push the envelope when he just needed to take what the defense was giving. Like @ltraz said, mix in some WR screens instead of shots down field. Maybe slap Franks in the head and tell him to keep the damn ball on a read option, especially if the defense has quit respecting the QBs run.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That was Mullen scared? Lol you’re ridiculous. In some ways, he was too aggressive last night. Dude was going for 4th downs on our side of the field in the 1Q. In some ways, it was like he was trying too hard to push the envelope when he just needed to take what the defense was giving. Like @ltraz said, mix in some WR screens instead of shots down field. Maybe slap Franks in the head and tell him to keep the damn ball on a read option, especially if the defense has quit respecting the QBs run.
Going for it on fourth down after you got stuffed on the run on first and second down isn't necessarily the definition of aggressive.

Just saying. Mullen called a very Plain Jane game. The first half was both teams feeling each other out.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I really didn't get Mullen's stubborn mindset last night. Why didn't he attack them through the air to begin with, THEN establish the run? Everyone knew what they were going to key on.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That was Mullen scared? Lol you’re ridiculous. In some ways, he was too aggressive last night. .
:lmao2:

Too stupidly aggressive at inane times. Zooklike aggressive. Retarded aggressiveness on fourth and long after wasting every first and second down on a 1-yard option run. then throwing half back dump pass on third-and-long for 2 yards.

after three and a half quarters of the same Notre Dame offense he rolls out 90% of the time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.