Florida beat Miami. Are we allowed to enjoy it?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I really didn't get Mullen's stubborn mindset last night. Why didn't he attack them through the air to begin with, THEN establish the run?
because he will never do that,he can't do that, that's not the way Notre Dame does it.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Going for it on fourth down after you got stuffed on the run on first and second down isn't necessarily the definition of aggressive.

Just saying. Mullen called a very Plain Jane game. The first half was both teams feeling each other out.
I don’t know man. There were certainly some vanilla calls but they were far outweighed by the aggressive decision making. That pick in the fourth was Mullen trying to go deep when he needed to run out the clock. Trying to be like Spurrier and go for the kill. Hyper aggressive.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
:lmao2:

Too stupidly aggressive at inane times. Zooklike aggressive. Retarded aggressiveness on fourth and long after wasting every first and second down on a 1-yard option run. then throwing a half back pass on third-and-long for 2 yards.

after three and a half quarters of the same Notre Dame offense he rolls out 90% of the time.
Exactly. At least we can agree on that!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know man. There were certainly some vanilla calls but they were far outweighed by the aggressive decision making. That pick in the fourth was Mullen trying to go deep when he needed to run out the clock. Trying to be like Spurrier and go for the kill. Hyper aggressive.
Based on SOS' non-verbal in the booth, I'm not sure even he agreed. It's not like DM had a competent medium-range passer to count on. Just a weird call at a weird time.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
I'm not in a good mood man. the truth is I bought into this maybe he's changed or maybe it was CUM who is ultraconservative and played scared, but he is who he is.

his game planning and play calling is garbage and his recruiting will have a struggling to finish third or fourth in the SEC East.

but we knew we weren't getting a champion when we hired this guy, at least anyone who objectively looked at his resume.
A coaches play sheet is dramatically reduced if his confidence in players execution is lacking. Until we have a QB that is focused, understands the situation and can execute while being a leader we will never know.

There is a story out there that Danny would sit in a dark room with all the skill players and SOS would call out plays/audibles. Each players had to talk out out their assignments. Execution created three times over and over. In the mind, in practice and on the field. We were spoiled.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Based on SOS' non-verbal in the booth, I'm not sure even he agreed. It's not like DM had a competent medium-range passer to count on. Just a weird call at a weird time.
It was a bad call, plain and simple. Spurrier was likely reacting to Franks throwing it to a place devoid of Florida players and crowded with Miami ones.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
A coaches play sheet is dramatically reduced if his confidence in players execution is lacking. Until we have a QB that is focused, understands the situation and can execute while being a leader we will never know.

There is a story out there that Danny would sit in a dark room with all the skill players and SOS would call out plays/audibles. Each players had to talk out out their assignments. Execution created three times over and over. In the mind, in practice and on the field. We were spoiled.
Don’t worry about Franks focus! He was plenty focused on taunting the Miami fans in the crowd instead of trying to learn from his mistakes. Maybe Johnson should be on the sideline and Franks should be required to sit by him the whole time. He’s too immature to trust on his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator