Florida Gators Mock Class 1.0

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
. . . according to 247 Sports, May 31st, 8 months out.

http://florida.247sports.com/Gallery/Florida-Gators-Mock-Class-10-52972203

OL William Barnes
The Gators lead for this talented in-state lineman, and likely secure his commitment eventually.

OL Richard Gouraige
This is another in-state offensive tackle that has the Gators on top. All signs point to him eventually picking UF.

OL Ed Montilus
This Orlando offensive tackle is now a priority for Florida. There is a good chance the Gators secure his pledge.

OL John Campbell
This is a Florida-Miami battle currently. For now, we will say the Gators win this in-state tussle.

TE Jalen Goss
Florida already has a commitment from the big 6-foot-5, 250-pound in-line tight end.

TE Bralen Taylor
Florida is very much in the mix for this Texas product. We say this is Florida’s latest get from the Lone Star State.

WR Jalynn Williams
This was Florida’s first commitment in the 2018 class.

WR Corey Gammage
The Gators already have a pledge from this productive receiver.

WR Jacob Copeland
Florida has constantly been at the top of this in-state receiver’s list. In the end, we expect him to pick the Gators.

WR Anthony Schwartz
Florida currently leads for this speedster that wants to play football and run track in college. The combination of elite programs in both sports likely gets him to pick UF.

RB Iverson Clement
This New Jersey product is already committed to Florida and recruiting for the Gators.

RB Dameon Pierce
The Gators are in the mix for this former Alabama pledge. We say this is the second back UF lands.

QB Justin Fields
Not many see this 5-star sticking with his current Penn State commitment. We are forecasting the top overall target on Florida’s board to pick the Gators, but Auburn, Florida State, and Georgia are all pressing as well.

DB Divaad Wilson
This competitive cornerback is already committed to the Gators.

DB C.J. Smith
Shortly after receiving his offer, this safety picked UF.

DB Amari Burney
Most see this in-state prospect picking the Gators soon. (Edit: committed to the Gators June 1st)

DB Tyreke Johnson
Ultimately, UF cannot let this in-state All-American go to rival UGA, so the Gators eventually press and secure his pledge.

LB K’Vaughan Pope
Florida is perhaps the leader for this four-star backer, even though Ohio State is starting to press as well.

LB Xavier Peters
An offer from UF was enough for this four-star to set up an official visit to Gainesville. We like the Gators’ chances at securing this pledge currently.

DL Judge Culpepper
It’s hard to pick against the Gators for this in-state legacy.

DL Malcolm Lamar
This in-state prospect grew up a Gators fan and UF currently leads. Eventually, we see him committing to Florida.

DL Taylor Upshaw
An in-state prospect that recently landed an offer from UF. We believe the Gators can land his commitment.

K Connor Davis
Florida likely needs a kicker in this class, and this Gators legacy from down the road seems to be the most likely option.

The 247Sports Class Calculator totals this mock class to 276.91 points. That would have been good enough for the nation's No. 8 class in 2017, the nation's No. 9 class in 2016, and the nation's No. 10 class in 2015.

Last edited:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So 13 offensive players and 9 defensive with numbers low at DL and LB. Anyone else noticing a pattern?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is also posted in the recruiting thread, and discussed.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So 13 offensive players and 9 defensive with numbers low at DL and LB. Anyone else noticing a pattern?

Agree the DL numbers are weak. We put an emphasis on DB recruiting, and I get it....but DL is just as, or more important!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Agree the DL numbers are weak. We put an emphasis on DB recruiting, and I get it....but DL is just as, or more important!

I think we are going to pay the price on the D line by mid-season. We have some talented ends but we are going to have a hard time slowing a good rushing team down.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think we are going to pay the price on the D line by mid-season. We have some talented ends but we are going to have a hard time slowing a good rushing team down.

Could be. But if Slaton can just clog the middle....with his 350lbs, that will help. We have 2 decent starting DTs, they won't make All-SEC but they are solid. Both are juniors and are ready to step up. After that?? Who knows? We do have enough bodies, but if either of the starters get injured we could be in trouble. I hope those freshman are ready. I really like Conliffe.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sorry, BMF. Didn't see it.

No worries, just pointing it out. Your post goes into a lot more detail (with the comments after each recruit)....plus it's something we can discuss separately in this slow time of the year....

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There's more than a few DLs and OLs on the dream list :faint:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If we could actually land a stud QB like Fields is suppose to be, I think I can live with the low numbers in other areas. I would like to see more balance across the board, but give me that QB and I'll live with the rest.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Kyree Campbell Will be starting by midseason

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think Kyree Campbell Will be starting by midseason

J, if that's the case we're in big trouble. Barring injuries, I see no way in hell he beats out Clark or Bryan. In fact, I see him being 5th, 6th or 7th in the rotation.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
J, if that's the case we're in big trouble. Barring injuries, I see no way in hell he beats out Clark or Bryan. In fact, I see him being 5th, 6th or 7th in the rotation.

I think we are in deep crap. Clark was rated a 5 star until his weight became his nemesis and he was downgraded to a 4 star in the last rankings. Those same problems as well as staying motivated have continued to plague him.

As far as Bryan is concerned has there ever been more hype for a 2 star in the history of our program? Production just does not match the hype. I think he got his third star in the final rankings mainly because he was recruited by Chump.

Campbell is not a freshman. He was originally signed by North Carolina and sat out a year. He was the 8th ranked player out of North Carolina. We've had some really good luck with kids from NC.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we are in deep crap. Clark was rated a 5 star until his weight became his nemesis and he was downgraded to a 4 star in the last rankings. Those same problems as well as staying motivated have continued to plague him.

As far as Bryan is concerned has there ever been more hype for a 2 star in the history of our program? Production just does not match the hype. I think he got his third star in the final rankings mainly because he was recruited by Chump.

Campbell is not a freshman. He was originally signed by North Carolina and sat out a year. He was the 8th ranked player out of North Carolina. We've had some really good luck with kids from NC.
I don't see him as a starter either, but you are right that he should be more physically ready. Besides, who did Meyer have on those lines? Lawrence Marsh ring a bell. Don't need stars. You need physically ready guys willing to scrap. So he has a shot.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wtf do we not not recruit dlinemen anymore? How do some of you guys still believe in mac?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Wtf do we not not recruit dlinemen anymore? How do some of you guys still believe in mac?
We've landed 3 true DT'S in 3 years and they'll all be true freshman. Looks like Mac/Rumph is trying to duplicate chumps recruiting strategy upfront except they are doing so at DT. If that's the only guys we land on the DL we're screwed!

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Hard to believe that Fields would opt for UF against Auburn or FSU.
All one had to do is compare Jimbo's success with Ponder, Manuel, Winston & Francois
against Mac's list of nobodies and cast offs. Yeah, I know. He needs time. That's what they said about
Zook and Muschamp.
The 2018 class will be shaped by the success or failure of the 2017 team. Given the fact
that the last 2 SECEast crowns were won in most part with the defense left from the Muschamp
Regime, 2017 is going to be a challenge. Wins against Georgia and FSU are a must.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.