Florida @ Kansas

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;126234 said:
You think they were tired? They haven't played in what a week and it's not like they were running into the ground. No one fouled out. It had nothing to do with not having enough players IMO. They don't have anyone who can pull them together when things get tough. 3-4 and just missed their best chance for a signature OOC win. Seriously, this is the most under-performing team in a long long time when you look at talent, size, ballhandling, etc.

I think it's a combination of available players and not having a consistent scoring threat. Walker had been a huge disappointment offensively. And Hill has had a rough Sophomore slump. But I don't think it's an issue with effort or "heart". More with offensive talent and depth.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
60% of the time Hill sprints into the lane he turns it over every time. It's fact, and it needs to be corrected.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
This team can be pretty good. Shots fall and they can beat most teams because they know how to move the ball and penetrate and when they work at it they can play defense. They need more confidence and everyone healthy and playing. I swear they can have almost a 10 player rotation if they all get back.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
GatorBart;n126452 said:
Tough lesson for the boys last night and a tough second half for us fans (I unfortunately missed the first half). KU shot 22 more free throws than us and we only lost by 6. We out shot them percentage-wise in all categories and doubled their assist total. The only areas they beat us was rebounding (we need Murph2), fouls (home cookin?),and of course, the final score. We played tough against a top tier team at their place, where they've only lost 9 times in like 10 years. I think our guys can get it going once everybody gets healthy (need Eli), get Murph2, and get a little more chemistry.
I get trying to be positive but we didn't play tough, at all. We took a 15 point lead into half (should have been more actually) and played like a Junior college team in the second half giving up like a 25-4 run Bad defense, terrible passing, terrible shot selection, zero leadership.

It's too bad you missed the first half because it was by far the best half we have played and showed top 5 talent. Unfortunately they aren't much of a team right now, just a bunch of talented individuals. And since we don't know who will be on the team next year I wouldn't be so sure that is our year. This shouldn't be a throw-away year because this team has a lot more talent than was left after the 04's left.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n126726 said:
I get trying to be positive but we didn't play tough, at all. We took a 15 point lead into half (should have been more actually) and played like a Junior college team in the second half giving up like a 25-4 run Bad defense, terrible passing, terrible shot selection, zero leadership.

It's too bad you missed the first half because it was by far the best half we have played and showed top 5 talent. Unfortunately they aren't much of a team right now, just a bunch of talented individuals. And since we don't know who will be on the team next year I wouldn't be so sure that is our year. This shouldn't be a throw-away year because this team has a lot more talent than was left after the 04's left.

They're young and haven't played much together; they're learning, the hard way. Give them time, they'll toughen up and start winning some ball games. It was a brutal first seven to start the year and we were never a full squad or healthy. In fact, Billy's probably secretly liking this so his guys now know what it's going to take (a lot more effort and execution) to get it done. I'm obviously optimistic that they'll get there. There will be more frustrations ahead, no doubt, but I think things will improve with time.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
UConn is our last chance to get any decent OOC win. If we lose that one it will probably take 11-7 in the SEC to make the tourney.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.