Florida-LSU stat comparison

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We're screwed!!!!!! :stickpoke:

In most area's we are very similar statistically but most everyone thinks we haven't reached our potential yet.............. By contrast, most pundits think LSPhew is a case of "what you see is what you get".

If we can put everything together for most of the game, we might blow these corn-dog eaters out out of our Swamp!

Or not.... :dunno:

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure all these stats will tell the whole story. UF is up and I feel improving, LSU not so much. To date the only ranked team LSUck played was Toothless and got waxed. Feel we are more battle ready if you want to call it that. Listening to the LSU media, they're are not feeling well about this game. As one put it after referring to Napier/Kelly, "if UF wins this game there will be pitchforks waiting back in Baton Rouge". They really having buyers remorse over Kelly.

Pressure solely on LSU, and their media says this is a MUST win for them. I feel better about UF's chances as we get closer.

One statistical point not on the list, "Thrown Cleats per game".

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
shoe throwing GIF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Always thought this was a perfect snapshot of Iraq. Not only does he miss an easy throw, but after days of knowing this was the plan he doesn’t map out having both shows ready at the same time, forcing the second throw to be under duress. Just piss poor strategy. This is why you’re Iraq.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure all these stats will tell the whole story. UF is up and I feel improving, LSU not so much. To date the only ranked team LSUck played was Toothless and got waxed. Feel we are more battle ready if you want to call it that. Listening to the LSU media, they're are not feeling well about this game. As one put it after referring to Napier/Kelly, "if UF wins this game there will be pitchforks waiting back in Baton Rouge". They really having buyers remorse over Kelly.

Pressure solely on LSU, and their media says this is a MUST win for them. I feel better about UF's chances as we get closer.

I agree. We scored 5 touchdowns against UT in Knoxville, and they scored 1 touchdown against them in Baton Rouge. Also, they gave up more points against UT than we did. I'm not saying this proves we are going to win, but stats alone don't always give a clear picture. This game will come down to which team is more prepared and better disciplined. Based on the culture of both programs right now, I like our chances.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

I tend to agree both with the stats not telling the whole story and the teams trending different directions at this point. I think UF's had a tougher schedule up to this point which explains some of the stat disparity.

The one LSU stat that really stood out to me was the penalties. They are averaging almost 115 penalty yards a game.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I tend to agree both with the stats not telling the whole story and the teams trending different directions at this point. I think UF's had a tougher schedule up to this point which explains some of the stat disparity.

The one LSU stat that really stood out to me was the penalties. They are averaging almost 115 penalty yards a game.

The biggest fly in the ointment right now for me is their game against MissSt. It’s also a great example of why some of those air-raid or bust systems don’t win titles because they’ll have at least 1-2 “off” games, but that’s a separate discussion. That Msu team is pretty solid and they lost by multiple scores. Everything else has made sense for Lsu, even including the opener against fsu. That Msu game doesn’t and gives me some concern.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I actually thought his shoe throwing was fairly impressive. If W doesn't do an athletic quick duck, he takes the first one in the forehead. And the single motion removal and compact windup and throw on the second one while still delivering with accuracy wasn't bad either. I'm not saying Marco Wilson skill level, but not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator