Florida offers Temple DT commit

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Looks like the ole "Rumph Shaker" is shi**ing the bed yet again :facepalm:

The Florida Gators added a new name to their defensive tackle board on Monday when they extended an offer to Philadelphia (PA) Neumann Goretti defensive tackle Christian Barmore. The Pennsylvania native Temple Owls commit shared his latest offer through his Twitter account.

The 6-foot-5, 290-pounder committed to the hometown Temple Owls back in June but has still continued to land much bigger offers, with the likes of Maryland, Oregon, Rutgers, Georgia, and Baylor all offering after his commitment date.

The Gators have a few named remaining on their defensive tackle board, with the top targets likely being Nesta Silvera, Coynis Miller, andRick Sandidge. However, all three of those prospects seem to be trending away from the Gators at this time.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Barmore as the No. 102 defensive tackle in the 2018 recruiting class.

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Florida-Gators-have-extended-an-offer-to-a-new-DT--108406412

If we end up with less than 2 top tier DT's in this class Rumph needs to catch the first bus out of town the day after signing day!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Offer...is it a commitable(sp) offer?

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
Zuniga wasn't the highly rated and he is a pretty good DE. I agree you can't live off of guys like this but nothing wrong with taking a flier on someone as long as we land our big names at the DT position.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The only positive I could say is I'd rather have a 300 pound 2 star at DT than the 260-275 pound guys we've had in the rotation like Ancrum for example. The recruiting needs to pick up in this area. You don't win titles of any kind with crap in the trenches.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Zuniga wasn't the highly rated and he is a pretty good DE. I agree you can't live off of guys like this but nothing wrong with taking a flier on someone as long as we land our big names at the DT position.

I agree that taking a flyer isn't bad, we should have done this 2 years ago when we whiffed at DT. This kid is big, and if he's being recruited as a DT it means he's quick. So worse case, he ends up on the OL.

But on that note, this is recruiting class #4. Why are we not landing at least 2 solid DT's/year? Also there are DT's in our own state ranked higher than #102 - that have offers from the FAU's, FIU's etc. Why go out of state, that far away, to pull a kid when we have those types in our own state? I'd be surprised if this kid flips to us.

The only positive I could say is I'd rather have a 300 pound 2 star at DT than the 260-275 pound guys we've had in the rotation like Ancrum for example. The recruiting needs to pick up in this area. You don't win titles of any kind with crap in the trenches.

Agree. I still cringe when I see Ancrum on the field. The fact he can't gain weight is unbelievable. New S&C staff anyone??

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agree. I still cringe when I see Ancrum on the field. The fact he can't gain weight is unbelievable. New S&C staff anyone??

He was 230 pounds when he got here. I don't think that has anything to do with S&C. That has to do with evaluation.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
That's why we're offering this kid...we've missed on everyone so far.

Nesta looks like he's going to stick with Miami.
Miller is trolling like Mack Wilson.
Stills decided to stay in West Virginia.
So...that was everyone rumph put a priority on and that's the problem! Dude should be on at least 10-12 DT's each cycle but it looks like his lazy ass doesn't want to put in that kind of work!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Didn't we do pretty well at DT with the current crop of freshman? Campbell, Slaton, Conliffe?
Yes...they're going to be really good for us! My point is...landing 3 DT's in 3 yrs isn't a recipe for success in the SEC. We need at least 2 top tier DT'S in every cycle and we've only been able to reel in half of that so far.

Sep 29, 2015
Yes...they're going to be really good for us! My point is...landing 3 DT's in 3 yrs isn't a recipe for success in the SEC. We need at least 2 top tier DT'S in every cycle and we've only been able to reel in half of that so far.

I agree, but they show that the guy is capable of pulling in a number of highly regarded DT's in a single cycle. So was he not lazy last year and fell back to bad habits this year, or is it something else?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I agree, but they show that the guy is capable of pulling in a number of highly regarded DT's in a single cycle. So was he not lazy last year and fell back to bad habits this year, or is it something else?
Dude He's been missing on kids because he's not recruiting them hard enough. Where other coaches are calling/texting everyday he's doing it once a week. Where other DL coaches are going to multiple games to watch a recruit he MAY show up once. It's things like this that has been killing us and it's because of his piss poor efforts.

Btw...he missed on bringing in ANY DT'S the first 2 yrs he was here. That should never happen...NEVER!

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
That's why we're offering this kid...we've missed on everyone so far.

Nesta looks like he's going to stick with Miami.
Miller is trolling like Mack Wilson.
Stills decided to stay in West Virginia.
So...that was everyone rumph put a priority on and that's the problem! Dude should be on at least 10-12 DT's each cycle but it looks like his lazy ass doesn't want to put in that kind of work!

Damn didn't know that. Still time but I sure don't like hearing this.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Looks like the ole "Rumph Shaker" is shi**ing the bed yet again :facepalm:

The Florida Gators added a new name to their defensive tackle board on Monday when they extended an offer to Philadelphia (PA) Neumann Goretti defensive tackle Christian Barmore. The Pennsylvania native Temple Owls commit shared his latest offer through his Twitter account.

The 6-foot-5, 290-pounder committed to the hometown Temple Owls back in June but has still continued to land much bigger offers, with the likes of Maryland, Oregon, Rutgers, Georgia, and Baylor all offering after his commitment date.

The Gators have a few named remaining on their defensive tackle board, with the top targets likely being Nesta Silvera, Coynis Miller, andRick Sandidge. However, all three of those prospects seem to be trending away from the Gators at this time.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Barmore as the No. 102 defensive tackle in the 2018 recruiting class.

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Florida-Gators-have-extended-an-offer-to-a-new-DT--108406412

If we end up with less than 2 top tier DT's in this class Rumph needs to catch the first bus out of town the day after signing day!

Didn’t we “steal” a Temple QB commit from them 6-7 years ago? Can somebody confirm for me and remind me how that worked out for us? :(

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Didn’t we “steal” a Temple QB commit from them 6-7 years ago? Can somebody confirm for me and remind me how that worked out for us? :(

Kid became a starting QB for the Mighty Florida Gators!!! (and then played a little WR in the NFL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator