Florida offers Temple DT commit

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Kid became a starting QB for the Mighty Florida Gators!!! (and then played a little WR in the NFL)

Shoot, we should do like Notre Dame and Rudy, and make a movie out of it. Maybe our guy can further imitate the original Rudy by participating in some stock fraud pump and dump scams and eff people out of their hard earned cash. :lmao2:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Did Georgia really offer him or is that BS.

Exactly, the poster could have entitle this UF and UGa offer Temple defensive tackle commitment and then still complained about the staff not getting their first choices in the body of his post. That would be more legit, unless somehow the poster knows UGa did not really offer this guy.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kid has an offer from uga and Oregon.... maybe he's better than advertised and one of those kids that hasn't camped to get the extra recognition.?. IDK... just hoping maybe that's the case... who the heck knows with this staff?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kid has an offer from uga and Oregon....
No he doesnt. He has a "we may give you an offer" from Ugly or Oregon.

We used to be better than this. We took players from ND, OSU, Meatchiken, LSU etc. Now we take kids from Indiana and Temple.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
No he doesnt. He has a "we may give you an offer" from Ugly or Oregon.

We used to be better than this. We took players from ND, OSU, Meatchiken, LSU etc. Now we take kids from Indiana and Temple.

I am not sure how you know his reported offers from UGa or Oregon are less commitable than his reported offer from UF.

Also you might want to check out some tape on this guy before you jump to your conclusion:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In those videos, there are more people on the team "benches" than in the stands.?? even with big city expressways passing by??

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Always said that recruiting makes the difference between elite programs and the wannabes. Mac's success over the first two years rested mainly on the D, which were mostly holdovers from Muschamp. This year, we have seen a tremendous drop-off in D performance with Mac's recruits on the field. Not sure many top athletes want to play for a guy who, given a paper hat,. would look more like a popcorn salesman than a HBC. On the other hand, 2-star prospects might feel right at home.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I wish they made this kind of effort to find a Plan B DT two years ago. That kid would be a true sophomore or redshirt freshman right now, likely making a contribution (vs. Ancrum, at 261lbs trying to play DT).

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You can't really tell much from the tape. I don't know if he's new to football or not camping or both. Certainly looks like a backup or project option. Seems to have the physical ability to play. Agree, not the level of guy you expect to get, seems more like filler.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You can't really tell much from the tape. ... Certainly looks like a backup or project option.

You clearly can not tell much from the tape. Others can. He certainly is driving the OL opposite him into the backfield. That might be the best D-tackle tape I have ever seen at any level. Of course the best tape one has seen MUST necessarily be high school tape as there is where the talent difference can be greatest.

What we don't know is the level of competition he is facing. We also don't know if the claimed 6'6" or 6'5" and almost 300 lbs is true or not. If he is that size with that tape it is not surprising that UF, UGa, Oregon and I am sure many others are offering.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You clearly can not tell much from the tape. Others can. He certainly is driving the OL opposite him into the backfield. That might be the best D-tackle tape I have ever seen at any level. Of course the best tape one has seen MUST necessarily be high school tape as there is where the talent difference can be greatest.

What we don't know is the level of competition he is facing. We also don't know if the claimed 6'6" or 6'5" and almost 300 lbs is true or not. If he is that size with that tape it is not surprising that UF, UGa, Oregon and I am sure many others are offering.
When part of your tape is some kind of spring jamboree, there's your sign

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.