Florida out to vanquish its Jimbo Fisher problem Saturday in College Station

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
It was a game many circled when the SEC released the new, conference-only team schedules in August.

Florida and Texas A&M in College Station. It was a premier game rich with storylines.

Jimbo Fisher and Texas A&M are out to prove that last year’s 8-5 campaign was mostly just a product of a brutal schedule, one that saw the Aggies play 3 teams ranked No. 1 in the course of the regular season (Clemson, Alabama, LSU) and 5 total games against top 10 teams. Sure, the Aggies went 0-5 in those games, but they were 8-0 against anyone not ranked in the top 10. The 2020 season was about taking the next step.

Dan Mullen and Florida are out to prove that they are truly ready to wrestle control of the SEC East back from Georgia and stake a claim to the national spot. Yeah, the 21 wins and back-to-back New Year’s 6 bowl winning seasons were an incredible start to the Mullen era, but Florida won’t be back again until it beats Georgia. A game at the 12th man was a heady challenge placed in Florida’s path.

Two senior quarterbacks in Kyle Trask and Kellen Mond shouldering massive expectations, even if they were coming off very different 2019 seasons.

Florida’s first trip to College Station since 2012, a reminder of both an epic game won by Florida in Johnny Manziel’s first college start and that these games occur too seldomly thanks to a broken SEC cross-divisional scheduling system in need of reform.

You can read more here.

#Gator Bait
:chomp:

This was going to be a fun game, and in a shortened season, perhaps one with national implications.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
I’m not sure he’s that good of a coach. He got out of free shoes u at the right time. That place was going downhill in a hurry and he knew it. He has all the resources he could ask for and more at A&M and they still are a middle of the pack program. He ran the crimiNOLES into the ground and now doing the same with the saggies

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
We never had a Jimbo problem. We had a Chump and Butters problem.

Don't forget the Addazio/Brantley problem in 2010. You know the game where Jordan Reed moves the ball down the field at will, but then Brantley throws a pick in the endzone at the end of the half.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Dumbo sux as a head coach, but he is not stupid as business man. He smartly went for the 75 LARGE guaranteed without hesitation.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I’m not sure he’s that good of a coach. He got out of free shoes u at the right time. That place was going downhill in a hurry and he knew it. He has all the resources he could ask for and more at A&M and they still are a middle of the pack program. He ran the crimiNOLES into the ground and now doing the same with the saggies

Shouldn't he get a statue for this?

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Shouldn't he get a statue for this?

I think we owe a tip of the hat to him, but not a statue. JF is a smart man. I think he got his 75 extra large after he split with the wife. That's gotta sting though. Your wife banging a Gator when you are coaching the semis.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I think we owe a tip of the hat to him, but not a statue. JF is a smart man. I think he got his 75 extra large after he split with the wife. That's gotta sting though. Your wife banging a Gator when you are coaching the semis.

I am guessing that 75 EXTRA LARGE eases that sting a bit. If one chooses, 75 EXTRA LARGE gets you a different girl each night of the week, whatever age you select (18 year old minimum of course) for the rest of your life never a repeat. And each one younger, prettier and out the door with no questions asked as opposed to Candy skank.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You mean getting crushed by two Kyles at the same time, a constant barrage of pressure by Cox, watching a guy named Kadarius pull away, and the whole thing needing to be wrapped up by 3:00?
I dont think she has a pool boy or personal trainer named Kadarius. That just seems unlikely.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It’s a guarantee that our defense won’t let us keep any kind of a comfortable lead.

The only thing that may be a factor is Mond. When he’s been rattled and gets thrown off, he often falls apart with some really bad choices that really costs them. Been doing it for close to decade it seems.

To Corral and Hill’s credit, they kept their composure and were steady the whole game. If we can get some stops and force some mistakes by Mond, I don’t think he stays on course as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator