Florida out to vanquish its Jimbo Fisher problem Saturday in College Station

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
The only thing that may be a factor is Mond. When he’s been rattled and gets thrown off, he often falls apart with some really bad choices that really costs them. Been doing it for close to decade it seems.

To Corral and Hill’s credit, they kept their composure and were steady the whole game. If we can get some stops and force some mistakes by Mond, I don’t think he stays on course as well.

Mond is trash...he’s entering his 5th year and has zero to show for it in the way of development

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They have penicillin for that
Trust me when I tell you that penicillin isnt strong enough for all you can get exploring the wrong orifices in Tijuana.

Last edited:

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Jimbo problem what a ****ing joke. Horrible coach who coached in a horrible league and got lucky with ole crab legs and used that to get himself more money, 2 to 3 years he will be looking for a job in the pac12

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
The only thing that may be a factor is Mond. When he’s been rattled and gets thrown off, he often falls apart with some really bad choices that really costs them. Been doing it for close to decade it seems.

To Corral and Hill’s credit, they kept their composure and were steady the whole game. If we can get some stops and force some mistakes by Mond, I don’t think he stays on course as well.

Everything you said is true, I just don't have the confidence in this defense and especially Grantham to get him rattled. I suspect he'll look like Warren Moon against our defense. Just hope we can outscore them.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We never had a Jimbo problem. We had a Chump and Butters problem.

223e958c908a710f8deb9017e845a8b8.gif

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mond is trash...he’s entering his 5th year and has zero to show for it in the way of development

However, no doubt our defense will make him look pretty good. As you said, it’s going to be a tight game until the end.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Everything you said is true, I just don't have the confidence in this defense and especially Grantham to get him rattled. I suspect he'll look like Warren Moon against our defense. Just hope we can outscore them.

Very possibly true. But it’s usually the stable, mid level guys that we tend to elevate. The erratic ones like Nix, Guarantano, Bentley, even Burrow(18) are where our pressure can sometimes be the difference.

But I do agree that we’re going to have to score a decent amount again for any level of comfort.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Very possibly true. But it’s usually the stable, mid level guys that we tend to elevate. The erratic ones like Nix, Guarantano, Bentley, even Burrow(18) are where our pressure can sometimes be the difference.

But I do agree that we’re going to have to score a decent amount again for any level of comfort.

We haven’t shown any sustained pressure throughout a game so far...we’ve got a couple sacks but we’re playing some dumbass 2-2-6 and playing 7 yards off the receivers AND letting RBs just gash us...I’d rather just blitz every damn down than deal with a slow bleed

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I’m not sure he’s that good of a coach. He got out of free shoes u at the right time. That place was going downhill in a hurry and he knew it. He has all the resources he could ask for and more at A&M and they still are a middle of the pack program. He ran the crimiNOLES into the ground and now doing the same with the saggies

"That place was going downhill in a hurry and he DID it. " FIFY

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
We never had a Jimbo problem. We had a Chump and Butters problem.
Right! That stupid AD Foolie! After finally unloading the Chumpster,
if I were him I would have gone after a coach who:
1: Had been a successful OC at a big-time Power Five program.
2: Could claim to come off the tree of a highly successful head coach.
3: Had a successful stint as a head coach.
4: Showed that he could develop quarterbacks.
5: Didn't bring a lot of baggage to the job.
6: Had a stable home and family life.
7: Didn't break the bank after having to shell out millions just to jettison
that bumbler Chumpy.

Wait: Butters met all that criteria!

Last edited:

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Jimbo problem what a ****ing joke. Horrible coach who coached in a horrible league and got lucky with ole crab legs and used that to get himself more money, 2 to 3 years he will be looking for a job in the pac12
Before the Rapeis Winston, the fans were already calling for Dumbo to be Sh!T canned.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We haven’t shown any sustained pressure throughout a game so far...we’ve got a couple sacks but we’re playing some dumbass 2-2-6 and playing 7 yards off the receivers AND letting RBs just gash us...I’d rather just blitz every damn down than deal with a slow bleed

Not like Grenard and Zuniga have done for us the past few years. We're forcing QB's to step up as the pocket closes, but inexplicably have no one there to prevent them from just tucking and running. That middle is going to have to play better for sure, and I think we're going to have to see more blitzing to get to Mond before he can do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.