Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I wouldn't negotiate a buyout. If they want me gone, they would pay every last cent that is contractually owed to me.

Butters could have been fired for cause, especially after those "death threats" lies. I don't think FSU has that luxury with WiLLLLLLLie. Although, maybe they could use that hydration issue against him.
Exactly

Taggart knows he’s a terrible coach. But nobody is dumb enough aside from HorseTeeth Mcquiverlips to not get paid your full buyout

No way in hell im going through all that and also not get paid my 18 million

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Idk what’s been said on previous pages but sounds like FSU is negotiating the buyout and will fire Taggart this year at some point. The 247 guys say it’s been a work in progress since ULM.
This is ridiculous.

We give atrocious coaches 3-4 years at least.

I blame extreme racism.

At least we know where @dubs is, in mourning for a while no doubt.

Imagine how happy Oregon is. Remember Clowntown payed to buy this loser out.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

And we were in a much better financial situation than FSU. That's why I'll believe all this when I see it.

So you're telling me the brain trust that brought you this deal in the first place is going to negotiate down a buyout they have no leverage to reduce, and pay it (even at a reduced amount) with money they don't have, and then find someone who will come in and win for what they can then can't afford to pay - after they just fired a coach less than two years in who is leaving enormous roster holes that will basically leave you uncompetitive for at least that same time frame after Akers leaves at the end of the year?

Yeah, sure buddy. Never drink hooch from a bathtub.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
This is ridiculous.

I blame extreme racism.

At least we know where @dubs is, in mourning for a while no doubt.

Imagine how happy Oregon is. Remember Clowntown payed to buy this loser out.
Our atrocious coaches went 11-2 and 9-4 their second years. One with an outside shot at a national title appearance and the other a division title. There’s a zero percent chance either would have made it to year three winning five games and then being 3-4 the following year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our atrocious coaches went 11-2 and 9-4 their second years. One with an outside shot at a national title appearance and the other a division title. There’s a zero percent chance either would have made it to year three winning five games and then being 3-4 the following year.
Our atrocious AD should have been fired the second he landed in New Orleans.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
To save his job, wiLLLLLLLLLLLie will need to finish 7-5. That means winning the next 4 and losing to us. It’ll get them into a bowl and give some sense he is turning things around. Then, when the same thing happens next year, he will be fired.

On Newberg’s podcast, they said they are only negotiating. He isn’t gone for sure. The boosters have given the okay. They money is there. But, wiLLLLLLLLLLLie needs to show things are looking up. Going 6-6 wont do that. He needs a winning streak.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Something I didn’t know. Their AD is leaving. Do they hire the new coach before the AD?

I didn't know about the AD leaving. If that's the case, any sane program would wait and let the new AD pick a coach he wants rather than hiring someone just before the AD starts and saddling him with 3-4y of 'new coach' before he can begin making his impact. Hiring winning coaches is the job of the AD, they should keep Willie into next year and let the new AD make the changes. There is merit to cutting your losses now, as it will likely be an even worse financial situation a year from now, but the right thing is to wait. Besides, who are they going to bring in?

Now for the rest of us, it's a win-win. Get another year (or more) of Willie in Tallahassee, or they fire him soon and bring in another crappy HBC on the cheap that provides another few years towards the decade of doom. No matter what, they continue to suck.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
On Newberg’s podcast, they said they are only negotiating. He isn’t gone for sure. The boosters have given the okay. They money is there. But, wiLLLLLLLLLLLie needs to show things are looking up. Going 6-6 wont do that. He needs a winning streak.
LOL... only negotiating about how much it is to replace you.

It's done. And waaaaaaaay too fast. Way too fast but he has looked like a middle school coach, team members are openly calling for him to be bought out now on twitter, so there's only so much we can expect.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
How is the AD leaving, he just got the job this summer? As for a buyout, Newberg's stupid podcast can claim the money's there, they don't know. But it may be, necessity is the mother of invention after all.

Willie played hardball to go to FSU and leave Oregon, set himself up nicely with a six-year $30 million deal. He's still owed $17 million after this season, and he isn't leaving for less - at least his history doesn't indicate that he would.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
How is the AD leaving, he just got the job this summer? As for a buyout, Newberg's stupid podcast can claim the money's there, they don't know. But it may be, necessity is the mother of invention after all.

WiLLLLLLLie played hardball to go to FSU and leave Oregon, set himself up nicely with a six-year $30 million deal. He's still owed $17 million after this season, and he isn't leaving for less - at least his history doesn't indicate that he would.
Why would he leave for less? He isn't likely to get another job paying that...

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Idk what’s been said on previous pages but sounds like FSU is negotiating the buyout and will fire Taggart this year at some point. The 247 guys say it’s been a work in progress since ULM.

I’m not buying it but I guess we’ll see.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I have posted this before, but will do so again. Here are the names which keep popping up to replace wiLLLLLLLLLLLie:

1. Dino Babers

2. Mike Leach

3. Dave Clawson

4. Mike Gundy

5. Urban Meyer

6. Matt Campbell

Number 5 isn't happening and Gundy's name always pops up in these things. He always says no.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Why would he leave for less? He isn't likely to get another job paying that...
This is what I'm saying. They better have some pictures of Taggart with little boys or the clowns are paying every penny. They may be able to negotiate with him about the structuring - like what payments are made when - but they will be paying every penny of it.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Leach might be nuts enough to take it, but it would have to be not about the money, because they are flat broke and that is before the buyout AND trying to pay a buyout for a coach who is under contract and then give that coach a contract he's willing to take.

Leach just this year signed an extension:
Washington State, Mike Leach agree on contract extension Couldn't find the exact buyout, but it was reported as of April being 4.9 million. No, ain't happening. Not this year anyway. WSU is cash strapped and will want payment in full for their cash cow.

Urban ain't coming - even if they could afford him. Neither is Gundy for obvious reasons.

Matt Campbell's buyout is 6 million if he leaves before signing day 2020 and ISU has no reason to be gentle, as they obviously want him there long term.
Cyclones: Matt Campbell's new contract includes $7M buyout if he leaves after 2018 season

Realistically it's Dino Babers or bust.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Is exit strategy being discussed for Willie Taggart?

“I believe an exit strategy is being discussed,” Newberg said in his “On the Bench” podcast. “It’s not a certainty right now. Nothing is done but it is getting real. I’m told that this is a situation where Jimmy Sexton and the FSU administration have been in touch. They have been talking directly about money and a potential buyout-slash-negotiation if it is to come to that. Yeah. I think in the scenario where Taggart does get let go, it’s if this team continues to go down the path that it’s going, continues to play and make the same mistakes that it has. And on the business side, there’s a deal that gets struck in the background.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This whole things a mess. They need Jeremy Foley to bring some stability to their program. I'd go ahead and snag the best AD in sports before I went ahead with the search

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
This is the thread that keeps giving. It's like Christmas, without the family BS.
This thread is more enjoyable than the Vols coaching search thread.

The vols are pathetic, and ALMOST worthy of sympathy.

If the Noles only win 1 more game in their history, it’s one game too many.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
This is the point of inversion for FSU. The wing has stalled and instead of recovering, they are about mash the rudder and initiate a snap roll and nose dive into the ground. They are Tennessee bound. Book it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator