Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So far since Monday, Taggart has been rumored to be fired, hit by a bus, and now eaten by a lion, with a condiment provided.

That's a hell of a week.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i kinda hope they do fire willy right now... i think theyd end up worse off. who of any salt whatsoever is gonna come to a program fresh off firing a coach less than 2 years into a 6 year deal, after paying a monstrous buyout, a roster thats quite literally in shambles with the only talent left on it gone at the end of this season, a fan base fit to be tied, sales in the toilet, program in the red and hemoraging, and little money to pay the new guy bc of it?

Im serious, they fire him, there's a good chance they are UT immediately. :lol:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
i kinda hope they do fire willy right now... i think theyd end up worse off. who of any salt whatsoever is gonna come to a program fresh off firing a coach less than 2 years into a 6 year deal, after paying a monstrous buyout, a roster thats quite literally in shambles with the only talent left on it gone at the end of this season, a fan base fit to be tied, sales in the toilet, program in the red and hemoraging, and little money to pay the new guy bc of it?

Being UT would be an upgrade.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

They're already worse off than UT on the field. Imagine if they played in the SEC and had Bama for a yearly rival like UT does. Would be brutal.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Don't forget, the whole reason they had to hire someone is because their previous coach felt he wasn't getting the support he needed from the program and left for one that no one here, outside of '78, has seen be relevant in their lifetime. Meanwhile, the toxic culture of Tallahassee had him coming home to Amazon Prime boxes of Hennesey and a row of Nike Air Force Ones by the door, while he unsuccessfully tried to salvage his marriage.

And in the end, they're forced to consider bake sales and car washes because they can't come up with 17 mil. So you know this next contract is going to be like a 75k base, a Uhaul voucher as a buyout, and all centered on incentives like beating UF and Clemson.

Good luck selling that.

It's not quite ut because of it being just one bad coaching choice, not four, and their proximity to talent. But it could be headed that direction.

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
FSU is on their third trainwreck season in a row, but it's not bad enough yet. I want them on a 10 year trainwreck like Tennessee.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I just don't get why any of you would want him fired? There's about a 1% chance they could possibly hire someone more inept than Willllllllllie. If they fired Taggart today they'd most likely go with the dc, Bryles or the guy from Oregon as a replacement, do any of you think the team would be worse than it already is?

As terrible as butters was he didn't look this bad his first 2 years with a lot less talent playing a tougher schedule. He needs to make it to the halfway point of next year at least. Then no matter who they hire it's a minimum 2 year turn around. Like the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", those fckers are broke, the longer it takes them to start fixing it the better.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I remember having something like a 22-6-1 advantage over FSU after the 1986 season. I'm hoping for the gap in the series to widen like that again. Soon.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The guy on the left was awesome. That's the kind of critique you need when your team is sucking balls. Would have been refreshing to hear through the Chump and McStank years.
Doolie would be calling them Nidiots, explaining how great the coach was, and how no one could win more than 5 games with injuries.

Last edited:

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I don't think I could take the joy if this was actually the end result of this death spiral. Getting the chance to beat that clown like a drunken trucker for the next few seasons would be almost too much happiness for my heart to handle. It would be like Marcus Aurelius at sunrise.

I was thinking multiple orgasms, a heart attack, and a stroke all at the same time.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Urban is not an option for them in any case, I doubt he will go back to coaching unless it is Notra Lame, and even then he would be smart to decline.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He needs to make it to the halfway point of next year at least. Then no matter who they hire it's a minimum 2 year turn around. Like the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", those fckers are broke, the longer it takes them to start fixing it the better.

It is already a minimum 2 year rebuild because of the atrocious recruiting on the lines of scrimmage. They don't have a lot of talent at receiver. Assuming he sticks, they will will have only one promising QB on the roster (Sims). If Marvin Wilson leaves for the nfl like many think, I'm not sure they can stop anyone next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator