Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
While watching the game, I thought Haggins looked even more confused than he did when they played us. Shame he didn't get the full time gig.

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
My fiancé and I were at a local pizza place when we looked up at the TV and saw the score show up on the game. We both literally laughed out load. I mean, it's already humiliating that you're in a bowl called the "Tony the Tiger Bowl"but to also play the way they did is hilarious. I personally think Norvell made a huge mistake. I would have rather stayed at Memphis instead of going down there and trying to fix that dumpster fire.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Something came up in the chat that reminded me of this dumbass 'Nole trying (and utterly failing) to troll other teams. It was 2006. We got a date with tOSU in the BCS Championship Game.

FSU? 6-6. Barely bowl eligible. They got an invite to the Emerald Bowl, as in Emerald Nuts. It used to be the San Francisco Bowl, the Fight Hunger Bowl, the Foster Farms Bowl, and it is currently the Redbox Bowl. Frankly, it sucks.

Here's the sign at the game (this is earnest, it is neither photoshopped nor is it intended to be ironic):

iu

Yes, who wants to go to the Rose or Sugar when you can go to the Emerald Nuts Bowl. :facepalm:

Somebody reminded me that part of the San Francisco bowl game experience was a tour of Alcatraz so of course we got tons of pictures of 'Noles in prison cells, their natural environment.

But wait, it gets even better.

FSU was embroiled in a massive cheating scandal the next year. They knew about it, but didn't suspend the players as their internal investigation wound its course so they could hit 6 wins and be bowl eligible (thus preserving their nation-leading bowl streak). If they suspended the players earlier, no way they would have gotten to 6 wins (they would have lost to BC and Maryland). They sat on it until after bowl bids were announced, then "self reported" and "voluntarily" suspended the miscreants. Bastards. They suspended 25 players for the 2007 Music City Bowl against Kentucky (which they lost). Later, the NCAA vacated a bunch of FSU wins, including the aforementioned Emerald Nut Bowl (5 of their 2006 wins and all 7 of their 2007 wins). Despite this, FSU (and the media) still credited FSU with the bowl streak.

Fcuk FSU.

Alex.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Despite this, FSU (and the media) still credited FSU with the bowl streak.

Fcuk FSU.

Alex.

Just like the media counted Bowden’s Samford wins in his march toward winningest D1 coach, yet didn’t include Eddie Robinson in that list.

Just like the media accepted that Don McPherson was the only football player involved in gambling despite the fact that his bookies were football equipment managers.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
upload_2020-1-3_19-0-1.png

I remember when our fan base was going through this after 2017...this is when you’re ok with being mediocre cause it’s better than where you’re at...sad times for FSU and I’m loving every minute of it

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-3_19-0-2.jpeg
    upload_2020-1-3_19-0-2.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 208

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hahaha

@unclelukereal1: This just in the committee has spoken @FSUFootball has been blackballed from Recruiting in all of the Top African-American schools in Miami-Dade County.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
My fiancé and I were at a local pizza place when we looked up at the TV and saw the score show up on the game. We both literally laughed out load. I mean, it's already humiliating that you're in a bowl called the "Tony the Tiger Bowl"but to also play the way they did is hilarious. I personally think Norvell made a huge mistake. I would have rather stayed at Memphis instead of going down there and trying to fix that dumpster fire.
He would have taken any p5 gig. He was desperate. Yet nobody else wanted him and plenty of schools had the opportunity. Makes you wonder

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
It won’t come out until he’s ran them further in the ground than Taggelwain, then that’ll be their excuse for canning him.

He can’t possibly be worse than willie. I dare him to try.

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It is clear that Norvelle is already better than wiLLLLLLLLLLLLie. In a few weeks, Norvelle was able to sign 2 decent QBs. He has some decent o-linemen at least looking at them. wiLLLLLLLLLLLLie couldn't even get them on campus. Still, it may be too late to save the class.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He would have taken any p5 gig. He was desperate. Yet nobody else wanted him and plenty of schools had the opportunity. Makes you wonder

The word on the street is that Norvell likes to gamble, or at least he used to.
This would chase away legitimate programs but FSU is wise enough to see the value of his input for the players and coaches

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator