Florida tabbed as the top job in the country

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n24722 said:
Fire the coach.

How could fire him and get away with it? Going 13-1 more than likely means we either won one of the "New Years six" (previous BCS bowl game) or the SEC. He would go from being on the hot seat to a good coach every other year.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n24573 said:
I was never that big on Strong either, but after Muschamp he looks a lot more appealing. But frankly, Alvin Dork at head coach looks more appealing.

:eek:hnoes:

Dugaboy

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What AlphaGator1906 says has merit. What Law says does also. We have debated the Strong as head coach position for years, and if you read enough internet you will find that Charlie had his shot, but then Bombed against the Hurricanes. That game was a big time embarrassment to everyone. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think the Big Money at UF ever saw Ole Charlie as a HBC. Texas is really taking a gamble. Hell, Strong first showed up as an assistant defensive coach under Charley Pell for God's sake..

The guy has been around. Maybe too long. Any serious conversations about a replacement for Coach Boom if he Bombs against UGA this year, must include selections from the middle west and have recruiting strength...Forget those has been professional football coaches. That would be a disaster. The successful candidate must be defensively strong, hell of a LEGAL recruiter, and know how to select assistant coaches...Maybe Nickie would recommend someone...

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Dugaboy;n25243 said:
What AlphaGator1906 says has merit. What Law says does also. We have debated the Strong as head coach position for years, and if you read enough internet you will find that Charlie had his shot, but then Bombed against the Hurricanes. That game was a big time embarrassment to everyone. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think the Big Money at UF ever saw Ole Charlie as a HBC. Texas is really taking a gamble. Hell, Strong first showed up as an assistant defensive coach under Charley Pell for God's sake..

The guy has been around. Maybe too long. Any serious conversations about a replacement for Coach Boom if he Bombs against UGA this year, must include selections from the middle west and have recruiting strength...Forget those has been professional football coaches. That would be a disaster. The successful candidate must be defensively strong, hell of a LEGAL recruiter, and know how to select assistant coaches...Maybe Nickie would recommend someone...

I'm not saying Strong is the answer but...
You are saying Charlie "bombed" after one game as an interim? What head coaching experience did Muschamp have? What about now? Would you say Muschamp has bombed? Not exactly apples to apples here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm saying both have proven they are mediocre at best and inconsistent at winning even the gimme games.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n25269 said:
I'm saying both have proven they are mediocre at best.

Probably. But UF hitched their wagon to Musch.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dugaboy said:

I think in our case they better a great offensive mind. We don't need another zook muschamp type of coach.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Not possible. We were assured that if Muschamp were fired last year no one would want the job.
You'd be surprised how much a year will make. After the 1st 5-6 games, if we are still putrid on offense, there will be virtually no one that could say Florida is unreasonable for cutting WM loose. If he makes strides, he makes to next October...this is assuming the rap sheet stays clean.....

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:
We'll need the extra money to buy WM out!
Unfortunately, this plays a role....other coaches will come, but at a cost.....Of course I think we need a better negotiator.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
the_alphagator1906;n24754 said:
How could fire him and get away with it? Going 13-1 more than likely means we either won one of the "New Years six" (previous BCS bowl game) or the SEC. He would go from being on the hot seat to a good coach every other year.
You wanted a serious response? Guess it depends on the bowl game. Especially the one in the 5-8 season.

Dugaboy

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I said, or meant to say, that Strong was being looked at and that discussions were in the works and the Gator Big Money was watching, and then Strong got
"punked" as they say, by Miami...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dugaboy;n25479 said:
I said, or meant to say, that Strong was being looked at and that discussions were in the works and the Gator Big Money was watching, and then Strong got
What was Gator Big Money watching last year?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Foley had a couple of the big money guys come out near the end of last season to tell us Muschamp was alright and he would right the ship.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n24508 said:
Strong was playing in the Big Least and his "in-state rival" is Kintucky. Whehhhh tough game to offset all those Big Least games. Sorry, not impressed and I'm glad he isn't here. I can't even fathom paying him 6 mil for his mediocre resume. His defenses weren't even consistently good and in that respect, Chimp is better. I wouldn't want either as Hbc but I'd take Chimp over Strong as a DC every day of the week.

Law gives Muschamp a compliment... sortof:woohoo:

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Dugaboy said:

you are describing our current coach!

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Dugaboy;n25479 said:
What was Gator Big Money watching last year?
our own guys blocking each other...:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator