Florida to restore more “traditional” uniforms

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My choice = orange helmet, blue jersey, white pants as long as it's plowing through the lines.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
White helmet may be ok now that they got that stupid Foley Font F off of it and script Gators on both sides.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coaches have input, ADs make the final call, and Stricklin did with an eye toward poll-climbing UF spending more time in front of national TV audiences.

The uni experimentation, esp under Mac, had gone mad. It was time to reign it in.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The only combo I truly dislike is all orange.

I don’t care for all orange or all blue.

I don’t like the gray or anything that takes us away from orange & blue. I assume Nike pays UF heavily for that nonsense.

I enjoy the occasional throwback to the SOS era or my 80’s.

But if they are going to go orange jerseys, they must be tear away so that you see Toney diving into the end zone with half his jersey gone.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
We don't need to change our uniforms anymore than Bama.
Imo our uniforms are the best in college football.
We're not Oregon--we don't need gimmicks to recruit or establish our "brand."
We just need to win with quality coaching and recruit with quality coaches / recruiters. It's that simple.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
We don't need to change our uniforms anymore than Bama.
Imo our uniforms are the best in college football.
We're not Oregon--we don't need gimmicks to recruit or establish our "brand."
We just need to win with quality coaching and recruit with quality coaches / recruiters. It's that simple.
who chooses the uniforms each week? Does jordan/nike get a say?

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
aajh016.jpg
He looked good in any color. None better!

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I like the alternative uniforms, except the gator skin one. Not sure why everyone liked the 06 Bama one - about as boring as it gets. If we’re going to change uniforms, at least have fun with it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As the photos prove Gators must first look best in 'action', then best in orange & blue.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I love the traditional look. But the news here just sounds like we're choosing to say we like being boring. Why not just say "We're going to wear the traditional uniforms, except for one game a year". We're Jordan brand now. We should do some cool, collaborative stuff with nike/Jordan once a year. It should be classic or clean looks. It doesn't need to be shocking, ugly colors like the gator skin uniforms. It can be cool to the younger crown and also look nice to the older crotchety fans that never want any change or anything cool.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No uni's like the A&M game. Couln't even read the numbers and I was there in the stadium. Only player I could tell was running was Giraffe Boy, I mean Franks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.