Florida victorious interview on Shane Matthews podcast

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One of the questions that I had in an earlier thread is why the UAA does not push money into Florida victorious. It seems that the new legislation allows universities to steer to NIL organization.

They said that they talk to the UAA every day, but the UAA has to be a separate entity and cannot be part of NIL.

This discussion starts at the 33.30 Mark. The actual interview with victorious starts about 5 minutes earlier at the 28.30 mark

It’s a great listen if you have time

Also @soflagator - they were asked the following question, but I think they misunderstood, “has anybody talked to admissions about all the legacy students not getting admitted, and how it affects donations to the school. Particularly to NIL.”

I think he thought they were asking him whether he affected admissions at all and worked with them. He doesn’t understand that normal kids are not getting into UF.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
One of the questions that I had in an earlier thread is why the UAA does not push money into Florida victorious. It seems that the new legislation allows universities to steer to NIL organization.

They said that they talk to the UAA every day, but the UAA has to be a separate entity and cannot be part of NIL.

This discussion starts at the 33.30 Mark. The actual interview with victorious starts about 5 minutes earlier at the 28.30 mark

Also @soflagator - they were asked the following question, but I think they misunderstood, “has anybody talked to admissions about all the legacy students not getting admitted, and how it affects donations to the school. Particularly to NIL.”

I think he thought they were asking him whether he affected admissions at all and worked with them. He doesn’t understand that normal kids are not getting into UF.

All of which is indicative of why "normal" kids are not getting into UF...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Go Ahead Yes GIF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But plenty of legacy kids are getting in... we'll chalk "normal" up to Freudian slip! :lol:
Out of state students ought to be a very small quota.

Florida taxpayers pay for our University not the families of Chinese mathletes.

Everyone knows your kids couldn't possibly be normal.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But plenty of legacy kids are getting in... we'll chalk "normal" up to Freudian slip! :lol:
A LOT aren’t. I’m know a ton of whose kids are at the top of their classes and aren’t getting in. And they’re almost all shifting their donations.

including one of my kids.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Apparently the university is the one entity that can’t pay them for their name, likeness & image.

They flat out asserted that boosters should support NIL rather than donating to the UAA.

So I’m supposed to pay the players on Gainesville’s AAA team? I’m ok if they try to sell me a car or a sandwich, run a YouTube channel or whatever, which is what NIL means.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They flat out asserted that boosters should support NIL rather than donating to the UAA.
Who is they? It sure as hell isnt the UAA. They want to keep sucking down 150 MM a year and paying assistant ADs more than Bammer paid it's AD for a decade.

UAA will scream if even pennies are diverted.

They dont have money for facilities, or coaches buyouts, or NIL.... no they need additional capital campaigns for that. No that 150 MM just disappears into Foolet's mattress or something.

"Operating expenses" on the budget but without explanation of why we cost so much and dont actually have money for athletics.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
A LOT aren’t. I’m know a ton of whose kids are at the top of their classes and aren’t getting in. And they’re almost all shifting their donations.

including one of my kids.
Let me know if you really want to get into this... I can assure you that you will not like it because, well, truth hurts and pride stings.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let me know if you really want to get into this... I can assure you that you will not like it because, well, truth hurts and pride stings.
Where is that cajun hotdog guy when we need him?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not sure what that means. But it sounds like you’re going to make some sort of personal attack on me.

And if so. You can **** yourself.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I’m not sure what that means. But it sounds like you’re going to make some sort of personal attack on me.

And if so. You can **** yourself.
No, but you’d take it personally, you already have. That’s the pride stinging, without me saying anything at all.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, but you’d take it personally, you already have. That’s the pride stinging, without me saying anything at all.
I don’t have an issue with pride. I have an issue with some ******* on the board insinuating that one of my kids not getting any UF somehow makes them lesser. You should be proud that your daughters got in.

And then you find it amusing to take a personal jab at my family. And you think it somehow you somehow bigger.

**** you. You pos.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I don’t have an issue with pride. I have an issue with some ******* on the board insinuating that one of my kids not getting any UF somehow makes them lesser. You should be proud that your daughters got in.

And then you find it amusing to take a personal jab at my family. And you think it somehow you somehow bigger.

**** you. You pos.
  1. Where did I ever even remotely imply that anyone’s kid was lesser than anyone? That’s 100% on you.
  2. When did I take a jab at your family? That’s 100% on you.
  3. How do I think I’m bigger? That’s 100% on you.
In fact, I haven’t said anything personal, you have, twice now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator