***Florida vs Alabama BBALL Game Thread***

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
4 of the first 6 possesion to egbunu...0 pts...stop it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I wrote this yesterday:.

"big John has been pretty good too (still misses too many hooks around the hoop) "

He's been even worse today. I'm starting to think he just doesn't have any touch so when he can't dunk it most likely isn't falling. He's gotten to the line a lot but hasn't been too effective there either.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I wrote this yesterday:.

"big John has been pretty good too (still misses too many hooks around the hoop) "

He's been even worse today. I'm starting to think he just doesn't have any touch so when he can't dunk it most likely isn't falling. He's gotten to the line a lot but hasn't been too effective there either.
His hooks have actually not looked bad, a few went in and out...but after 4 or 5 times it's time to go elsewhere

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Under 8 timeout Alabama is blowing us out this half thinks to big out played and out coached

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
His hooks have actually not looked bad, a few went in and out...but after 4 or 5 times it's time to go elsewhere

Yeah, his free throw stroke looks pretty good too, but when the ball leaves his hand, FG or FT, it seldom finds the bottom of the net. If he was making FT's his offensive rebounding and drawing fouls inside would be helping, but other than possibly fouling out some of Bama;s bigs, he's been very ineffective in this game.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Obama Han or whatever his name is, goodbye. I'd like to see Allen become a ball hog. Nobody is stepping up.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Coach is not smart at all...chiozza takes 4 shots when it was a 5 pt game 2 min left...why is Allen and DFS not even touching it

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Now 6 shots now from chiozza in last 2 min...this is why I don't think Coach will succeed...its street ball and this team has no guards that can play it other than Allen

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Realistically need 2 road wins now since UK is almost certainly a loss.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I was at the game and here are the simple things that were plainly obvious. The 2nd half was a coaching mismatch. Avery Johnson used basic, simple NBA coaching theories which is to isolate any big mismatch. Well about 5 times in a row Alabama isolated #32 on Cheese in the post and that is when the game got away. It was so obvious and White never saw it or reacted.

Cheese was horrendous. Not only does he but others constantly jack up awful 3 point shots early in the shot clock. As the great Rick Majerus always said: "Why jack up an awful 3 point shot early in the clock when you can get that same awful 3 point shot as the clock expires?

Egbunu either has no clue how to kick the ball out and then repost or he has not been taught.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This is a bad loss and could break the season. 2 road games next week could make this team 7-7 going into the last 4 games.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So sorrowful. Heck with Egbunu's poor ability at kicking it back out, his main flaw is in not
knowing how to use explosive dominant moves near the basket.

Anyway, this HC & team had to know this home game was putting their season up for grabs --
and they flopped. This team has no center steel-rod to grow their confidence upon. Coach
and players seem to enter each game with an attitude to wait and see if their opponent
will give them permission to win. Knowing when, where, and who "to shoot" is as important
as knowing when, where and who "not to shoot".

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I thought we played well offensively for the most part
We shot .286, .143 from 3 and .593 from the FT with a total of 5 assists. Does it get any worse than that offensively? What exactly would you describe as "played well"...only having 12 turnovers? :lol:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We shot .286, .143 from 3 and .593 from the FT with a total of 5 assists. Does it get any worse than that offensively? What exactly would you describe as "played well"...only having 12 turnovers? :lol:

Lol I know. My sarcasm must not have been obvious enough :grin:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I still can't believe we have point guards that can only hit about 34% or 35% from the field and around 30% or less from 3 pt. range combined. I never remember anything like that from our past decent or good teams. If we just had average shooting PGs that would change everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.