***Florida vs George Washington NIT BBALL Thread***

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe it's just me, but it seemed like we stayed in our defensive sets too long. I'm not saying you switch to a different D each time they score, but I would have thrown the kitchen sink at them, man, 2-3, 1-3-1, press, just continue to mix it up. Keep them guessing and have them change their offensive scheme.

No doubt having John E. would have helped, if not win that game. Larson was just a beast down low against a young Hayes and a slow rimmer. I'm seeing a bunch of players transferring already. Maybe we can add one or two. This could very well be a tourny team next year if they can just get it right between the ears. A lot of mental breakdowns last night. I'm still very impressed with the Gator turnout.
I didn't see it as an issue where GW was methodically working the defense and exploiting weaknesses. I just saw us not executing the called defense with enough effort. Late rotations, not getting a hand up, that sort of thing. Somehow we're always able to turn up the intensity late in the game. We need to play with that intensity the whole game. Especially against a team like GW that doesn't have a deep bench.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, and D. Robinson with only 2 points - that's a big deal. Guy couldn't stay out of foul trouble enough to get in the flow of the game. We need him to 'see the light' soon and step up next season. Though with 8 seconds left, I really thought he got fouled by Cavanaugh vs. the other way around - and he had that ticky-tack foul called on him when he reached over the short white dude's head to get the loose ball - some home cookin' there at the end.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, and D. Robinson with only 2 points - that's a big deal. Guy couldn't stay out of foul trouble enough to get in the flow of the game. We need him to 'see the light' soon and step up next season. Though with 8 seconds left, I really thought he got fouled by Cavanaugh vs. the other way around - and he had that ticky-tack foul called on him when he reached over the short white dude's head to get the loose ball - some home cookin' there at the end.

... agree Bart, home crookin'.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think we're really recruiting him. Could be wrong but I thought I read that somewhere.
Yeah, I haven't heard anything about Murph3 either, but seems wierd we wouldn't pursue him. The espn link shows that he has an offer from us and we're the 'warm' team, but who knows when that was - coulda been 2 years ago.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Oregon is a one seed but has 6 seed talent. Duke's not that good this year so it will probably be close but Duke probably pulls off the "upset".

I agree about Oregon, but Duke is a young team and could make a run for the next 2 seasons deep into the final four but we're looking at some one and dones on that Duke team. IMO, Ingram needs to stay another year and bulk up to say the least. He's skinnier than D Rob.

It's a relief the Ducks pulled it off. I'm sick of the FSU football fans who are Duke hoops fans and all of a sudden, I see Canes basketball fans coming out. Thankfully they're gone as well.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kansas out. 5th time Bill Self has lost as a #1 seed and didn't get to the Final 4. Talk about not getting it done. To think, ya'll complain about us not getting it done...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Kansas out. 5th time Bill Self has lost as a #1 seed and didn't get to the Final 4. Talk about not getting it done. To think, ya'll complain about us not getting it done...
He's lost as the higher seed 9 times while at Kansas. I think it's time to rethink their annual 1 or 2 seeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator