***Florida vs Georgia BBALL Game Thread***

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That was a huge win for this team. Getting a road win after the home loss puts us back on serve. Stealing a win at USC would be huge also.

On another note... I took my son to the Texas vs. West Virginia game here in Austin last night. Shaka has those boys playing great basketball... really wish we could have had him as coach, but I also feel sorry for him, because Texas basketball fans are horrible. They were ranked #24 playing #10 and there were empty seats in the lower bowl all over the place. We got our tickets in the lower section for $25/each. Shaka needs to come to Florida where he can get the fan support he deserves!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That was a huge win for this team. Getting a road win after the home loss puts us back on serve. Stealing a win at USC would be huge also.

On another note... I took my son to the Texas vs. West Virginia game here in Austin last night. Shaka has those boys playing great basketball... really wish we could have had him as coach, but I also feel sorry for him, because Texas basketball fans are horrible. They were ranked #24 playing #10 and there were empty seats in the lower bowl all over the place. We got our tickets in the lower section for $25/each. Shaka needs to come to Florida where he can get the fan support he deserves!
We do have the same exact record as Texas. He's not doing any better than white and from what I've seen, he inherited better players.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Same record ,better league though, I'll give u the better players, but better league makes that a push imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Same record ,better league though, I'll give u the better players, but better league makes that a push imo.

We've got a pretty tough sos. Not sure how it ranks against Texas's though.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
We've got a pretty tough sos. Not sure how it ranks against Texas's though.
Our SOS is quite good, I was just looking at conferences.
On CBS sports Texas #3 sos, we are #9

Last edited:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good win, I felt bad about this one at halftime but we made a good comeback in the 2nd half. Maybe we can steal one @South Carolina this Saturday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We had 26 points after 26 minutes, then scored 31 points in final 14 minutes (16 in the last 6)...........................go figure. I was ready to write them off with 13+ minutes to go in the game and down by 7 (33-26). Thank goodness UGA sucks worse than us, and what's crazy is Gaines was making circus 3s at the end to keep it close for them (and we missed the front end of two 1and1s. I guess our D can carry us against the lesser teams. Hopefully we play some more of that inspired D vs the Cocks. An interesting D stat on the other Sr. Guard for UGA (Mann) is that he's pretty much a career double figure scorer and he's never scored more than 10 against the Gators.
:chomp:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
We jumped up 2-3 spots on the RPI to #28 or 27 depending on the index. We also have a top 10 SOS which probably won't change much. Bracket matrix has us at an 8 seed right now. If we win at the cocks a tournament bid is looking great.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Our SOS is quite good, I was just looking at conferences.
On CBS sports Texas #3 sos, we are #9

The Big 12 is a much much better conference than the SEC. Kansas, OU, WVU, ISU are all very good teams. Texas is good and ranked for a reason. The SEC has Kentucky and a lot of teams that are struggling.

I do agree that Shaka inherited more talent than White and I don't think White is doing bad... I just think Shaka is really good and is going to be a superstar coach. Nothing Foley could have done about that... Shaka was a timing issue... he had the UT job before Billy left. My comment was more about how poor Texas basketball fans are vs. Florida fans. While Florida basketball fans aren't UK, they are much better than Texas.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014

Agree, but same opponent (WV), and although Texas won by double digits we won in a more lopsided win.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nice win on the road but Hill and Chiozza still cant hit the side of a barn.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Agree, but same opponent (WV), and although Texas won by double digits we won in a more lopsided win.

Yes, but also remember even BFR was hitting 3s that game... that isn't a good indication of how we normally play.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The Big 12 is a much much better conference than the SEC. Kansas, OU, WVU, ISU are all very good teams. Texas is good and ranked for a reason. The SEC has Kentucky and a lot of teams that are struggling.

I do agree that Shaka inherited more talent than White and I don't think White is doing bad... I just think Shaka is really good and is going to be a superstar coach. Nothing Foley could have done about that... Shaka was a timing issue... he had the UT job before Billy left. My comment was more about how poor Texas basketball fans are vs. Florida fans. While Florida basketball fans aren't UK, they are much better than Texas.
Big 12 is over-rated IMHO. Kansas is looking like a real contender, the rest of them not much better than the rest of the nation with a bunch of mediocre teams. This is a down year for college BB in general and there are no great teams, a handful of good teams and then everybody else.

That was an important win for our boys. I can't call it a good win because that was some of the worst BB I've seen all year from both teams. Hopefully they got this hangover from the UK beat-down out of their system now, because that was a gift of a brick-fest last night.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

How much better is the Big 12? Right now, they're projected to get 7 teams in the tourney and the SEC is projected to get 6.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How much better is the Big 12? Right now, they're projected to get 7 teams in the tourney and the SEC is projected to get 6.

It isn't just about the number of teams in the tourney... it is also about the seeding of those teams.

The Big 12 has 6 teams in the latest Top 25... the SEC has 1. Do you really want to argue that the SEC is as good as the Big 12 in basketball right now? Look at what happened in the Big 12 SEC challenge!

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Necessary win, good; but, boy this team is tuff to believe in. They're dull, seem to
lack pep, lack hand-eye coordination. A freshman had to save us tonight. I do not see
the coaching activating anything ?
Thought the Bama game was one of the saddest ever. No sign of coaching up.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It isn't just about the number of teams in the tourney... it is also about the seeding of those teams.

The Big 12 has 6 teams in the latest Top 25... the SEC has 1. Do you really want to argue that the SEC is as good as the Big 12 in basketball right now? Look at what happened in the Big 12 SEC challenge!
We'll see come tournament time. I know they're ranked higher, but other than a couple of teams, I'm not that impressed. UK and UF being down hurts the top end of our league, but we've gotten better as a conference this year.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We'll see come tournament time. I know they're ranked higher, but other than a couple of teams, I'm not that impressed. UK and UF being down hurts the top end of our league, but we've gotten better as a conference this year.

I agree that we are better as a conference, I just don't think we are as good as the Big 12 this year. I think the SEC is moving in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator