***Florida vs LSU BBALL Game Thread***

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Not that I am touting his recruiting skills, but White's lone 2017 commit Shai Alexander (a 6'4 guard) is now #60 on the the Rivals 150 list for 2017. I am interested to see if White will offer Murphy 3.0 (Erik and Alex's little bro) a scholarship.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I heard the same crap with Muschamp non-stop for 3.3 years. He had too many injuries. No one could've won with that many injuries. Blah freaking blah blah.

Again, one game? In a vacuum? Sure. Overall? Nothing but excuses. Too many on here are the first to deal them out. They are already queued up for some. Enough is enough. Win. Everything else is a bunch of excuses.

And one year is NOT enough time to decide on a coach no matter how bad Foley screwed it up. It is ok to form an opinion though. That's just human nature.

Well I wanted Muschamp gone after the debacle vs Ga Southern to be clear.

Muschamp to White is apples to oranges though, especially at this stage. White hasnt lost to a GSU quality team or anything close to it. Plus we are a potential tourney team, not a team with a losing record like Mussy was in '13.

And yes I agree we can form opinions, but some want to write him off already which I disagree with.

All in all, I'm feeling a big win tonight boys!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do you honestly believe this or are you just pumping? I haven't once said to fire him, btw. He needs to win tonight to make the tourney. Let's see what White is made of.

(insert some excuse about the players not being his and blah blah blah)

Just freaking win. Everything else is an excuse and we all know it.,
I believe what I post - I'm not a troll. I was responding to a post that White missed out on recruits. If you think another coach could have come in and held onto all of Billy's recruits, then you're just as crazy as t. t will say that Miller or Mack could have held onto them, but who really knows?
As for tonight's game, I'd like to see what the players are made of as well (not just White). This TEAM needs to win this game tonight, but I'm not holding my breath because each of the last 3 games were just as important and more winnable, and we faltered (actually sucked really bad at times).

Some of y'all think I'm just a pumper, but I get just as frustrated as you do watching this team play. A 5* PG who can't shoot anything, a backup PG who's turned into a TO machine of late, a 4* shooting guard who can't shoot (BFR), an entire team that can't shoot FTs, and apparently we've decided not play defense lately either. :gah:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I believe what I post - I'm not a troll. I was responding to a post that White missed out on recruits. If you think another coach could have come in and held onto all of Billy's recruits, then you're just as crazy as t. t will say that Miller or Mack could have held onto them, but who really knows?
As for tonight's game, I'd like to see what the players are made of as well (not just White). This TEAM needs to win this game tonight, but I'm not holding my breath because each of the last 3 games were just as important and more winnable, and we faltered (actually sucked really bad at times).

Some of y'all think I'm just a pumper, but I get just as frustrated as you do watching this team play. A 5* PG who can't shoot anything, a backup PG who's turned into a TO machine of late, a 4* shooting guard who can't shoot (BFR), an entire team that can't shoot FTs, and apparently we've decided not play defense lately either. :gah:

Do you think he is recruiting well? That will ultimately decide his fate. He needs at minimum a top 15 class in 2017 or he's toast.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If you're af
I didn't say they were the same style player, in fact I specifically mentioned that they weren't. I was comparing their stats (player for player) and they're very similar if you adjust for min/g. And if you think Dickerson would be getting 22 min/g this year at UF and that he's as good as Egbunu at this point, you're crazier than what I thought. I'm a stats guy so:
Egbunu - 25 min/g, 11.1 pts/g, 6.4 rebs/g, 0.565 FG%, 0.545 FT%, blocks (44)
Dickerson - 22.5 min/g, 7.8 pts/g, 5.3 rebs/g, 0.480 FG%, 0.632 FT%, blocks (20)

We'll see how Mooney pans out at ND - I just didn't see him as a big miss, and again, I don't think you can't put that on White. Mooney went elsewhere because the guy he committed to left for the NBA.
So you think Leon is as big of a contributor as Dickerson would have been? Ok we'll just have to agree to disagree. But that still leaves us without a big man for the future. Hayes may get a little better but he's never gonna be anything better than another big man off the bench. As far as Mooney goes. He was solid to uf until he camped here. He decommitted the following after by all accounts a very impressive showing.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
If you're af

So you think Leon is as big of a contributor as Dickerson would have been? Ok we'll just have to agree to disagree. But that still leaves us without a big man for the future. Hayes may get a little better but he's never gonna be anything better than another big man off the bench. As far as Mooney goes. He was solid to uf until he camped here. He decommitted the following after by all accounts a very impressive showing.

I think Hayes will be a good one. He has played pretty well and is only a frosh. Needs to gain weight and I think that'll help.

But yes, it appears Whites recruiting needs to step it up

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Hayes will be a good one. He has played pretty well and is only a frosh. Needs to gain weight and I think that'll help.

But yes, it appears Whites recruiting needs to step it up
What exactly does Hayes do well? He's an undersized center with a very low basketball iq and has no offensive skill set. He is a pretty good athlete though. I think he can be a good role player If he can get it between the ears and become a good finisher at the rim. I don't see him ever being a guy you can dump the ball into the post and get a bucket.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Terrance Ferguson, the #13 overall recruit in the 2016 class just decommitted from Alabama. He is a 6-7 sharp shooter. We need to go after him as hard as possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
David nickelberry is a 4star small forward who's visiting tonight aswell.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
What exactly does Hayes do well? He's an undersized center with a very low basketball iq and has no offensive skill set. He is a pretty good athlete though. I think he can be a good role player If he can get it between the ears and become a good finisher at the rim. I don't see him ever being a guy you can dump the ball into the post and get a bucket.

I like his size and athleticism. He needs to add strength and some post moves, but that's where potential and realizing talent will come into play.

Also, anybody know if Keith Stone is supposed to be a solid shooter?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Heard he has a drinking problem

0524332001452549985_filepicker.png

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I like his size and athleticism. He needs to add strength and some post moves, but that's where potential and realizing talent will come into play.

I've been totally underwhelmed by Hayes. Maybe if he was 2 inches taller it would be more realistic to expect his rawness to turn into consistent production. As it is he's an undersized center with poor skills, poor BB IQ and average motor. He looks more like a bust than a guy we are waiting on to become a starter.

Anyway, tonight's the night. Of all the seemingly must win games we've had recently, this one is the real deal. A win keeps hope alive and makes Mizzou a play-in game. A loss and it looks bleak, like most likely needing to win 4 straight bleak.

I honestly don't know what to expect. After losing our last 2 home games and 4 of our last 5 games overall, with the only win coming in a really bad performance with the win gifted by UGA, I've pretty much lost faith in White.

The one glimmer of hope was the comeback at LSU, which happens to be the most recent performance we've seen so maybe they've turned a corner or regained a little confidence? But even in that game it looked like White was lost if he was telling the team to keep fouling after getting 2 points down with 42 seconds to go, or he simply forgot to tell them to stop the instant fouling. Either way he failed when the pressure was on.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The one thing these guys that are visiting should see is that there is definitely an opportunity for playing time.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

When did I say miller or Mack would have held billy's recruits together? I said that they were head and shoulders above white as recruiters. Just because I'm not in love with coach white doesn't mean I'm crazy.

Stone came in young like Scottie. He was known to be a volume scorer coming out of highschool. Idk how good of a shooter he is but he's expected to be a pretty good ball player.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
When did I say miller or Mack would have held billy's recruits together? I said that they were head and shoulders above white as recruiters. Just because I'm not in love with coach white doesn't mean I'm crazy.

Stone came in young like Scottie. He was known to be a volume scorer coming out of highschool. Idk how good of a shooter he is but he's expected to be a pretty good ball player.

Hope you are right about Stone. Let's all hope he is a solid shooter (not just in practice, looking at you BFR).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.