***Florida vs West Virginia BBALL Game Thread***

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CG and others touched on this but I too had flashbacks to the '94 Sugar Bowl. The intent was the same. WVU obviously perceived us as a soft team, just like they did the football team, and proceeded to punk us before or early in the game with the same result. Thanks for the wake up call Huggins.
In addition, the elbow to the face of Allen late in the game was 100% intentional. He jumped into Allen, not vertically, with his elbow at a 45 degree angle. This was a textbook example of a flagrant foul but the refs saw nothing.

I am happy we won but happier that we beat a bunch of thugs led by the chief thug

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great game. If we play like that we can beat anybody.

Kudos to Francis for his first game not looking like a wasted scholarship. Not just the shooting, as Bart noted his defense was solid as well.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That was the most complete game I have seen in 2 years. Great game by the team. They came out and played with a high level of energy and really took the physical play to West Virginia instead of allowing West Virginia to dictate to them.

It was great to see the team hit shots also. If we can start hitting shots it will really make a huge difference. I have no idea how Francis started shooting, but I hope that was not an anomaly. His defense was strong and he has good size, so if he can start hitting some shots it helps us even more. Especially once we get Leon back who was playing very well.

Overall, I don't think this is a team anybody wants to play in the tourney. Too much athleticism and great defense. Any team knows that UF is going to be trouble if they start hitting shots and that is scary!

We got the signature win we needed... now we need to string together some SEC wins, it starts tomorrow night with Arkansas. Hopefully closing out a great day of signing recruits with a big basketball win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.