Foley reveals details of coaching search

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n133284 said:
"Foley's inner circle of administrators — Chip Howard, Lynda Tealer, Mike Hill and Steve McClain — went to work."

Ox, which of those 4 people was your source?
:burn:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Who ya' gonna out?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Why do you guys assume that I haven't spoken to Foley personally? :suspect:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n133300 said:
I hope Ox is not paying people for information.
No worries there. I'm broke.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
"Foley's inner circle of administrators — Chip Howard, Lynda Tealer, Mike Hill and Steve McClain — went to work."

Finally, the call came that the buyout had been negotiated. Foley walked down the hall to tell Tealer, who was working on the contract for the new coach. He walked back down to his office and McClain was there.
“It's already out there,” he said.

Who smelt it dealt it?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Foley isn't going to say definitively who his other candidates were, because nothing good would come out of him sharing that information. I'm honestly shocked that he opened up as much as he did in that article.

Dec 10, 2014
ShadowGator;n133267 said:
This story is written as if Foley simply grabbed the recorder from Dooley's hand and simply narrated 15 minutes worth of info. Dooley then transcribed it. I doubt Dooley ever opened his mouth during the exchange.

I am sure Dooley would describe the meeting as two buddies sitting in one of their homes, drinking beer and BBQ'ing a chicken out back... talking about kids, family, world hunger and how to end Russia infiltration into Ukraine.

The reality though is Foley probably hates Dooley and wants him out the door as soon as possible.

It's embarrassing to the Gainesville Sun. It took Dooley until after the South Carolina game to finally have cojones to write that Muschamp needed to go. Why? Because everyone knew Chump was gone by then. Dooley didn't risk any antagonism associated with taking a stance against the regime in place. This is the very thing that columnists are supposed to do. Dooley rarely breaks a story because he's a PR machine for the University and the Sun just goes with his sloppy writing, grammatical errors, and inane fluff pieces. If you read his columns or listen to him as a guest speaker on the radio, he'll never put himself out there with an opinion or prediction. I think the only thing that Dooley has written in recent memory that perked my interest was a segment of a Back Nine column where he said an indoor practice facility was in the works. We don't care about your daughter Kelsey. We don't care about your musical recommendations. We would like a well-written column. We would like a column that has relevance.

I'm telling you how I really feel. PatDooleySucks

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n133450 said:
Let me double down by rephrasing the question - was one of those 4 people your source?
I cannot confirm nor deny anything. :dance:

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n133439 said:
. We don't care about your daughter Kelsey. We don't care about your musical recommendations. We would like a well-written column. We would like a column that has relevance.
what if kelsey gave her musical suggestions? would that change your opinion of him?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n133439 said:
It's embarrassing to the Gainesville Sun. It took Dooley until after the South Carolina game to finally have cojones to write that Muschamp needed to go. Why? Because everyone knew Chump was gone by then. Dooley didn't risk any antagonism associated with taking a stance against the regime in place. This is the very thing that columnists are supposed to do. Dooley rarely breaks a story because he's a PR machine for the University and the Sun just goes with his sloppy writing, grammatical errors, and inane fluff pieces. If you read his columns or listen to him as a guest speaker on the radio, he'll never put himself out there with an opinion or prediction. I think the only thing that Dooley has written in recent memory that perked my interest was a segment of a Back Nine column where he said an indoor practice facility was in the works. We don't care about your daughter Kelsey. We don't care about your musical recommendations. We would like a well-written column. We would like a column that has relevance.

Dooley's more the rule than the exception when it comes to being a homer. Most writers in small markets find the downside of upsetting the apple cart outweighs the upside. Can't remember who the Tallahassee Democrat columnist was who died a a few years ago, but he pretty much bucked the trend. It takes balls to be willing to ask the tough questions because it makes you unpopular locally and can burn certain bridges in terms of gaining access to information.

BTW, is Pat Dooley the only guy left using an iPod? That's soooo 2005.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gee Freeze loves Mississippi so why would you even consider him. Same with Chip Kelly he went to the NFL and is having success why even consider it.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I'm guessing Lynda since the source was wrong. I'll let you interpret that how you see fit ;)

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n133485]

Dooley's more the rule than the exception when it comes to being a homer. Most writers in small markets find the downside of upsetting the apple cart outweighs the upside. Can't remember who the Tallahassee Democrat columnist was who died a a few years ago, but he pretty much bucked the trend. It takes balls to be willing to ask the tough questions because it makes you unpopular locally and can burn certain bridges in terms of gaining access to information.

BTW, is Pat Dooley the only guy left using an iPod? That's soooo 2005. [/QUOTE]

My iPod finally died a few months ago, and my hard drive with iTunes with all the music on it took a crap a few years ago. The iPod is still sitting by my computer with all that music on it that I never backed up again - I guess I'm hoping to figure out a way (a miracle, basically, as I am a computer idiot) to get the music off the dead iPod and back into a usable program again.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n133576 said:
I'm guessing Lynda since the source was wrong. I'll let you interpret that how you see fit ;)

Surprising you are still married - or are you?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n133539 said:
Gee Freeze loves Mississippi so why would you even consider him. Same with Chip Kelly he went to the NFL and is having success why even consider it.

In regards to Kelly, doesn't hurt to ask. The worst he would say is "no".

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;133610 said:
In regards to Kelly, doesn't hurt to ask. The worst he would say is "no".

Exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.