Football Facilities

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n136243 said:
You need Escalades and waterfalls today. Hoes and doughnuts were your father's SEC.

Ski boats and Browning Automatics.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n136153 said:
Off the main issue, the College of Education has a really cool second floor gym. Or they did when I worked there........whenever the hell I worked there.....2004? I think the fencing club met there.

I had a dance class in that old gym. It was pretty cool.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Jabberdave;n136153 said:
I can't believe that they messed up at least one of the courts in the old gym during an office renovation in the late '90s, early '00s. I used to maintain that place when I worked for Rec Sports and the old structure was really cool. Same with the Women's Gym that has been renovated inside and is completely different. You could feel the history when you walked in there.

Off the main issue, the College of Education has a really cool second floor gym. Or they did when I worked there........whenever the hell I worked there.....2004? I think the fencing club met there.
You're killing me with all this history. I must have played hundreds of basketball games in the old Fla Gym. Saw many basketball games there too. Saw us beat UK a few times with their twin towers Roby and Phillips. Graduated in there. Took a class in that Norman Gym once. The UF International Dance people met in there forever.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
When I was a freshman in high school in 1991 my buddy and I would sneak into the old Florida gym to play basketball. I borrowed my friend and fellow Chatterer Jason Walker's UF ID and flashed it at the half-asleep security guard to get in. Hell of a fun place to play.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n136143 said:
The issue isn't whether or not it's good enough to impress you, it's how it compares to other SEC and other top programs. It's obvious we aren't Miami yet, but we also aren't Bama with their marble floors and legions of Hoestesses (formerly employed by UTooth) to serve the recruits every need.
That's right. There is no excuse for Florida not to be "keeping up with the Joneses" when it comes to facilities. It's an embarrassment to think that we are considered second rate in that department. It's just another example of Fooley dropping the ball, no pun intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.