Football Future is Bright, apparently....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My God. That was written by someone who literally has not watched a single minute of a game. Just wow.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to see the silver lining right now......

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hilarious. Recruiting not mentioned once. Whats also funny is that theyre comparing a first round draft pick to our qb's.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Parts of what he's getting at are true. We have had a lot of young guys contribute this year and have played well. However, we're still in dire need of DT's and LB's, and a serviceable or better QB. Offensively, a good QB really could tie things together, but do we have the guy we need on the roster right now?

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Parts of what he's getting at are true. We have had a lot of young guys contribute this year and have played well. However, we're still in dire need of DT's and LB's, and a serviceable or better QB. Offensively, a good QB really could tie things together, but do we have the guy we need on the roster right now?

If Mac is worth anything, he can develop Franks or Allen.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This writer obviously is enjoying the benefits of the new law passed allowing medical marijuana in Florida.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I did not read this article b/c just by the title itself tells me that the guys in the white van wearing the white lab coats should be picking up this writer pronto. It is what I have said for years. Just b/c people write about or cover a sport/team does not mean they know anything about said sport/team. Exhibit A: Pat Dooley!!!!!

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is about half of a post from another site
And as for Mac? In the here and now? He SHOULD feel pressure. He was hired to build a program, yes, but he was also hired to fix the offense, which hes absolutely 100% failed to do and hes yet to take any blame for it. Anytime a Florida reporter actually does ask Mac about the offense (which is incredibly rare, I feel like most Florida reporters are really scared of Mac, its odd) he changes the subject or says "I won the division and thats all that matters". Lets not ignore that a 7-4 Florida team would be in the SECCG right now and no one in their right mind would accept a 7-4 record. The East is absolutely the worst division in P5 college football, winning this division proves nothing other than you just happened to get lucky that someone else sucked more than you did, and this year it was Tennessee. IIRC 13 teams in the SEC will have 4+ losses after Florida loses Saturday. That doesnt exactly scream a conference that is thriving of quality of difficulty like it did when Meyer was here.

So yea next season, if we end up averaging 25 PPG again and being worse than 80th in most categories like we are right now? I dont care if we win the East again, because if we did it'll likely be at 8-4. If that happens? Mac should absolutely enter 2018 on the hottest seat in the country. It eventually gets to a point that winning the worst division in a regressing conference with one of the worst offenses in the country for the 3rd year in a row under him just gets old and the AD needs to make a stand and say "Im not going to allow this kind of offensive ineptitude to continue on any longer at Florida". Especially when on top of it, it really looks like the swamp is struggling to fill up because the quality is so bad. No one wants to shell out a bunch of money to sit in the heat and watch floridas offense go three and out 10+ times a game. Theres a reason none of us is the AD at a major program but i dont see how any AD would be happy losing money because the head coach a previous AD hired isnt doing what he was hired to do. Also, its pretty common for new ADs to want their own guy coaching the football program. Not always, but there are plenty of situations in the past where an AD fired a football coach even if he wasnt doing bad because he wanted to get his own guy in the door. Happens in the NFL too with new owners/GMs wanting their own guy. I think a lot of people ignore this. Stricklin is not attached to the hip of Mac like Foley was with Muschamp. If the product doesnt improve? Wouldnt surprise me to see Stricklin make a change next season.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I saw a lot of freshmen making plays out there on Saturday, a positive sign for sure. Unfortunately, much of their being out there was out of necessity - I also saw a lot of mistakes. Hope they're learning, because they're the future.
But yeah, we really need a QB - should let Franks or Trask make some mistakes and learn - couldn't hurt.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator