For Squirrels

Dec 10, 2014
There's a great article on Gainesville.com about the band. I can't link it because i'm over on page views. For those of you who don't know, they were a band from Gainesville in the mid-90s. Right before they were about to make it big, their tour bus crashed killing the manager and two members. They were very, very good. I think they would have been the second biggest act out of Gainesville after Petty. Even if you haven't heard of them, give the article a click. Very interesting stuff. What could have been. I still listen to "Example."

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
animal_gifs_15.gif

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't a fan, but being involved in the music season in Gainesville during that time, they pulled their weight. Sad story.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
That song and the vocals not really my thing, but they did have an interesting sound.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
8:02 PM - Bought the cd for this song

[video=youtube;45IDW7D2td0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45IDW7D2td0[/video]

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Damn, haven't thought about that band in awhile!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I still listen to that CD every now and again. I liked those guys and was around the Ville when they were getting it going. Whore Culture still has to be one of my all time favorite local bands.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Never heard of them. But I like those 2 songs posted here and will try to hunt down their music. They remind me of mix between Buffalo Tom and Smashing Pumpkins:
[video=youtube;_8zkTOQfW7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8zkTOQfW7M[/video]

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They were really good. You have to remember this was the alternative/grundge era. They are going to sound a little like the Pumpkins, Collective Soul, Soundgarden, Live, etc.

There was a good local (and greater Central Florida) music scene back in the mid 90's.

Damn shame.

Alex.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n274012 said:
I still listen to that CD every now and again. I liked those guys and was around the Ville when they were getting it going. Whore Culture still has to be one of my all time favorite local bands.

Loved Whoreculture. Spidermonkey was another band that I had to go see when they were around.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n274779 said:
Loved Whoreculture. Spidermonkey was another band that I had to go see when they were around.
My wife tried to toss my WC and Spidermonkey CDs a few years ago - I told her that's the kind of music I like to listen to when I'm flying down the freeway by myself doing about 100mph - she is not appreciative of their music. Those CDs are still in the case, thankfully.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Finally came back to actually listen to the songs...still kind of remember the words, I just impressed myself! Now I need to see if I still have the CD somewhere.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone ever listen to Dingo Fish Band? Just found the whole album uploaded on YouTube. I still have a cassette tape of this album in my car. :lol:

[video=youtube;YyuveIQHQUA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyuveIQHQUA[/video]

Dec 10, 2014
Swamp Queen;n275030 said:
Finally came back to actually listen to the songs...still kind of remember the words, I just impressed myself! Now I need to see if I still have the CD somewhere.

I do

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ndolphin, Big White Undies, BiCurious George, Less Than Jake, Sister Hazel, Tabitha's Secret, Black Creek Band, For Squirrels...

Alex.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n275193 said:
Ndolphin, Big White Undies, BiCurious George, Less Than Jake, Sister Hazel, Tabitha's Secret, Black Creek Band, For Squirrels...

Alex.

I definitely still have my Big White Undies CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.