Former Five-Star Receives Third Car, Family Gets New Home While At Clemson

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seems it would be a little difficult for the NCAA to avoid doing something about that. How would you explain not taking action? If you don't, boosters all over the country will be paying parents so the kids will play for their favorite team. (Talking the LSU news above)

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
Ultimately you can’t regulate bona fide interpersonal relationships, even if those relationships were initiated for nefarious purposes. There are networks of wealthy Bama fans (in essence: informal undeclared Bama boosters) that identify the top kids early on so that by the time recruiting rolls around, they have long term business and interpersonal relationships with the parents and families of virtually all of the top recruits in the state. Consequently the kid pro quo is inverted.

So if you sign with a school other than Bama you’re spitting in the faces of your parents, family, and long-standing family benefactors. That kind of pressure is usually insurmountable especially for those vulnerable due to poverty, and it predicates further rewards disbursed to the family while also disguising their nature. What could be more natural than to stay home and continue to associate with people you have known for years, who employ your parents and let you borrow their vehicles.

It’s insurmountable, perfect corruption born out of an obsession with football that borders on psychosis. They will never be stopped because they will always go farther than anyone dares imagine. The only answer, ultimately, is pay the damn players.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Seems it would be a little difficult for the NCAA to avoid doing something about that. How would you explain not taking action? If you don't, boosters all over the country will be paying parents so the kids will play for their favorite team. (Talking the LSU news above)
Happens all the time. How do you think Auburn got Cam? Family members get jobs, new roofs on their church, all matter of things. As long as a booster isn't handing the player money you can get away with just about anything as long as you haven't left anything in writing explicitly stating "if your kid commits to us, I'll do this for you".
It just depends on how brave you are. Ever hear "everything's a dildo if you're brave enough"?. Yeah cheating is like that.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I won’t be sad when they get busted. I’m just not sure if Alabama puts up the ‘16 and ‘18 banners during the press conference or if they wait until opening day of the following year.
Too late. UCF has already claimed those championships and they have the vanity license plates to prove it.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Ultimately you can’t regulate bona fide interpersonal relationships, even if those relationships were initiated for nefarious purposes. There are networks of wealthy Bama fans (in essence: informal undeclared Bama boosters) that identify the top kids early on so that by the time recruiting rolls around, they have long term business and interpersonal relationships with the parents and families of virtually all of the top recruits in the state. Consequently the kid pro quo is inverted.

So if you sign with a school other than Bama you’re spitting in the faces of your parents, family, and long-standing family benefactors. That kind of pressure is usually insurmountable especially for those vulnerable due to poverty, and it predicates further rewards disbursed to the family while also disguising their nature. What could be more natural than to stay home and continue to associate with people you have known for years, who employ your parents and let you borrow their vehicles.

It’s insurmountable, perfect corruption born out of an obsession with football that borders on psychosis. They will never be stopped because they will always go farther than anyone dares imagine. The only answer, ultimately, is pay the damn players.
I’m with you for Alabama kids but their top recruits are all out of state. I’m sure some form of cheating exists at every school but I don’t think that explains everything. Bama also invests a ton of money into their program and Saban hires tons of coaching talent. He could build a decent coach staff out of his analysts - maybe multiple staffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.