Former NFL QB joins the UF staff

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Gatorsports article

Former NFL quarterback Charlie Frye is joining Florida’s support staff, a source with knowledge of the hiring told the Sun. Frye’s role at UF will entail player development and mental conditioning, the source said

Give me 20 mental pushups, NOW!

GatorTAG;n253539 said:
So he's higher than a 2 star?

Um...not sure.

A third-round pick in the 2005 NFL draft, Frye played six seasons in the NFL with the Browns, Seahawks and Raiders before injuries ended his pro career early. He started 13 games for Cleveland in 2006 and set several school records at Akron.

Akron, Cleveland, Raiders.....3rd round pick with 13 starts in 6 years....

cue law complaint in 3...2...

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Whether he beats out Trask for backup remains to be seen.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure the successful NFL QBs are not going to be a supporting staff member of any football team. I believe having staff members with NFL experience is helpful, no matter how great the experience was.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is really making great strides in improving the support staff. We've got double the overall staff we had under WM and I can't help but think it will help pay dividends with player development.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I wonder how JMac is getting all these guys to work for free? I mean, Foley is such a known cheapskate he couldn't be approving all these additional heads on the payroll, could he?

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Someone is better than no one. I think this is a positive move.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Looks as if Frye is wanting to be a CFB coach. This is a good move for all involved. Plus it gives Mac more help in the "support staff". Continue to like what he does. NOW CAN WE GET TO FOOTBALL SEASON ALREADY!:lol:

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n253547 said:
Pretty sure the successful NFL QBs are not going to be a supporting staff member of any football team. I believe having staff members with NFL experience is helpful, no matter how great the experience was.

:exactly:.... how many quarterbacks can actually say that they started at least 13 games in the NFL?

then again, what's Doug Johnson doing? It might be a pay upgrade for Shane Matthews too, he's local, and always wants to be on campus.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like these Quality Assurance Assistants. Guranteeing our success. Finally putting us on a level playing field with the Bamas and OSUs of the world. Never thought I'd say that...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n253588 said:
I like these Quality Assurance Assistants. Guranteeing our success. Finally putting us on a level playing field with the Bamas and OSUs of the world. Never thought I'd say that...

You probably never thought of a win at Missouri as an upset.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The more eyes we have on the players or potential players the better. It's obvious JMac came to UF with a plan and is executing his plan meticulously. Should be fun watching how everything plays out.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Good move!

And it's a pay increase from HS O-Coordinator I'm sure.

The Mac Train is chugging along.

:chomp:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
This is a Positive no matter how you look at it. We now have 30+ coaches on the support staff and we're still looking to add more. #GoGators

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;253620]

You probably never thought of a win at Missouri as an upset.[/QUOTE]

Or to have a team beat us with zero passing yards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.