Franks’ Improvement

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nex time Franks tries to jump over a linebacker, those reps for Trask may have been needed....
He is lucky that LB didnt just extend on him and lawn dart him head first. Very lucky.

Probably saw that goattee and felt compassion.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Look....EVERY QB struggles under pressure. Wuerffel did. Tebow did. Tom Brady does.
Really? Danny W. Do you remember the UF at FSU 95/96?

Danny was bounced around like a rag doll - never happen today - Frank's would have panicked or folded.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Really? Danny W. Do you remember the UF at FSU 95/96?

Danny was bounced around like a rag doll - never happen today - Frank's would have panicked or folded.

Getting his first year of real coaching. He’s doing better each week. Why isn’t that good enough for you

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember him scoring 21 points at Clowntown in 96 under a relentless (and illegal) attack. But yes, he struggled under pressure. He handled it well (comparatively) but he struggled.

I also remember DW in 93 as a RFr and 94 as a soph struggling a lot at times and people calling for Dean or Kresser.

No one thinks we have a Wuerffel or Tebow on our hands here but some of you bytching every time there is an incomplete pass is hilarious.

Franks isnt close to the main problem on this team. The OL is the root of all the problems, running or passing.

And even they looked improved at times yesterday. Go look at that first TD after the half and watch each lineman as you re watch.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I feel like he has improved and Franks and Mullen both deserve credit. It's also the easiest part of the schedule. Our 3 wins are against really bad teams. It will be interesting to see how Franks does vs some tougher teams.

Not as good as these 3 wins. But much better than last year. Just my guess.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Getting his first year of real coaching. He’s doing better each week. Why isn’t that good enough for you

Where did I say it was not?

Franks is no Danny W...that's on you

They were much tougher on QBs when Danny played - go watch replays - NOTHING like today.

Fact: Franks is not quick at decision making.
Fact: He not great at reading D
Fact: He tends to throw too hard when panicked
Fact: He trys to force plays rather than give what the D gives him when pressured.
Fact: He is miles a head, under MULLEN and is MUCH IMPROVED.
Fact: I make no excuses, I would have gone with FRANKS.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I remember him scoring 21 points at Clowntown in 96 under a relentless (and illegal) attack. But yes, he struggled under pressure. He handled it well (comparatively) but he struggled.

I also remember DW in 93 as a RFr and 94 as a soph struggling a lot at times and people calling for Dean or Kresser.

No one thinks we have a Wuerffel or Tebow on our hands here but some of you bytching every time there is an incomplete pass is hilarious.

Franks isnt close to the main problem on this team. The OL is the root of all the problems, running or passing.

And even they looked improved at times yesterday. Go look at that first TD after the half and watch each lineman as you re watch.
Holy dogsh*t, I'm agreeing with Law. :faint:

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Felipe Franks through 4 games:
50 of 95 for 742 w/ 12 TD & 2 INTs
QB Rating = 163.28

Regardless of the competition to date, this is pretty remarkable. He still has a way to go, but it’s a major step in the right direction. Dan has taken a mediocre QB and made him serviceable. If he can protect the football and continue to improve, we may become a dangerous foe to the teams the experts will pick us to lose to.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Serviceable is far from the goal in a quarterback-centric offense. Nevertheless, I do agree we need improvement from the offensive line. There are very few college teams that couldn't benefit from improved play up front.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Very impressed with the way FF came out to start the game. 100k fans, 107 decibels loud, Tennessee fired up, game still in play and on the road.

Very calm and sharp. Hits Stephens on an out route, great completion to Jefferson on 3rd and long that was called back, a dart to Swain to the 1 yd line, a Td pass to Raymond and tops it off with a tough run for a TD.

Never would have started with such composure last year. Didn’t overall have a great game but that start (14-0) really made a difference by capitalizing on 2 turnovers. Also closed out strong.

This kid is improving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.