Franks or Trask may start the bowl game

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Saw this on the Gator Bait message board. Goldkamp said there's a lot of smoke around this rumor and they'd do this to prepare one of the frosh for next year throughout bowl practice and the game etc.

I think it's pretty stupid to wait until then and they should have done it a handful of games ago.

Discuss.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It would be one of the dumbest coacbing moves in the history of coaching moves

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It would be one of the dumbest coacbing moves in the history of coaching moves
Why? I think it would be them actually doing something smart for once. If the freshman played relatively well, it could give us some offseason hope instead of the apathy and misery I'm expecting.

Anyone still focused on redshirts right now is being an idiot.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Why? I think it would be them actually doing something smart for once. If the freshman played relatively well, it could give us some offseason hope instead of the apathy and misery I'm expecting.

It's also smart because if we go into next season we 3 or maybe even 4 players in the same class with LDR also on the team....a few will transfer and we are back to square one.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I've been with you on 100 percent all year on this . But I don't think it would be right to burn a whole year of eligibility for one pointless bowl game.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've been with you on 100 percent all year on this . But I don't think it would be right to burn a whole year of eligibility for one pointless bowl game.

That bowl game will be our last opportunity to turn some recruits' heads. Nothing turns heads like a gunslinger throwing darts.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That bowl game will be our last opportunity to turn some recruits' heads. Nothing turns heads like a gunslinger throwing darts.
A gun slinger throwing picks will turn heads too...turn them in the other direction :lol:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meh, let him throw some. As long as he's tossing TDs too that is.
Who?

Go ahead and throw Trask out there, nothing to lose, but I don't see how you waste an entire year of eligibility on Franks if he wasn't already ready to go even as recently as the back 1/4 of the season.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we feel that good about him, why the hell havent we played em? Obviously the coaches would have to feel confident in the kid for tbis to happen. It just doesn't make sense. What if the better of the 2 has injury problems and needs the extra year ? I just don't think a one game showcase isn't gonna have a big enough positive impact imo.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sheshh fellas, I'm sorry. I'll never hope for some good offense again. I promise I'll stay in my place from now on.:backout:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sheshh fellas, I'm sorry. I'll never hope for some good offense again. I promise I'll stay in my place from now on.:backout:
Did my response sound mean? If so, I'm sorry. Youre my boy blue!!!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I seriously, seriously doubt it happens. We totally crapped the bed in our bowl game a year ago and it set the tone heading into 2016. Mac can ill afford the optics or results that starting an untested freshman in the final game of the year would yield.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nuss will still be calling plays. It won't matter who the QB is
:suspect:

Go watch 2222's gifs and tell me a QB with any kind of accuracy couldn't have made a difference last week. AA was atrocious.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I was all for playing Trask or Franks earlier in the season, if for no other reason than game experience. But to burn a redshirt at this point would be little more than a meaningless gesture of futility, not to mention throwing a lamb to the lions. Would do nothing for anybody's confidence going forward. Pitifully sad and embarrassingly dumb if true.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Go watch 2222's gifs and tell me a QB with any kind of accuracy couldn't have made a difference last week. AA was atrocious.
Same O line, QB won't make a difference

:suspect:

P.S. I'm out of excuses after this one, so please don't respond again :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Good God. If Franks turns out to be any good, he's just going to leave early for the NFL anyway. Why the hell do we keep worrying about this extra year crap?

We desperately need a spark in the Gator Nation before there are mass suicides. Give us some hope, for the love of God.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator