Franks out for season

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
We’re the JV version of 1995 Florida.

No run game, all pass, great receiving corps, fast but undersized defense.

Problem is, we’re going to struggle vs better SEC teams the way that team struggled vs Nebraska.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We’re the JV version of 1995 Florida.

No run game, all pass, great receiving corps, fast but undersized defense.

Problem is, we’re going to struggle vs better SEC teams the way that team struggled vs Nebraska.

And in a system based on rushing the ball well. People are really going to miss last year's O line once the losses start up against Auburn. Trask is going to take a beating once the Auburn game arrives.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A few thoughts, I was moved last night by the players concern for Franks last night. I hated seeing him in so much pain. He played the best that HE could.

Franks is/was one of the boys. I think Mullen was confusing that for leadership. Mullen could not replace Franks without a mutiny. I think that explains his devotion to Franks; his hope that the kinship would translate to leadership.

My 13 year old daughter has been watching games with me this season and said "trask actually listens to the coach, Frank's was always walking away."

I think we see a whole new team, as was observed.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
A few thoughts, I was moved last night by the players concern for Franks last night. I hated seeing him in so much pain. He played the best that HE could.

Franks is/was one of the boys. I think Mullen was confusing that for leadership. Mullen could not replace Franks without a mutiny. I think that explains his devotion to Franks; his hope that the kinship would translate to leadership.

My 13 year old daughter has been watching games with me this season and said "trask actually listens to the coach, Frank's was always walking away."

I think we see a whole new team, as was observed.

I wish I had that faith. Looking at the schedule while Mullen is stubborn I will be shocked if Jones isn't starting by the SC game. Auburn and LSU are going to tear someone up like Trask with us having no decent rushing attack.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
And in a system based on rushing the ball well. People are really going to miss last year's O line once the losses start up against Auburn. Trask is going to take a beating once the Auburn game arrives.

Dan said in the presser that it’ll be a two headed monster going forward at QB. I imagine Emory will do more of the rpo and qb running to protect Kyle a bit from injury.

I wonder if he’ll have the two qbs take whole series or cycle them in for one or two plays. Probably the former. He seems to like the idea of rhythm for QBs. Hard to do when subbing a bunch.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Franks was the popular choice and I think dan had to go with him for team chemistry since there wasn’t huge separation between him and Trask. Now, there’s no potential for player discontent since the changeover came from injury.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Franks was the popular choice and I think dan had to go with him for team chemistry since there wasn’t huge separation between him and Trask. Now, there’s no potential for player discontent since the changeover came from injury.

That's a good point too. That being said I am not too fond of having the team dictate what the coach should be doing based on their off field preference.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
That's a good point too. That being said I am not too fond of having the team dictate what the coach should be doing based on their off field preference.

Unfortunately, in this day and age young people and their feelings are dictating way too much but that’s where we are culturally.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wish I had that faith. Looking at the schedule while Mullen is stubborn I will be shocked if Jones isn't starting by the SC game. Auburn and LSU are going to tear someone up like Trask with us having no decent rushing attack.
I'm glad that amongst all the negativity, we have a breath of fresh air like you to brighten things up for us.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I guess we will see, but I don’t think there will be any drop off with Trask instead of Franks. I don’t know that Mullen is stubborn, I just believe what Ox says when he says he doesn’t think Mullen particularly likes any of the qbs we have on the roster.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I'm glad that amongst all the negativity, we have a breath of fresh air like you to brighten things up for us.
I said in another thread the other day that Fever never met a rival team he didn’t fellate the entire week leading up to the game.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess we will see, but I don’t think there will be any drop off with Trask instead of Franks. I don’t know that Mullen is stubborn, I just believe what Ox says when he says he doesn’t think Mullen particularly likes any of the qbs we have on the roster.

I think he shows he is stubborn with the QB position based on his past stops. He (or that staff) wouldn't change out the more senior QBs at Miss State or Utah with the younger ones that proved to be much better right off the bat until an injury took the more senior QB out of the game.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I said in another thread the other day that Fever never met a rival team he didn’t fellate the entire week leading up to the game.

Get back with me later in the year and we can compare comments - just telling some realities with the situation now with our O line etc. I just choose not to live in fantasy land like some.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Trash requires us to abandon about 80% of the playbook. On most of the running plays, we dont block a defensive end and expect the QB to handle him by reading or hurting them on foot if they crash on the tailback run.

Its Ihe option playbook that I despise, but it is what we have spent the last two years installing. You dont change it in a week.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Brutal. He’ll likely deal with recurring issues from that for the rest of his life.
Actually, likely not. I dislocated my ankle and broke the fubula on a tennis court 30 years ago. The foot was at a 45 to the leg. Biggest pain was resetting the sucker in the ER.

Ligaments were repaired during surgery and they put three screws in the fibula to stabilize the bone. I was back on the court hitting balls in three months and fully healed in six. Zero residual effects. The ankle joint isn't nearly as delicate as the knee.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Trash requires us to abandon about 80% of the playbook. On most of the running plays, we dont block a defensive end and expect the QB to handle him by reading or hurting them on foot if they crash on the tailback run.

Its Ihe option playbook that I despise, but it is what we have spent the last two years installing. You dont change it in a week.
Hell, you don’t like 80% of the playbook, you should bee thrilled :lol:

It’s the quick decision making that will be the difference. We will get four full quarters of Trask against UT, with a little EJ mixed in. Granted, Tennessee is terrible, but they’re still an SEC defense(kinda).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator