Franks out for season

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
Running game has been dismal this year for sure, but it definitely opened up a little at the end when Trask started throwing the rock around. Its "amazing" what a passing game can do to get the running game going.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Franks is done as a Gator. He will recover then transfer. Best of luck to him. Maybe baseball is where he lands. Trask has a better tempo for DM offense. He also appears to be much more humble and coachable. Its going to be interesting. OL still our biggest issue. Great to be a Gator though.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
Bash the kid all you want. I for one was rooting for him and felt like he was giving it his all every time he took a snap. Horrible to see it happen to any kid at this level. But, I am excited and nervous which is a fun feeling for what comes next.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
UF had 222 yards of offense and 19 points in the 4th quarter...was this due to Trask? Play calling? Stoops ineptness? The return of Swamp Law Donk?....tune in to the rest of the season to find out...

Last edited:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is very outspoken and flamboyant and brings a lot of distractions. Trask is quiet and unassuming and just gets to work. The offense starting cranking once he got in there to inject new life into the offense. The Legend of Trask started tonight. We found out he was something special with this comeback win tonight.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yeah, the Auburn/LSU/UGA is looking problematic after showing how piss poor we are at running the ball. I think we can win all of them, but the chance that we lose all of them just went up
The other problem is inefficiency after crossing midfield....this team is not talented enough not to come away with at least FG's especially on the road in conference play and the worst part is going back to the UM game we are turning it over on 1st and 2nd down...Maybe Trask is a better game manager than FF's? We'll have to see now that opposing teams have film on him.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have always thought Trask was the better QB and was baffled how he was not starting. I believe that if he had not broken his foot after the Missouri game last season he would have finished the season as the starter and remained the starter this season. The running game and poor OL play is all on Hevesey.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We’ve got playmakers that if given the chance can make our offense explosive. Trask made quick decisions and got the ball out fast and mostly on time to the right place. That’s what this O needs behind a suspect line. Franks just doesn’t have that quick trigger consistently enough. All the sudden Jefferson was unstoppable...I doubt it was because he just coincidentally got open for Trask

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Trask reads the defense quicker than Franks. He tries to get the ball out on schedule. Franks was late on nearly every throw, because he was so slow diagnosing the defense. Which led to most of his picks. Trask will be the antithesis of that. He usually gets himself into trouble anticipating throws. He will throw for more yards, but will probably throw more picks. And I'm cool with that. I'm fine with 8-12 INTS if you're throwing 30+ touchdowns. Trask throwing on schedule will immensely help the running game. It'll soften some of those 7 and 8 man fronts.

If only Perine could become more of a North/South runner...

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I have always thought Trask was the better QB and was baffled how he was not starting. I believe that if he had not broken his foot after the Missouri game last season he would have finished the season as the starter and remained the starter this season. The running game and poor OL play is all on Hevesey.

Trask seems to be a better midrange passer, but he can't run unless he goes completely uncovered, and he is injury prone. I also don't think he has the arm strength to threaten a deep ball. That limits Mullens playbook significantly. Also UK had a very thin secondary. LSU and UGA are going to completely shut that down.

As for the OL, they have been atrocious on the run blocking but have been decent on pass protection. I agree that it is on Hevesy, but unless you are at Donkey delusional levels, you just can't replace 4 starters on the OLine and expect them to be stout in the SEC or against an above average Dline upfront. People have been saying that since last season but it seems everyone is focused on the QB position more than anything else.

Mullen needs to do what he is paid bucket loads of money to do and figure out how to use two starting QBs each game to play for their strengths against the tough competition.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Trask seems to be a better midrange passer, but he can't run unless he goes completely uncovered, and he is injury prone. I also don't think he has the arm strength to threaten a deep ball. That limits Mullens playbook significantly. Also UK had a very thin secondary. LSU and UGA are going to completely shut that down.

As for the OL, they have been atrocious on the run blocking but have been decent on pass protection. I agree that it is on Hevesy, but unless you are at Donkey delusional levels, you just can't replace 4 starters on the OLine and expect them to be stout in the SEC or against an above average Dline upfront. People have been saying that since last season but it seems everyone is focused on the QB position more than anything else.

Mullen needs to do what he is paid bucket loads of money to do and figure out how to use two starting QBs each game to play for their strengths against the tough competition.
My problem with Hevesey is not replacing 4 starters. It is that he cannot recruit Stud OL to replace those 4 starters. We replaced 4 starters with 4 players who could not beat out the OL who started last season and that OL was terrible too.

So, by proxy the OL will be as bad or worse this season. And, Dan complained in every post game press conference last season that he needed improved OL play - before anyone tells me the OL played well last season. Also, just like last season as soon as the ball is snapped a DL is in the backfield so, the RB or QB has to make an immediate decision. Trask does have arm strength for the deep ball and has shown it in spring games. Jones is inaccurate as a passer which is why he get's little playing time.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
My problem with Hevesey is not replacing 4 starters. It is that he cannot recruit Stud OL to replace those 4 starters. We replaced 4 starters with 4 players who could not beat out the OL who started last season and that OL was terrible too.

So, by proxy the OL will be as bad or worse this season. And, Dan complained in every post game press conference last season that he needed improved OL play - before anyone tells me the OL played well last season. Also, just like last season as soon as the ball is snapped a DL is in the backfield so, the RB or QB has to make an immediate decision. Trask does have arm strength for the deep ball and has shown it in spring games. Jones is inaccurate as a passer which is why he get's little playing time.

OL recruiting has actually been one of the better recruited positions given our atrocious recruiting otherwise, but it is one of the positions that true freshmen just can't start right away and takes significant time to develop. That is why we are stuck with 3* whisperer butters specials on the oline behind a number of much more talented out of high school recruits.

As for what our record for the Oline specifically looks last year:

Is Florida's offensive line really a weak spot for 2019? - Read and Reaction

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I admit without him any chance of 9-3 and another good bowl game is out the door. Trask won't be able to pick the teams we have coming up apart like that and he will be under constant pressure due to them not having to respect any running game. I think 8-4 is possible but probably nothing better as I see Auburn,LSU and Georgia eating this offense up with no decent rushing attack. I think Mullen will face a question down the road if he needs to put Jones in there as the starter to see what he has and for the experience.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I think we downplay how well that unit run blocked last season. You could see in the Spring game this group was lost when it came to that.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I admit without him any chance of 9-3 and another good bowl game is out the door. Trask won't be able to pick the teams we have coming up apart like that and he will be under constant pressure due to them not having to respect any running game. I think 8-4 is possible but probably nothing better as I see Auburn,LSU and Georgia eating this offense up with no decent rushing attack. I think Mullen will face a question down the road if he needs to put Jones in there as the starter to see what he has and for the experience.
Fever, you think every team on the schedule is going to beat us, and you say it week in and week out. What you’re saying is entirely possible, but look at the opponents we have. Auburn is stout up front, sure, but they’re not great on the back end. LSU’s defense was trampled, at home, for the majority of last night by Northwestern State. Northwestern fn State. I still think we lose that game, if only because we’re playing them out there.

UGay will be the real test, and honestly, if we can stop the run, we should be in a good position to beat them. Their offensive line isn’t any better than Kentucky’s, I don’t care who says what.

Unless we really step on our dicks, the East is still very much in play, especially if we can get any semblance of a running game. It’ll all come down to that game in Jacksonville.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fever, you think every team on the schedule is going to beat us, and you say it week in and week out. What you’re saying is entirely possible, but look at the opponents we have. Auburn is stout up front, sure, but they’re not great on the back end. LSU’s defense was trampled, at home, for the majority of last night by Northwestern State. Northwestern fn State. I still think we lose that game, if only because we’re playing them out there.

UGay will be the real test, and honestly, if we can stop the run, we should be in a good position to beat them. Their offensive line isn’t any better than Kentucky’s, I don’t care who says what.

Unless we really step on our dicks, the East is still very much in play, especially if we can get any semblance of a running game. It’ll all come down to that game in Jacksonville.

We played like crap both times but won luckily (I will take the wins any way I can get them) but anyone thinking we can win the east over GA with no rushing game needs to see a professional imo.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
We played like crap both times but won luckily (I will take the wins any way I can get them) but anyone thinking we can win the east over GA with no rushing game needs to see a professional imo.

I don't get the whole "won lucky" thing. The defense freaking stuffed UK in the 4rth quarter. David Reese was killing it. That is partly S&C and partly mentality to not give up when we are down 11 points and had, what maybe 10 minutes on the clock in the 4rth quarter?

Some luck came our way for sure, but the main reason we won is Trask connecting with WRs over and over again, and D coming through in the 4rth quarter. You could argue that UK missed a FG, but we did too. So that's a wash. We also missed 2/2 2 point conversions. A lot was going against us.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know how legit this is, but I was sent this earlier.
Brutal. He’ll likely deal with recurring issues from that for the rest of his life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.