Franks still a year away?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I went to watch him play in the state championship game excited with lots of hope. I came away disappointed. He kind of reminded you of a guy on stilts. He was tall and could see the field but was slow. I didn't think he evaded the rush very well. Under pressure he threw the ball hard. He has such a strong arm there is little arch. That means if he is not dead on target, the receiver has very little chance to adjust. I'm hoping they give Toney a shot at starting. I think he could be the good news we have been waiting on. He's brings excitement to the offense. I can see him starting by the third game. In the spring game he was the only excitement we had. Let's face it, he's our hope.
He's the one who can save CM's job. And
I'm hoping for good things this year.

One more thing. We have to remember the athletes from the great state of Florida on average are better than most out of state. Up north the basketball recruits are better than the ones we have down here. The big factor is the weather, of course. Some Florida 3 stars are four stars. That gives me hopes regarding the players we now have.

I just don't see a true freshman leading Mac to a decent season this year. I am starting to think Zaire while limited himself may be our only chance to go 9-3 if everything fell just right. It does just put the QB situation off another year however if he comes here.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I went to watch him play in the state championship game excited with lots of hope. I came away disappointed.

In Franks defense, the coaching he got in high school was said to be "the equivalent to drawing plays up in the dirt." That was by a local guy who covered the team and high school football. I don't remember his name. He does a good job though. I watched him as well. I came away with the same opinion as the local sports guy.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't see a true freshman leading Mac to a decent season this year. I am starting to think Zaire while limited himself may be our only chance to go 9-3 if everything fell just right. It does just put the QB situation off another year however if he comes here.
I don't see zaire going though multiple progressions. He's a one read and run kinda qb. He would be better off in mullet or malzahn type of O. I don't know if he's a very goodbfit for this offense.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see zaire going though multiple progressions. He's a one read and run kinda qb. He would be better off in mullet or malzahn type of O. I don't know if he's a very goodbfit for this offense.

I doubt Franks ever gets past 2nd reads for the most part in real game situations. Zaire can do that and they have to respect his running. I agree he would be better in a Malzahn type offense but he still may be our best option if Mac adjusts a little.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt Franks ever gets past 2nd reads for the most part in real game situations. Zaire can do that and they have to respect his running. I agree he would be better in a Malzahn type offense but he still may be our best option if Mac adjusts a little.
Adjust a little? He didn't do dick for treon. We don't know if franks sucks yet. He might but we don't know. We know Zaire ain't a world beater and he damn sure aint goin through multiple progressions.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Adjust a little? He didn't do dick for treon. We don't know if franks sucks yet. He might but we don't know. We know Zaire ain't a world beater and he damn sure aint goin through multiple progressions.

Zaire beat LSU and has never lost a game as a starter or thrown an interception. I am almost to the point I want Mac to prove he can develop a QB however.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
In Franks defense, the coaching he got in high school was said to be "the equivalent to drawing plays up in the dirt." That was by a local guy who covered the team and high school football. I don't remember his name. He does a good job though. I watched him as well. I came away with the same opinion as the local sports guy.

And we stole him from Miles. When is the last time LSU recruited a decent QB? Probably the same as Houston Baptist.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I wish someone knew what kinda QB would be a good fit for this offense.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Zaire beat LSU and has never lost a game as a starter or thrown an interception. I am almost to the point I want Mac to prove he can develop a QB however.
He beat lsu with 90 passing yards.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Hope I'm wrong but I think Frank's will always be just one year away.

I am afraid you are right. And as I have suggested on other thread, if UF starts anyone other than Franks to start this season, I do not expect Franks to be on the roster this fall.

If this staff does not think he is ready after 1.5 seasons, why would he ever think they will believe he is ready. You might say the same thing about Trask, but he likely has fewer options than Franks. If neither of these guys can take ahold of the job this fall, why wouldn't Allen be the odds on favorite for 2018?

Finally, as I considered posting in the Fields thread, Fields is somewhat irrelevant for this staff. If they can not get a QB coached up out of Allen, Franks and Trask, they are going to be in real trouble.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I am assuming that all the calls for Zaire are a joke. Right?

I am assuming that you guys have seen him play and know that he sucks. Right?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am assuming that all the calls for Zaire are a joke. Right?

I am assuming that you guys have seen him play and know that he sucks. Right?

He didn't play bad. The kid never threw a pick yet. He hasn't played a bunch due to that injury etc. but I doubt Mac would have had to load the DBs going against him with walk-ons and 3rd stringers in the spring game so as not to let fans see what really is going on. Heck he even let LDR mostly go against the 2nd stringers in 2016 so that should tell you something right there. It was when Kelly threw the other guy in there ND lost all those games.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mac will be fired if he goes 6-6. Winning the East twice can't undo that suckage. If he is retained the entire AD should be purged. UF should act like we're a football school, or leave the SEC and join CUSA. It's that simple. We're gonna lose millions and the cord cutting is about to hit home.

STFU Troll!

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
He didn't play bad. The kid never threw a pick yet. He hasn't played a bunch due to that injury etc. but I doubt Mac would have had to load the DBs going against him with walk-ons and 3rd stringers in the spring game so as not to let fans see what really is going on. Heck he even let LDR mostly go against the 2nd stringers in 2016 so that should tell you something right there. It was when Kelly threw the other guy in there ND lost all those games.
He got beat out by Everett Golson, Deshone Kizer and Wimbush. Hard pass. ND lost all those games because their defense was trash. It had zero to with Kizer. Kizer scored almost as many TDs as UF's entire offense. ND's DC got canned he was so bad.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He got beat out by Everett Golson, Deshone Kizer and Wimbush. Hard pass. ND lost all those games because their defense was trash. It had zero to with Kizer. Kizer scored almost as many TDs as UF's entire offense. ND's DC got canned he was so bad.

lol Zaire got better results than them in his short time. Kelly showed how much of a retard he was putting that one guy in. Never hardly produced when needed in clutch time like Zaire did and they lost most of their games. I watched ND some and that QB wasn't that good when they needed him to be late in games.

Not saying Zaire will be that good but he is probably our best option right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.