Franks to be named starter?

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I don't get it, the only thing I've heard positive about Filipe is his arm strength. If Trask is better at the mental part of the game how is he not the starter

If he is not, the only thing I can't think of is as the challenger "You have to be a lot better" to upset the starter.

BUT I don't see it that way. Last year IMHO, LDR should have started. Weaker arm but was more accurate and faster on the read.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
This tells me one thing:

We're a "RUN FIRST" offense, especially against teams like Charleston Southern, KY, and Col. ST.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This tells me one thing:

We're a "RUN FIRST" offense, especially against teams like Charleston Southern, KY, and Col. ST.
Smdh....

Guys we hire Dan Mullinz, we will always be a run first and basically run only offense.... I know, there was that one year in 2007 and that one year with Dak, in the last 15 years.

BourbonGator

Aug 6, 2018
Go Gators, and go Feleipe! If that makes me a pumper, so be it. It's week one - if we can't be optimistic now, when can we? Looking forward to seeing how this plays out (all while enjoying a full day of college football with lots of great food, bourbon and beer).

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I have a strong suspicion that if it is Franks then a lot of the Trask talk was people projecting their want at qb causing them to see things that really weren't there. We need to cheer for either guy.
I'll cheer for every player because they're gators and I want them all to succeed regardless of what popular public opinion is of one player.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Go Gators! I'm hoping that we win by a lot but I also want us to be crisp, aggressive, tough and look like we are a talented, well coached team!

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Go Gators, and go Feleipe! If that makes me a pumper, so be it. It's week one - if we can't be optimistic now, when can we? Looking forward to seeing how this plays out (all while enjoying a full day of college football with lots of great food, bourbon and beer).

Damn you just got me fired up and I’m already an unabashed pumper!

Go Gators!

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Oh, I'll back Franks 100%.

My disappointment is that it is clear we will run and run often.

I thought Trask had that over the middle and fade route going for him.

I'm 100% Gator but pining over what if Kerwin was coaching? (Sorry, I dozed off there for a minute)

AND you kids get off my lawn.

senior-man-holding-a-newspaper-and-sleeping-in-front-of-the-tv-isolated-GDJG2B.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator