bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My step-sister was married to a guy that said he was going to college (he wasn’t), said he graduated (he didn’t) said he was working at a job (he got fired from) and eventually it all came tumbling down. They had two kids together. Hard to understand how this happens. I remember him as someone that was always joking and laughing but I guess things were really messed up on the inside. Eventually he committed suicide in a high profile manner.

Yeah, that’s messed up.

This is the exact opposite. Army Veteran. Nearly 2 decades with the Sheriff office. Wife is super accomplished. 5 kids. A very, very successful family.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, that’s messed up.

This is the exact opposite. Army Veteran. Nearly 2 decades with the Sheriff office. Wife is super accomplished. 5 kids. A very, very successful family.

Damn bro, so your bud’s in jail.

That’s gotta suck for his family.

I should probably head over there and help comfort his wife while he’s gone.

Alex.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Have a close friend in West Palm who, when my wife was having a baby shower for our second child, took me to an early dinner at the Yard House. We had this incredible steak sandwich and a couple beers before heading down for a Heat game. Anyway, had a blast and even though I was moving away we both agreed that this had to be a regular event, sandwich and all. But here, nearly 11 years later, between kids, work, travel and other parts of our busy lives, we’ve not managed to make it happen. Not once. Point is sometimes you take things for granted and think, there’s always tomorrow. Then one day you look up and realize, damn, I haven’t had that steak sandwich in over ten years. Anyway, it’s pretty vexing.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Have a close friend in West Palm who, when my wife was having a baby shower for our second child, took me to an early dinner at the Yard House. We had this incredible steak sandwich and a couple beers before heading down for a Heat game. Anyway, had a blast and even though I was moving away we both agreed that this had to be a regular event, sandwich and all. But here, nearly 11 years later, between kids, work, travel and other parts of our busy lives, we’ve not managed to make it happen. Not once. Point is sometimes you take things for granted and think, there’s always tomorrow. Then one day you look up and realize, damn, I haven’t had that steak sandwich in over ten years. Anyway, it’s pretty vexing.
It's cliche (and likely the pet peeve of many), but, things like this you just have to DO/make happen... or they don't. There has to be a bit of "fuk it, i'm just going" or you might as well be dead.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's cliche (and likely the pet peeve of many), but, things like this you just have to DO/make happen... or they don't. There has to be a bit of "fuk it, i'm just going" or you might as well be dead.

We’ve caught several Heat games since then, and had great times in other settings. Just haven’t recaptured that exact day.

I was kind of half way joking anyway about the sandwich anyway. I’ve got a close friend finishing up 20 years and walking into a completely new world, if I want a concern. But I do agree. I’m not a big talker, and prefer to do. Just one of those weird cases where it seems to never work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.