FSU’s Mike Norvell already stepping in it; may last fewer games as HC than Willie Taggart

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
When Drew Brees can get verbally attacked by his own teammates...Norvell does not stand a chance.

Take note...What group dominates Football Participation? (Who Starts?) What group dominates the Fan Base? Dominates Season Ticket Holders? Booster$$$?

No fan base...no $$$$

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The players now control the locker room and they know it. Gonna enjoy watching that joke if a program.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like this is going to turn out to be a tempest in a teapot.
These riots have everybody on edge.

Moving On: After clearing the air in meetings, FSU players back to work
fgjt3038n5nge1y3jcq9

Ira Schoffel • Warchant
Managing Editor
@iraschoffel
After what was described as a positive team meeting with head coach Mike Norvell on Thursday morning, Florida State's players took to social media to proclaim that they were ready to move forward as a unified group.

Senior defensive tackle Marvin Wilson, who criticized Norvell on social media early Thursday for misrepresenting text messages about racial inequality with players over the weekend, said he appreciated the fact that Norvell encouraged him to use his "platform" for change.

So Semininies can return to their mantra "we're back!"

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The players now control the locker room and they know it. Gonna enjoy watching that joke if a program.

This will be interesting to see how it unfolds. I'm not sure he's lost total control since he hasn't even coached a game yet. I think his biggest issue was keeping Odel Haggins. He's loved around there, but he needed it to be "his" program and these kids will run to Haggins (notice the player who made the complaint was a DL, the position Haggins coaches). For now you'll hear "everything is fine"...but we'll see.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Uncle Luke, the 2 Live Crew dude, tweeted something the day Norvell was hired about FSU not getting anymore kids from So Fla or something.

Don’t remember the details, but I think it hinted that he thought NorveLLLLLLL is racist.

I could be off, and I’m too lazy to find it, so TIFWIW.

I’m a 5-star poster with this detailed gem!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Uncle Luke, the 2 Live Crew dude, tweeted something the day Norvell was hired about FSU not getting anymore kids from So Fla or something.

Don’t remember the details, but I think it hinted that he thought NorveLLLLLLL is racist.

d155d473-71cc-4ea8-a232-9464233463b6_text.gif

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

In this day and age, I wouldn’t think coaching college football would be a wise career choice if you hate blacks. Of course, given his support of the Canes, Uncle Luke may not be the most reliable source...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wasnt it more like if they fired WiLLLLLLLie, the Black Twitter Mafia declared they had to hire Odell or some other black man?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Wasnt it more like if they fired WiLLLLLLLie, the Black Twitter Mafia declared they had to hire Odell or some other black man?

Yes but then collectively, all of us on this board fcvked the Odell hiring up by outing him as a shiiitty coach when we said we hoped he was the pick. We have nobody but ourselves to blame for him being passed over.

This time around we should all pray out loud that they hire someone else and then let out a loud cheer when they hire Odell, the career position coach, to run the program further into the ground.

Jun 2, 2015
In this day and age, I wouldn’t think coaching college football would be a wise career choice if you hate blacks. Of course, given his support of the Canes, Uncle Luke may not be the most reliable source...

Last I heard was that Uncle Luke was banned from the football facilities or contacting the team, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator