FSU a 91% FPI over UF this year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Just saw this on CFB Live. I guess FSU will be good this year but they are replacing guys like Freeman, Wilder, and Rapist favorite bail out target, Kelvin Benjamin and Kenny Shaw. I know they also lost key members of their defense as well as their defensive coordinator. Are they in for a letdown ? I believe they are.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well a lot of us were saying the same thing this time last year when they lost their D coordinator, QB, some offensive weapons and a couple of DE's that went pretty high in th draft. Hope you're right, but personnally I'd rather have them doing well with no excuses the next time we beat dat @zz....

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The sad part is their scheduled allows them 3 months of practice before they play a real opponent.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Homer J;n21036 said:
The sad part is their scheduled allows them 3 months of practice before they play a real opponent.

Nothing new there...but I don't think they will duplicate their success as easily as most think. I think last year was generally speaking just a down year in CFB. I mean Bama gave up over 40 points on a couple of occasions, Auburn needed 2 or 3 miracles to get to where they were, and for gods sake MISERY won the east. It was like a bad dream that came true and I don't see it happening twice. FSU will win atleast 10 games but they will not repeat as champions.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I will be shocked if Jameis is as dominate as last year... EVERYTHING seemed to fall into his lap last year... 2 BIG possession receivers. A great line giving him all day to throw, coupled with a great RB in Freeman.... Let's see how well he does when he actually faces some adversity on the field...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
gmdgator;n21045 said:
I will be shocked if Jameis is as dominate as last year... EVERYTHING seemed to fall into his lap last year... 2 BIG possession receivers. A great line giving him all day to throw, coupled with a great RB in Freeman.... Let's see how well he does when he actually faces some adversity on the field...

I agree totally. Freeman was not given enough credit and Wilder was a beast when blocking although pretty average as a RB. Their WR's are all like 5'9". I can see him throwing a few more ints. this year and without any 235# RB's to pick up pass rushers or 6'5" bailout WR's he will find life a little less comfortable. In fact I see a lot of comparisons to our 2009 team which was all but handed the BCS Trophy by the media before the season ever began. The only exception is that FSU's team this year doesn't have half the talent that our 2009 team had.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
gmdgator;n21045 said:

I agree totally. Freeman was not given enough credit and Wilder was a beast when blocking although pretty average as a RB. Their WR's are all like 5'9". I can see him throwing a few more ints. this year and without any 235# RB's to pick up pass rushers or 6'5" bailout WR's he will find life a little less comfortable. In fact I see a lot of comparisons to our 2009 team which was all but handed the BCS Trophy by the media before the season ever began. The only exception is that FSU's team this year doesn't have half the talent that our 2009 team had.
That big WR last season bailed Winston out a lot.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Dugaboy said:
Concrete seems to know a lot about FSU....
How does the old saying go, Know your friends well, know your enemies better, or something along those lines. I'm just a longtime Gator fan who has a lot of time on his hands and usually a full pot of coffee or cold beers depending on the time of day.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gmdgator;n21045 said:

I'm hoping for that sophomore slump just to shut some people up that think he's going undefeated again this year.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The FPI has no bearing at this point in the season. Just like BPI in basketball it changes after every game, and right now it is solely based off assumptions. It is interesting though that their lowest FPI winning percentage is 87% to Miami. 87%? Their schedule is a joke.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Phineus Maximus;n21388 said:
I'm hoping for that sophomore slump just to shut some people up that think he's going undefeated again this year.

Sophomore slump is usually caused by DC's studying game films. Rapeist has flaws and tendencies that will be attacked better this year. If we pressure him, he will crack like a rotten egg!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've been saying this for a while now. They are losing too much. Plus they are on their 3rd defensive coordinator in 3 years. We've seen first hand how coaching turn over can affect the program. With all the players they have to replace and to factor in we will be way more tested as usual. I like our chances with a healthy team.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Have you guys seen the CFB Rank on ESPN? They have like 15 FSU players on it. I think there is a little too much of a love affair for the :nole:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.