FSU hires Cornrow Norvell from bottom feeder Memphis

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A couple web outlets speculating that Notre Dame OC Chip Long, who coached alongside Norvell at ASU and Memphis, could head south to rejoin him at FSU.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Norvell will be their Butters. Good offense coming to a team with no OL recruited in the last several years. Mediocre recruiting history and doesn’t believe in defense.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Norvell’s offense isn’t at all like Mac’s. It can best be described as balanced, fast and aggressive, a spread with a lot of different looks including double tight ends and the pistol.

There’ll be a lot of comparisons to the old FSU fast-break if he gets hired.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
A couple web outlets speculating that Notre Dame OC Chip Long, who coached alongside Norvell at ASU and Memphis, could head south to rejoin him at FSU.
Ah the ole assistant coach speculation for a hire that hasn’t been announced

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Norvell will be their Butters. Good offense coming to a team with no OL recruited in the last several years. Mediocre recruiting history and doesn’t believe in defense.
Will FSU give him the 3 years it'd take to rebuild the OL before they sh!tcan him?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Will FSU give him the 3 years it'd take to rebuild the OL before they sh!tcan him?

A lot depends on the buyout. You can imagine the pressure FSU is under to not only find the right guy, but to also avoid repeating the colossal financial mistake they made with Taggart.

The terms of the contract are almost as intriguing as the choice.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A lot depends on the buyout. You can imagine the pressure FSU is under to not only find the right guy, but to also avoid repeating the colossal financial mistake they made with Taggart.

The terms of the contract are almost as intriguing as the choice.
Can you imagine Norvell leaving his cush job w/o having a huge buyout after what happened to Taggart?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can you imagine Norvell leaving his cush job w/o having a huge buyout after what happened to Taggart?

Probably not, which is why there may be more drama yet to come. FSU insists its cash flow issues related to unexpected and one-time expenses will be behind them by 2021. They’re a large underwriting risk until then.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Probably not, which is why there may be more drama to come. FSU insists its cash flow issues related to unexpected and one-time expenses will be behind them by 2021. They’re a large underwriting risk until then.
Last I looked at them, they had about $200mil in debt and really didn't cash flow at all. I think the number was $3.5mil shortfall last year. This year should be worse. I really want Norvell to just stay at Memphis. Not worried about him at FSU, although he has a lot of potential, but I want FSU to wither until after ESD

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Last I looked at them, they had about $200mil in debt and really didn't cash flow at all. I think the number was $3.5mil shortfall last year. This year should be worse. I really want Norvell to just stay at Memphis. Not worried about him at FSU, although he has a lot of potential, but I want FSU to wither until after ESD

Revenue is off largely due to declining attendance. That puts them between a rock and a hard place with zero time to contemplate how best to fix it. That heightens the chances of another large glorious mistake.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Revenue is off largely due to declining attendance. That puts them between a rock and a hard place with zero time to contemplate how best to fix it. That heightens the chances of another large glorious mistake.
When I actually looked at them in depth was pre-Taggart, so I'll disclose that, and they still were barely making it.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
So basically they’re going all in with a pair of fives.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That’s just hard hearted and cruel.

I like it!
;)
colo-blooded-com-15158485.png

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When I actually looked at them in depth was pre-Taggart, so I'll disclose that, and they still were barely making it.

This is a program that just a couple years ago ranked high in the nation in net income. They’re trying to spin it as being a victim of circumstances, which is laughable. FSU is a victim of its own awful decision making.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.